Scholars on BOTH sides agree - Saturday is the seventh day - the Sabbath of Exodus 20

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Since when is walking in the spirit fine with disobeying God ?

OH, nevermind.... I forgot there's more than one spirit...... sorry.....

No, silly, the Spirit is NOT going to disobey Himself. I see you haven't a clue what the New Covenant is about if you are going to come at me with that other spirit jargon.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Matt 5 Christ said not to invent false doctrine about him being at war with the Law of God.

Mark 2:28 Christ proclaimed Himself "LORD of the Sabbath" -- it is the Lord's day. He did not say "disregard the day that I am the LORD of". Isaiah 58:13 He said this "Sabbath - the Holy day of the LORD"

“If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath
and from doing as you please on my holy day,
if you call the Sabbath a delight
and the Lord’s holy day honorable,
and if you honor it by not going your own way
and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,

We find that it was "his custom" to attend the Synagogue on the Sabbath and lead out.

Luke 4:16
16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

His practice was to live in obedience to the Word of God
Paul had that same practice.

Some will complain that there is no text where Jesus specifically said "not to take God's name in vain" -- but we know from reading the bible "This IS the LOVE of God that we KEEP His Commandments" 1 John 5:2-3

-- updated the OP for those who would like a very nice video by some really neat people promoting an idea that is not in keeping with my OP.
Hello Bob.

You need the verses where the apostles tell the Gentiles, that they are under the law.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
My husband is the last man I kissed back in 2001 before he left me for his best friend's wife. I don't even date because he is not dead. So you'll have to ask somebody else.
I used that only as an example, how people can read and read and read, and even hear the Scripture, and then deny it and follow something else .... I never read your testimony if it was posted....

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I used that only as an example, how people can read and read and read, and even hear the Scripture, and then deny it and follow something else .... I never read your testimony if it was posted....

Jeff, the fruit of the Spirit does not provoke each other, so let's just say good night.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
So then, everything YHWH says to do, all those who follow Jesus will do , right?
If they are walking in the spirit.

I've got to go to bed, but I saw this one so will answer. Just click on this 1 John 1:7

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jeff, the fruit of the Spirit does not provoke each other, so let's just say good night.
YHWH says to test everything both the spirits and by His Word - if anything is not in line with His Word, do not believe it nor accept it.

"Feelings" don't count and are not reliable, and should never be trusted...

So if a "spirit" disagrees with God's Word, or denies Jesus is Messiah Who came in the flesh,
do not listen to it - it is an evil spirit.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
YHWH says to test everything both the spirits and by His Word - if anything is not in line with His Word, do not believe it nor accept it.

"Feelings" don't count and are not reliable, and should never be trusted...

So if a "spirit" disagrees with God's Word, or denies Jesus is Messiah Who came in the flesh,
do not listen to it - it is an evil spirit.

I added a bit at the end of my long post of scriptures that I think you may have missed. It is on the Spirit.

Now I am calling it a night.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Those who have to STRIVE to be all the above, don't have the law of the Spirit of life in Christ, they are still trying to keep the law of sin and death in THEIR OWN strength. Their carnal nature makes it hard.
So those who walk in the spirit properly following jesus obey all the above (and all other Scripture),
while those who "STRIVE" are carnal ?
I don't believe the carnal nature makes it hard to obey God, but IMPOSSIBLE. - the carnal nature cannot please God , nor can it obey His Word.

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello Bob.

You need the verses where the apostles tell the Gentiles, that they are under the law.

Totally false.

As I have pointed out many times so far (and we both know it) in Romans 3 - Paul uses the term "under the law" to mean "under the condemnation of the law" and in Romans 3 he applies it to the "whole world" and "everyone with a mouth" -- (unless you are now offering us the wild speculation that gentiles don't have mouths -- or that they are not in the world--- is this really where you are going?????)

19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

It is a sweeping statement about all mankind (not just Jews) - being "under the law" - which Paul clearly uses to mean "under the condemnation of the LAW as sinners".

And what Law is that? it is the one that defines what sin is - the one that includes the TEN Commandments.

A glaringly obvious bible detail so obvious - that even the majority of your own pro-sunday scholars admit to it.

