Scholars on BOTH sides agree - Saturday is the seventh day - the Sabbath of Exodus 20

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Don't play dumb and say I'm not making sense. Where was Moses when he received the Mosaic law.

I don't know how many other ways to ask the same question.

I can't go to bed until you answer, so stop wasting so much time. If you don't know, just say so, and we will stop.

Already answered you. By MOSAIC law I am assuming you are talking about the MOSCAIC book of the law for remission of sins (previous page).

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, they are relevant. You claim the Sabbath couldn't be a foreshadow of God's grace because sin hadn't happened yet. Well, then why does scripture say Jesus was slain BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD. That was before sin, also.

You simply ignored the questions to you. Your claim was that the Sabbath is a shadow of God's grace and salvation right? (as posted earlier) I asked you some questions that you simply chose to ignore and post some irrelavant scripture that did not answer any of the questions to you.

Here is the question again if you would like to answer it...

How can the Sabbath point to God's Grace (salvation) if the Sabbath is part of the finished work of creation BEFORE sin entered the world?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Galatians 4:
21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, 24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar— 25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children— 26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written:

“Rejoice, O barren,
You who do not bear!
Break forth and shout,
You who are not in labor!
For the desolate has many more children
Than she who has a husband.”

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.” 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Saturday is the day you do Sacrifice to Saturn as pagan worshipper.
7th Day of week Is Sabbath
God made Sun and Moon for telling seasons and time . If you want to know what day is it then watch moon.

If you don't see the difference you have been succesfully indoctrinated .

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You simply ignored the questions to you. Your claim was that the Sabbath is a shadow of God's grace and salvation right? (as posted earlier) I asked you some questions that you simply chose to ignore and post some irrelavant scripture that did not answer any of the questions to you.

Here is the question again if you would like to answer it...

How can the Sabbath point to God's Grace (salvation) if the Sabbath is part of the finished work of creation BEFORE sin entered the world?

The Sabbath was a foreshadow, and the substance is of Christ.

Christ > Grace > Salvation.

Good night.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 4:
21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, 24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar— 25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children— 26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written:

“Rejoice, O barren,
You who do not bear!
Break forth and shout,
You who are not in labor!
For the desolate has many more children
Than she who has a husband.”

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.” 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

What do the above scriptures mean to you?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Sabbath was a foreshadow, and the substance is of Christ.

Christ > Grace > Salvation.

Good night.

Hmm you did not answer the question again did you? Where are your scriptures? Ok nice talking to you. Maybe you can pray about it at home and we can talk more latter.

God bless you as you seek him through his word.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Colosians 2

16 Therefore do not let anyone condemn you in matters of food and drink or of observing festivals, new moons, or sabbaths. 17 These are only a shadow of what is to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.

Christ is the
substance of the Sabbath. He is our rest.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Colosians 2

16 Therefore do not let anyone condemn you in matters of food and drink or of observing festivals, new moons, or sabbaths. 17 These are only a shadow of what is to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.

Christ is the
substance of the Sabbath. He is our rest.

Not really. There is no scripture that says Jesus is a Sabbath. Only that the Sabbath is a day that God made for mankind and God commands us to keep it as a HOLY DAY (4th Commandment) and Jesus is the LORD of it (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Matthew 12:8 and Mark 2:27-28).

COL 2 is talking about the MOSAIC SHADOW laws for remission of sin not God's 10 commandments. To say otherwise is to ignore God's WORD.

SCRIPTURE SUPPORT HERE CLICK ME.

No one enters God's Sabbath rest without entering the Gospel rest.

SIN is breaking any of God's 10 Commandments (Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20; James 2:11; 1 John 3:4) Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT ENTER the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

In times of ignorance God winks at but when as knowledge of the truth has come God calls on all men everywhere to repent and believe his Word (Acts 17:30-31)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You can explain it away for yourself, but Paul's words aren't ambiguous.

I prefer to BELIEVE and follow God's WORD. I have only shared God's WORD with you. You have not provided any scripture to support your belief.

Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

What you do is between you and God as all of us are only held accountable to God come judgement day. It is the WORD of God that will be our judge (John 12:47-48).

Your salvation is between you and God alone.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

In times of ignorance God winks at but when as knowledge of the truth has come God calls on all men everywhere to repent and believe his Word (Acts 17:30-31)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Not really. There is no scripture that says Jesus is a Sabbath. Only that the Sabbath is a day that God made for mankind and God commands us to keep it as a HOLY DAY (4th Commandment) and Jesus is the LORD of it (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Matthew 12:8 and Mark 2:27-28).

