✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, cluck!

Ever since the left came out (about 5 years ago over the LGBT issue) and said they would protest/boycott Chick Fil-A the one close to my house has been so crowded it's hard to find a parking spot and they have expanded the drive thru to 2 lanes. They have girls going to each car with a laptop to take your order and you pay for it with a credit card. When I brought my wife home from the hospital Tuesday she wanted some so we went thru the drive thru. Even though there was about 30 vehicles in the drive thru it only took about 5-7 minutes from start to receiving food, pretty good service I'd say.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don’t live near one so they wouldn’t get me as a customer anyway but I won’t support demeaning prejudicial behavior. As a Black woman im looking at SSDD even if it’s not my particular battle as I’m not gay

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ever since the left came out (about 5 years ago over the LGBT issue) and said they would protest/boycott Chick Fil-A the one close to my house has been so crowded it's hard to find a parking spot and they have expanded the drive thru to 2 lanes. They have girls going to each car with a laptop to take your order and you pay for it with a credit card. When I brought my wife home from the hospital Tuesday she wanted some so we went thru the drive thru. Even though there was about 30 vehicles in the drive thru it only took about 5-7 minutes from start to receiving food, pretty good service I'd say.
Well, I avoid fast food (and especially chicken), but they are busy around here too. And their young people are even polite, being instructed to say, "My pleasure" when you say thank you, instead of nothing or "no problem", standard fare for today's young person without manners.

It's so abysmally intolerant to demand compliance in all thought. Irony.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ever since the left came out (about 5 years ago over the LGBT issue) and said they would protest/boycott Chick Fil-A
Is that like the right that lynched all those blacks across the South.

the one close to my house has been so crowded it's hard to find a parking spot and they have expanded the drive thru to 2 lanes. They have girls going to each car with a laptop to take your order and you pay for it with a credit card. When I brought my wife home from the hospital Tuesday she wanted some so we went thru the drive thru. Even though there was about 30 vehicles in the drive thru it only took about 5-7 minutes from start to receiving food, pretty good service I'd say.
Chick-fil-A is like that here but it has nothing to do with what occurred a few years back. It is because they have incredible service and good chicken.

Upvote 0

Junker P Hoodwink

Nov 26, 2018
TX
✟21,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is that like the right that lynched all those blacks across the South.

Chick-fil-A is like that here but it has nothing to do with what occurred a few years back. It is because they have incredible service and good chicken.

Why are you comparing Chick-Fil-A to anti-black racism?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why are you comparing Chick-Fil-A to anti-black racism?
I'm not. I'm making a point about "the left" or "the right". People on the right don't want to be compared to extremists on the right but too many fail to separate extremists on the left from the whole. Example: Antifa isn't " the left". It is a small number of people on the left and people need to separate extreme examples from either right or left.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I really like Chick-Fil-A. We only have one here but it seems to stay busy. I would frequent it much more, but it's not close to my house and is in an inconvenient location for me to justify going much for fast food.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This. Disagreement is NOT hate.

Anyone who has raised teens should know this well.

Isn't that the truth!

It's sad that to many people seem to feel if someone disagrees with me they must be evil. (eye rolls) Talk about a person has an inflated sense of self-importance. It boggles the mind.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Isn't that the truth!

It's sad that to many people seem to feel if someone disagrees with me they must be evil. (eye rolls) Talk about a person has an inflated sense of self-importance. It boggles the mind.
It's a way to sidestep engaging on the merits of the discussion, and merely delegitimize the position. It's an ad hominem attack on another. Not acceptable.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You might want to do some research.
I've done plenty of research and the left did not boycott Chick-fil-a. There was some LGBT activists which called a "Kiss-in" and boycotts back in 2012 which carried over into later years but the "Left" did not boycott the restaurant.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,560.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I've done plenty of research and the left did not boycott Chick-fil-a. There was some LGBT activists which called a "Kiss-in" and boycotts back in 2012 which carried over into later years but the "Left" did not boycott the restaurant.

The left sure is boycotting the restaurant. When they won't allow a restaurant in their town or at their college, that's a boycott. And the left is doing it.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The left sure is boycotting the restaurant. When they won't allow a restaurant in their town or at their college, that's a boycott. And the left is doing it.
Then you would agree that the right was fire bombing black's homes and churches. And the right sent pipe bombs to various Democrat's homes and CNN earlier this year.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Then you would agree that the right was fire bombing black's homes and churches. And the right sent pipe bombs to various Democrat's homes and CNN earlier this year.

One person sending pipe bombs is now compared to a boycott? It takes more than one person to actually be a boycott. Remember, this thread is about what a school has done. Not just one person.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
One person sending pipe bombs is now compared to a boycott? It takes more than one person to actually be a boycott. Remember, this thread is about what a school has done. Not just one person.
One person is no different than 10,000 people when it comes to defining the left or right. If you want to judge over a hundred million Democrats by a small percentile then the same must be done to the right as it pertains to the KKK, Neo-Nazis, etc...

Upvote 0