When a Bible detail is so obvious that BOTH sides admit to it -- well... "it just does not GET any easier than this!!" -- just stating the obvious.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"the saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus" Rev 14:12
"what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19
"this IS the Love of God that we KEEP His Commandments" 1 John 5:2-3
"IF you Love Me KEEP My Commandments" John 14:15
"49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak." John 12:40

Hello Bob.
None of those quoted verses above mention the phrase, the ten commandments?

A distinction without a difference since even your own pro-Sunday scholars admit that they require the TEN Commandments just as we see in Eph 6:2.

God's TEN Commandments included in what the Bible calls the "Commandments of God"

=============================

KEEP the Commandments - God's Ten Commandments are included as the "Commandments of God"

10 Commandments are –
“Commandments of God” Neh 10:29
“Law of God” Neh 10:29
“Word of God” Mark 7:13
“Commandment of God” Mark 7:6-13
NT “Scripture” James 2:8
NT “Law” – James 2:9-11
NT Commandments Eph 6:2, Rom 13:9, Romans 7:7-10

1John 2:
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

John says -
Rev 22:
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.(KJV)

Christ said

Mark 7

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Exodus 20
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

John 14
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1 John 5
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Rev 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

1 Cor 7:19 .. "what matters is keeping the Commandments of God"

The wild (extremely off base) speculation that the Commandments of God do not include God's Ten Commandments -- is nonsense. And we both know it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Where is it written that our present and future sins are automatically forgiven? That would cover willful sins as well wouldn't it? If that is not what you mean, then yes.

BTW, you are still reading Romans 7 out of context. That was while under the law of sin and death, not for those in Jesus.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ, has FREED me of the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:8-9 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
Romans 7:21, 23 - Paul says evil is present in me, the one who wills to do good. He's not talking about the past when Saul persecuted Christians. He sees the law in his members, warring against the law of his mind. Then in verse 24 he asks, Who will deliver me from the body of death? And then in vs. 25 he distinguishes the duel nature that Christians have until they die. He says, "... with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin."
Rom 8:2 is absolutely true, we are freed from the law of sin and death. It is obvious that all our sins are forgiven, past, present and future. And The Bible tells us to confess our sins to one another.
Yes, we are not slaves to sin which results in death, but that doesn't mean we don't sin, backslide into our old ways.
Those who are living in the flesh cannot please God - meaning slaves to sin and practicing sin as their way of life.

God Forgives Our Sin
1 John 1:7-9 But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin. If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
Here, 'cleanses" means continuously and this refers to those living in the LIGHT. It says that if we say we do not sin we are not living in the truth THEREFORE, IF WE ARE LIVING IN THE TRUTH, WE STILL SIN.

Forgiving One Another’s Sins
Luke 17:3-4 So watch yourselves! “If another believer sins, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance, forgive. Even if that person wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, you must forgive.”

Here is plainly says "IF ANOTHER BELIEVER SINS, REBUKE THAT PERSON." And btw, the disciples asked how many times shall we forgive a brother who sins against us? He said 7x70. In other words, we do sin against each other.

As I said, if you can't get this, go take your own poll, ask mature Christians, Pastors or Priests if we still sin (outside the church that's been teaching you otherwise).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Romans 7:21, 23 - Paul says evil is present in me, the one who wills to do good. He's not talking about the past when Saul persecuted Christians. He sees the law in his members, warring against the law of his mind. Then in verse 24 he asks, Who will deliver me from the body of death? And then in vs. 25 he distinguishes the duel nature that Christians have until they die. He says, "... with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin."
Rom 8:2 is absolutely true, we are freed from the law of sin and death. It is obvious that all our sins are forgiven, past, present and future. And The Bible tells us to confess our sins to one another.
Yes, we are not slaves to sin which results in death, but that doesn't mean we don't sin, backslide into our old ways.
Those who are living in the flesh cannot please God - meaning slaves to sin and practicing sin as their way of life.
search for me.”

God Forgives Our Sin
1 John 1:7-9 But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin. If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
Here, 'cleanses" means continuously and this refers to those living in the LIGHT. It says that if we say we do not sin we are not living in the truth THEREFORE, IF WE ARE LIVING IN THE TRUTH, WE STILL SIN.

