• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Schizophrenia and Permiable Bowel Symdrom (Leaky Gut)

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone one here who also suffers from life long digestive issues that worsened as you aged? I asking because I did and discovering I had Permeable Bowl Syndrome and why (undiagnosed gluten intolerance) I was able to correct this situation and become healthy again.

Please note, Schizophrenia, (Bipolar, anxiety and depression) are all conditions that form late in this illness. Lactose intolerance comes really early another clue this could be the cause but that's not likely unless IBS has gotten far worse.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
No. I've been schizophrenic since as far back as I can remember. What happened to me was in my mid 20s I found out I had bipolar disorder as well because I had my first manic episode then.

But strangely enough I've had issues with my bowels from as far back as I can remember too. I've been mostly backed up since I was a baby and doctors don't really know why. I was on laxatives for years and then they told me to stop taking them.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. I've been schizophrenic since as far back as I can remember. What happened to me was in my mid 20s I found out I had bipolar disorder as well because I had my first manic episode then.

But strangely enough I've had issues with my bowels from as far back as I can remember too. I've been mostly backed up since I was a baby and doctors don't really know why. I was on laxatives for years and then they told me to stop taking them.

JS: yes I agree but those bowel problems might have a intolerance or allergic source even so. A blood test would show this. Still I doubt in your case it would cure your condition as it did mine.

Still, I also had a hard bowel and found the grain free diet stopped it. Its got fiber, vegetable and fruit skin fibers, but these do not harden the bowel. If you very your vegetables and fruits and nuts and roots as you add these back, you will be getting a excellent and nutritious diet.

This way you only be suffering from one condition, not two. hope this advice helps.

Upvote 0