Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hello All

So I am looking for your view on these verses ONLY. Not all of Daniel 11. please just stick to these verses.

In My mind it must be more than one person or one King of the North but covers a whole change in the Religion of the King of The North.

[36]"And the king shall do according to his will; he shall exalt himself and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak astonishing things against the God of gods. He shall prosper till the indignation is accomplished; for what is determined shall be done. [37] He shall give no heed to the gods of his fathers, or to the one beloved by women; he shall not give heed to any other god, for he shall magnify himself above all.

So First he makes himself More than the God's
He Gives no heed to the God of his Father's
He Gives no Heed to the God loved by Women
Then Saying he himself is a God above all God's.

Then all of the Sudden he is no longer a God and he Worships the God oF Forces/Fortresses.

[38] He shall honor the god of fortresses instead of these; a god whom his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and costly gifts.

He then attacks a great city with the help of a foreign God.

[39] He shall deal with the strongest fortresses by the help of a foreign god; those who acknowledge him he shall magnify with honor. He shall make them rulers over many and shall divide the land for a price.

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Non .......way to long of a handle lol

I agree So this is about the Kings of the North so we know who the Gods of his Father's ie:Zeus Apollo Jupiter etc.. we know who the Gods beloved by Woman are Diana, Issis, Ishtar. Who is this Foreign God to him?

So what rulers of this Territory first Declared themselves as God's maybe even built a Temple to worship themselves in Asia Minor and then Shifted to a Different God their Fathers had never heard of? A Shift in belief that would also happen In Asia Minor.?????????

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hes the same king and no,hes not completely psycho. He has narcissistic personality disorder(God complex).Hes believes he is superior to all others.

Hes adores or worships his power and military strength .His big button you could say.

I believe scripture points to a union with another king whom his predecesors were not allied.Im still not sure who this is.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello All

So I am looking for your view on these verses ONLY. Not all of Daniel 11. please just stick to these verses.

In My mind it must be more than one person or one King of the North but covers a whole change in the Religion of the King of The North.

[36]"And the king shall do according to his will; he shall exalt himself and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak astonishing things against the God of gods. He shall prosper till the indignation is accomplished; for what is determined shall be done. [37] He shall give no heed to the gods of his fathers, or to the one beloved by women; he shall not give heed to any other god, for he shall magnify himself above all.

So First he makes himself More than the God's
He Gives no heed to the God of his Father's
He Gives no Heed to the God loved by Women
Then Saying he himself is a God above all God's.

Then all of the Sudden he is no longer a God and he Worships the God oF Forces/Fortresses.

[38] He shall honor the god of fortresses instead of these; a god whom his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and costly gifts.

He then attacks a great city with the help of a foreign God.

[39] He shall deal with the strongest fortresses by the help of a foreign god; those who acknowledge him he shall magnify with honor. He shall make them rulers over many and shall divide the land for a price.
JTF, I have been saying to you all along, but you may not have caught on to the nuance of when I said "God-hood" in my commentary on 2Thessalonians2:4 when the person goes into the temple sits. It is essentially because he thinks he has achieved God-hood. That is, moved from being just a human, but to being a god, and specifically God. The person, somewhere along the line, gets convinced by Satan, that he made the transition.

This critical concept is confirmed in Ezekiel 28: 2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Doug

Oh I caught what you are saying. I know that Theory very well I use to believe it was true.

I do not think you are getting what I am saying. This is not one man this is the change in Rome from Emperor Worship to the worship of a foreign God well Foreign God to them.

First they exalt themselves above all demand that they be worshiped. Then later, One specific Emperor Changes to a New Religion a religion his father's (IE Emperor I am God Father's) did not know. He somehow enlists this God in a Battle to take on the greatest of cities.

All who acknowledge him he will make heads of Society and he will give away great amounts of land to this group that acknowledges him.

Upvote 0