• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Schizophrenia, in principle, is an extension of your personality. It can be trained.

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So just a little insight I have managed to get, after all my years (17 years) of schizophrenia: Schizophrenia is in principle, an extension of our personality. It can be trained, and it can be mastered. By trained, I mean we can practice meditation to the point that our cortisol output is very low, and does not cause us anxiety. By mastered, I mean we can develop steps of self-control psychologically and otherwise, that help us interact with the world and ourselves, on the basis of our schizophrenia (or in principle, other mental health condition).

The average meditation length I am able to sustain on medication, is about 40 minutes. This includes build up, focus, balance and retention. I couldn't have coped with my mental health condition for even a month, if I did not at some point, do some meditation. The point is, that it is something that has give and take and can show us a side of ourselves, we did not know we had.

Perhaps in time, I will be able to add to this; suffice it to say "I wish I was more of a master of my mental health condition, that I have been up to now (and if I have to train harder: I will!)

For all of you struggling to see how your mental health condition is connected with your personality - consider beginning to meditate on specifically about your personality changed, when you started to accept that you had that condition (and for how long you had accepted it - to establish whether you started to become biased, to some extent, if you did).

I love that I get to share a mental health condition with you guys - I hope things improve for almost all of us (the Devil has to wait, because he doubts even he can recover!).

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
What type of meditation would help your personality?

I think just being at peace with your personality would be enough.

If you wanted a difficult meditation: you could try visualizing dying, with your personality as it was now.

Meditation is more beneficial when you do it regularly (once you do that, it is easier to tell what sort of meditation you should do).

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What type of meditation would help your personality?

Many years ago, I read about the B vitamins, then went and bought some economically, and took one every morning and one every night, to prevent those deficiency problems that occur when the B vitamins are washed out of the body by coffee or water or soda (I drank maybe 2 pots of coffee a day for a time). The results took time (two months for some, two years for others) , and were amazing! remarkable! and some were unexpected. The quickest result, related to the others , was JOY!

Upvote 0