COL 2 is talking about the MOSAIC SHADOW laws for remission of sin not God's 10 commandments. To say otherwise is to ignore God's WORD.

No one enters God's Sabbath rest without entering the Gospel rest.

SIN is breaking any of God's 10 Commandments (Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20; James 2:11; 1 John 3:4) Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT ENTER the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now

Hope this helps.

You say Jesus is not a Sabbath. So what is a Sabbath to you? Just a Commandment? Is it God's Rest?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I prefer to BELIEVE and follow God's WORD. I have only shared God's WORD with you. You have not provided any scripture to support your belief.

Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

What you do is between you and God as all of us are only held accountable to God come judgement day. It is the WORD of God that will be our judge (John 12:47-48).

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now

Hope this helps.

Yes he did provide Scripture. He provided Colossians 2 which you misinterpret to only Mosaic. No! It is the First Covenant which is the Ten Commandments and the Mosaic law.

COVENANT! COVENANT! COVENANT!

When Jesus said, "It is finished," that was the end of the Old Covenant. Pentecost was like the reading of His Will. Instead of laws of sin and death, we keep God's Eternal Royal Law through the Spirit. What the Old covenant laws could not do because of sin, Jesus did by taking away our sin, which was the reason for the laws in the first place. So we keep God's eternal laws of love, through love, not the letter. Keeping the Sabbath was only part of the Old Covenant. It wasn't given to us.

We are to keep the NC commandments of Jesus with the same fervency as He kept His Father's OC commandments. John 15:10

10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

You quote John a lot, but put your own interpretation on what he means, instead of letting John dictate to you what are the commandments he is referring to. These are the commandments that John refers to when he mentions "commandments." 1 John 3:23

23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

John doesn't mention old covenant commandments devoid of the Spirit. He only speaks of those we keep in the Spirit.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
What do the above scriptures mean to you?

More importantly, what do they mean to you! They are talking about the 2 covenants. The one given on Mt. Sinai is likened to Ishmael, and is to be cast out. We are under the other covenant, the one of promise.

You are still under Ishmael, and merely give Jesus a nod here and there, but He isn't the focus of your religion. The Sabbath is. You don't even preach to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. It is not automatic. I didn't know anything about it until after I left SDA. There is a whole world of knowledge you don't understand.

There is nothing wrong in studying the law, but Jesus didn't just take your punishment, He took away your sin. You are a new creature in Christ and are no longer in the flesh, but in the Spirit, IF INDEED YOU HAVE THE SPIRIT OF GOD IN YOU. If you don't, you can keep all the commandments perfectly and it won't save you.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Eloy Craft
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Here is Galatians 4:21-31 out of the Living Bible. It is a paraphrase but best says what I mean.

21 Listen to me, you friends who think you have to obey the Jewish laws to be saved: Why don’t you find out what those laws really mean? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one from his slave-wife and one from his freeborn wife. 23 There was nothing unusual about the birth of the slave-wife’s baby. But the baby of the freeborn wife was born only after God had especially promised he would come.

24-25 Now this true story is an illustration of God’s two ways of helping people. One way was by giving them his laws to obey. He did this on Mount Sinai, when he gave the Ten Commandments to Moses. Mount Sinai, by the way, is called “Mount Hagar” by the Arabs—and in my illustration, Abraham’s slave-wife Hagar represents Jerusalem, the mother-city of the Jews, the center of that system of trying to please God by trying to obey the Commandments; and the Jews, who try to follow that system, are her slave children. 26 But our mother-city is the heavenly Jerusalem, and she is not a slave to Jewish laws.

27 That is what Isaiah meant when he prophesied, “Now you can rejoice, O childless woman; you can shout with joy though you never before had a child. For I am going to give you many children—more children than the slave-wife has.”

28 You and I, dear brothers, are the children that God promised, just as Isaac was. 29 And so we who are born of the Holy Spirit are persecuted now by those who want us to keep the Jewish laws, just as Isaac, the child of promise, was persecuted by Ishmael, the slave-wife’s son.

30 But the Scriptures say that God told Abraham to send away the slave-wife and her son, for the slave-wife’s son could not inherit Abraham’s home and lands along with the free woman’s son. 31 Dear brothers, we are not slave children, obligated to the Jewish laws, but children of the free woman, acceptable to God because of our faith.

• Agree
Reactions: Eloy Craft
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hope this helps.
Helps what?
You insist that if I don't agree with what you believe God's Word means to You I don't believe God's Word.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes he did provide Scripture. He provided Colossians 2 which you misinterpret to only Mosaic. No! It is the First Covenant which is the Ten Commandments and the Mosaic law.