Forgiving One Another’s Sins
Luke 17:3-4 So watch yourselves! “If another believer sins, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance, forgive. Even if that person wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, you must forgive.”

Here is plainly says "IF ANOTHER BELIEVER SINS, REBUKE THAT PERSON." And btw, the disciples asked how many times shall we forgive a brother who sins against us? He said 7x70. In other words, we do sin against each other.

As I said, if you can't get this, go take your own pole, ask mature Christians or pastors if we still sin (outside the church that's been teaching you otherwise).

Deuteronomy 30:6-7 New King James Version (NKJV)

6 And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.

Matthew 22:37-38 New King James Version (NKJV)

37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

2 Corinthians 13:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.

Ephesians 3New King James Version (NKJV)

14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Hebrews 8:7-11New King James Version (NKJV)

Laws of God Written on Our Hearts

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Romans 7:5-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Law of Sin and Death

5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. 6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” 8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire.

Romans 6:1-4 New King James Version (NKJV)

Now We Are Dead to Sin

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 8:1-9 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Law of the Spirit

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

John 20:28-30 New King James Version (NKJV)

28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

1 John 3:18-23 New King James Version (NKJV)

Commandments of the New Covenant

18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. 20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Let’s talk about the laws on your heart. Who put them there? The Spirit, that's who. Those are the laws of the Spirit of life in Christ, to love God with all your heart, mind and strength and your neighbor as yourself. They are NOT the Old Covenant laws of sin and death.

But why do they seem the same? Thou shalt not kill? Love prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not steal? Self-control prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not commit adultery? Faithfulness prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not covet? Peace and contentment prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not lie? Kindness prevents that in your new nature. Honor your parents? Longsuffering and gentleness takes care of them for as long as they live. Believing in the name of Jesus Christ? Joy unspeakable!

Whatever you wouldn't want done to yourself, you do to others.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Those who have to STRIVE to be all the above, don't have the law of the Spirit of life in Christ, they are still trying to keep the law of sin and death in THEIR OWN strength. Their carnal nature makes it hard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Exactly!

And .. also .. obvious.
Exactliy ! :)

But when the veil has not been removed, the obvious is not even recognized nor admitted.

They don't even know they have a veil !?

So we pray, as words do nothing... no amount of effort in the natural man will ever remove the veil. Only YHWH is able to do that.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Exactliy ! :)

But when the veil has not been removed, the obvious is not even recognized nor admitted.

They don't even know they have a veil !?

So we pray, as words do nothing... no amount of effort in the natural man will ever remove the veil. Only YHWH is able to do that.

Oh my! Jeff, those who preach the law are the ones who don't even know they have a veil! You have no idea that the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has set us free from the law of sin and death. We are dead to sin, and not in the flesh if the Holy Spirit is in us. This is what you should be concentrating on, producing more of the fruit of the Spirit. Why?

Thou shalt not kill? Love prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not steal? Self-control prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not commit adultery? Faithfulness prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not covet? Peace and contentment prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not lie? Kindness prevents that in your new nature. Honor your parents? Longsuffering and gentleness takes care of them for as long as they live. Believing in the name of Jesus Christ? Joy unspeakable!

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Deuteronomy 30:6-7 New King James Version (NKJV)

6 And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.

Matthew 22:37-38 New King James Version (NKJV)

37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

2 Corinthians 13:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.

Ephesians 3New King James Version (NKJV)

14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Hebrews 8:7-11New King James Version (NKJV)

Laws of God Written on Our Hearts

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Romans 7:5-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Law of Sin and Death

5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. 6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” 8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire.

Romans 6:1-4 New King James Version (NKJV)

Now We Are Dead to Sin

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 8:1-9 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Law of the Spirit

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

John 20:28-30 New King James Version (NKJV)

28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

1 John 3:18-23 New King James Version (NKJV)

Commandments of the New Covenant

18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. 20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Let’s talk about the laws on your heart. Who put them there? The Spirit, that's who. Those are the laws of the Spirit of life in Christ, to love God with all your heart, mind and strength and your neighbor as yourself. They are NOT the Old Covenant laws of sin and death.

But why do they seem the same? Thou shalt not kill? Love prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not steal? Self-control prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not commit adultery? Faithfulness prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not covet? Peace and contentment prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not lie? Kindness prevents that in your new nature. Honor your parents? Longsuffering and gentleness takes care of them for as long as they live. Believing in the name of Jesus Christ? Joy unspeakable!

Whatever you wouldn't want done to yourself, you do to others.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Listen Sister, I agree with all the scriptures in the entire Bible. Interpretation and understanding varies among believers. You may read a scripture for ten years and not really get it, then one day after God has put you through some life experiences, it suddenly has new meaning and depth. It takes a lifetime to get Christian theology. This point was made by Billy Graham.
That said, Christians get divorced and sometimes because of adultery. So what, if one commits adultery, they must not be a Christian. Jesus says, if you even think of adultery, you're guilty of it. What about lies? If you lie to someone, does that disqualify you from being a Christian? Do you love your enemies ... as yourself? Really, because if you don't, what you are claiming is that you are not a Christian, born again and baptized by the Holy Spirit.
You loved God with ALL your heart, your mind, your soul and your strength since the day you were born again? You are lying to yourself, because no one has. We try, but the flesh gets in the way.
You must have made selfish choices at times rather than loving your neighbor equally. We all do. You are not perfect. The spirit part of you is cleansed, but you still have the flesh unless you can't see yourself in the mirror? And maybe your should try to look in the mirror because one of the aspects of Spiritual Maturity is being honest and willing to look in the mirror at our sins. We live in a sinful world. You mean to tell me that Christianity has a spotless history? Or maybe just the people who thought they were Christians did all the bad stuff?
If we did, others would not hold our tarnished past sins against us. They would just look at us and see Christ. Are you a pure reflection of Jesus? You deceive yourself.
Wow, I guess it will take time for you to understand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Listen Sister, I agree with all the scriptures in the entire Bible. Interpretation and understanding varies among believers. You may read a scripture for ten years and not really get it, then one day after God has put you through some life experiences, it suddenly has new meaning and depth. It take a lifetime to get Christianity.
That said, Christians get divorced and sometimes because of adultery. So what, if one commits adultery, they must not be a Christian. What about lies? If you lie to someone, does that disqualify you from being a Christian? Do you love your enemies? Really, because if you don't, what you are saying is that you are not a Christian, born again, baptized the Holy Spirit.
You loved God with all your heart, your mind, your soul and your strength since the day you were born again? You are lying to yourself, because no one has. We try, but the flesh gets in the way.
You have made selfish choices at times rather than loving your neighbor equally. We all do. You are not perfect. Your spirit part of you is cleansed, but you still have the flesh. We live in a sinful world. You mean to tell me that Christianity has a spotless history?
If we did, others would not hold are tarnished past sins against us. They would just look at us and see Christ. Are you a pure reflection of Jesus? You deceive yourself.
Wow, I guess it will take time for you to understand.

I can't live my life by YOUR experience. I found the word of God to be true, because I've experienced the truth of it, and DO love him with all my heart. He said in John 15:7 and in 1 John 3 that if we abide in Him and do the commandments of Jesus, our prayers will be granted. That is true, 100% of the time. But before I was filled with the Spirit not one of my prayers was answered - for 30 years. I'm now 70 and for 40 years, God has answered my prayers. Why wouldn't I love Him so much???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can't live my life by YOUR experience. I found the word of God to be true, because I've experience the truth of it, and DO love him with all my heart. He said in John 15:7 and in 1 John 3 that if we abide in Him and do the commandments of Jesus, our prayers will be granted. That is true, 100% of the time. But before I was filled with the Spirit not one of my prayers was answered - for 30 years. I'm now 70 and for 40 years, God has answered my prayers. Why wouldn't I love Him so much???
All true Christians love our Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. We are ALL thankful but 100% or our lives? I doubt it. God has answered my prayers too and millions of other Christians. That is not because you've somehow earned it, merited it, because you live a perfect sinless life.
But because you are a sinner, God has already forgiven you of this premature false state of perfection you think you are in. What will happen when you get up there is a deliverance from your flesh and then you will experience pure thoughts like never before. You do not have pure thoughts as evidenced in your previous attack on me. Loving your neighbor ... sure you have ... but 100%?

Upvote 0