Your claim is that I misinterpret COL 2 but when you are provided scripture to it's interpretation linking both the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures together showing the meaning of COL 2, you cannot respond or answer the scriptures that disagree with your teaching neither can you provide a single scripture to refute the scriptures provided to you.

Instead your response is "You have misinterpreted scripture" because you say so.

Sorry my dear friend. If you believe I have misinterpreted scripture then prove your claim with God's WORD.

COL 2; 6 PART SHADOW LAWS SCRIPTURE SUPPORT HERE CLICK ME.

If you cannot prove your claim then I suggest you pray about it because if you cannot prove your claims from the scriptures then God's WORD will be your judge come judgment day because it is written..

JOHN 12:47-48 [47], And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. [48], He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
More importantly, what do they mean to you! They are talking about the 2 covenants. The one given on Mt. Sinai is likened to Ishmael, and is to be cast out. We are under the other covenant, the one of promise.

You are still under Ishmael, and merely give Jesus a nod here and there, but He isn't the focus of your religion. The Sabbath is. You don't even preach to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. It is not automatic. I didn't know anything about it until after I left SDA. There is a whole world of knowledge you don't understand.

There is nothing wrong in studying the law, but Jesus didn't just take your punishment, He took away your sin. You are a new creature in Christ and are no longer in the flesh, but in the Spirit, IF INDEED YOU HAVE THE SPIRIT OF GOD IN YOU. If you don't, you can keep all the commandments perfectly and it won't save you.

Now 1stcenturylady, your only making stuff up now because you have no scripture to support your teachings have you? This is sad for you. Let's have a look at what God's WORD says?

GALATIANS 4 [21] Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? [22] For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. [23] But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. [24] Which things are an allegory: for these are the TWO COVENANTS; THE ONE FROM THE MOUNT SINAI, WHICH GENDERETH TO BONDAGE, WHICH IS AGAR. [25] For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. [26] But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.......... [30] Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Is the above scripture speaking of the 10 commandments as the many claim or is it simply speaking of circumcision and the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT?

EXODUS 34 [28] And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the COVENANT, the TEN COMMANDMENTS.

ACTS 7 [8] And he gave him the COVENANT OF CIRCUMCISION: and so Abraham begat Isaac, and circumcised him the eighth day; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat the twelve patriarchs.

BOTH the 10 commandments and circumcision through the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT were given as “covenants” in the OLD Testament

EXODUS 24 [12] And the Lord said unto Moses, COME UP TO ME INTO THE MOUNT, and be there: and I WILL GIVE THEE tables of stone, AND A LAW, AND COMMANDMENTS which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

LEVITICUS 7 [37] THIS IS THE LAW OF THE BURNT OFFERING, of the meat offering, and of the sin offering, and of the trespass offering, and of the consecrations, and of the sacrifice of the peace offerings; [38] WHICH THE LORD COMMANDED MOSES IN MOUNT SINAI, in the day that he commanded the children of Israel to offer their oblations unto the Lord, in the wilderness of Sinai.

Both covenants, the 10 commandments and the laws of Moses for remission of sin were given at Mt Sinai.

JOHN 7 [21] Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.[22] MOSES THEREFORE GAVE UNTO YOU CIRCUMCISION; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man. [23] If a man on the sabbath day RECEIVE CIRCUMCISION, THAT THE LAW OF MOSES SHOULD NOT BE BROKEN; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

Circumcision is of the law of Moses and given at Sinai. So which of these, the 10 commandments or circumcision and the MOSAIC laws for remission of sin does the scriptures say bring us into “bondage” {Gal.4:24}?

And the winner is....

GALATIANS 5 [1] Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and BE NOT ENTANGLED AGAIN WITH THE YOKE OF BONDAGE. [2] Behold, I Paul say unto you, that IF YE BE CIRCUMCISED, CHRIST SHALL PROFIT YOU NOTHING.

And again...

GALATIANS 2 [3] But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was COMPELLED TO BE CIRCUMCISED: [4]And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might BRING US INTO BONDAGE.

It is the MOSAIC SHADOW laws for remission of SIN and circumcision that pointed to Jesus and the NEW COVENANT Promise of a NEW HEART (Hebrews 8:10-12) through walking by faith in God's SPIRIT that is done away, not God's LAW (10 Commandments) which is the ETERNAL LAW of God that give us the KNOWLEDGE of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS (Good and Evil).

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
COVENANT! COVENANT! COVENANT! When Jesus said, "It is finished," that was the end of the Old Covenant. Pentecost was like the reading of His Will. Instead of laws of sin and death, we keep God's Eternal Royal Law through the Spirit. What the Old covenant laws could not do because of sin, Jesus did by taking away our sin, which was the reason for the laws in the first place. So we keep God's eternal laws of love, through love, not the letter. Keeping the Sabbath was only part of the Old Covenant. It wasn't given to us.

You really have not read any posts to you or the scriptures in them have you? How can we have a conversation if you ignore my post and God's WORD and try to say things I have never said to you?

NOW 1stcenturylady, I am going to pull you up here and ask you some serious questions and challenge you with scripture.

How can you keep God's ROYAL LAW of LOVE without keeping God's 10 commandments?

If you read and BELIEVE God's WORD you cannot LOVE God or your neighbor while breaking ANY of God's 10 Commandments. This also includes God's 4th Commandment which is one of the 10 commandment that define what SIN is.

Let's look at the scriptures. How do you reconcile the following scriptures...

MATTHEW 22:36-40
[36], Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37], Jesus said to him, You shall LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
[38], This is the first and great commandment.
[39], And the second is like to it, YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF
[40], ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS [of LOVE; Royal law ] HANG ALL THE LAW and the prophets.

Paul agrees with Jesus here...

ROMANS 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, BUT TO LOVE ANOTHER: for HE THAT LOVES ANOTHER HAS FULFILLED THE LAW. [9], FOR THIS, YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT KILL, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, YOU SHALL NOT COVET; and if there be ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT, it is briefly summed up as YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF. LOVE WORKS NO ILL TO HIS NEIGHBOR; THEREFORE LOVE IS THE FULFILLING [doing] OF THE LAW.

James agrees with Jesus and Paul...

JAMES 2:8-12 [8], If you fulfill the ROYAL LAW according to the scripture, YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIBOR AS YOURSELF YOU DO WELL: [9], BUT IF YOU HAVE RESPECT FOR PERSONS YOU COMMIT SIN, AND ARE CONVICTED OF THE LAW AS TRANSGRESSORS. [10], FOR WHOSEVER SHALL KEEP THE WHOLE LAW AND YET OFFEND IN ONE POINT, HE IS GUILTY OF ALL. [11], For he that said, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, said also, DO NOT KILL. NOW IF YOU COMMIT NO ADULTERY, YET IF YOU KILL, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF THE LAW. [12], So speak you, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

As you can see Jesus, Paul and James are all in agreement that SIN is breaking any of God's 10 Commandments and that if you LOVE GOD and YOU NEIGHBOR according to the ROYAL LAW OF LOVE then you will be OBEDIENT to God's LAW

If you are not keeping God's Commandments you are sinning against God because "SIN" is the breaking of God's Commandments and it is God's LAW that give us a KNOWLEDGE of what "SIN" is (Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20; James 2:11; 1 John 3:4). No one is telling you to keep the letter of the LAW. Perhaps it is a good time to read the posts and scriptures sent to help you. :)

We are to keep the NC commandments of Jesus with the same fervency as He kept His Father's OC commandments. John 15:10 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

If your trying to say in this section that God does not expect anyone to OBEY the 10 Commandments by FAITH that works by LOVE then I think this is pretty well addressed with the scriptures in the previous section. If you still disagree please reconcile the following scriptures..

It is clear that God's WORD disagrees with you. I suggest you re-read the scriptures or pray about these posts sent only as a help for you.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You say Jesus is not a Sabbath. So what is a Sabbath to you? Just a Commandment? Is it God's Rest?

Indeed, where is does it say in the bible that Jesus is the Sabbath. There is no scripture that says this. Yet we read all through God's WORD that the Sabbath is the 4th commandment of God's 10 Commandments and that it is the 7th Day of the creation week that God commands us to remember and Jesus is the Lord of it. Here let's look at what God's WORD says...

GENESIS 2:1-3 [1],Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
[2], And on the SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED [H7676 = KEEP SABBATH] on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made. [3], And God blessed the SEVENTH DAY, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

EXODUS 20:8-11 [8], Remember the SABBATH DAY, to keep it holy. [9], Six days shall you labor, and do all your work: [10], BUT THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD your God: in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates: [11], [WHY?] For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: why the LORD blessed the SEVENTH DAY, and made it holy.

MARK 2:27-28 [27], And he said to them, THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN, and not man for the sabbath: [28], THEREFORE THE SON OF MAN IS LORD OF THE SABBATH.

MATTHEW 12:8 [8], FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY.

Yep it's very clear looking at the scriptures that the SABBATH IS THE SEVENTH DAY of the week and the 4th Commandment of the 10 Commandments and it is the LORD'S DAY.

Hope this helps...

Upvote 0