• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Schizophrenia and Marriage relationships?

rtodd5011

Member since 2012
May 5, 2012
Arkansas
Visit site
✟24,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have not posted here in awhile. I have posted on and off since 2012 with my struggles with schizophrenia. I have undergone 2 divorces. ultimately I ended up not trusting my wives and thought they were messing around with other men behind my back. I don't know if it was true or not. I do not have any solid proof of this happening just a gut feeling...

After attempting to leave both marriages ultimately both women got tried of coming to get me and both marriage relationships dissolved with no kind of relationships between both wives. I was wondering if others here have problems with trusting other partners and relationships? Or is it just me???

I have now been currently divorced for over a year and doing very well living alone. In the past, I had trouble isolating and hearing voices but no voices so far. I think also that my relationship is right with GOD, and that makes a big difference. If (and thats a BIG "IF") i get married again, I will NOT marry a rebellious natured person and one who is sold out to GOD.

I am 56 years old and content with not getting married again. I do not want to get into a relationship with old baggage. I will probably just stay to myself, and continue to be proactive against this horrible illness which seems to get better as I get older. Go figure on that. I heard it gets worse through the years. I am not as paranoid and the voices do not torment me like that once did.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Unqualified

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
ultimately I ended up not trusting my wives and thought they were messing around with other men behind my back. I don't know if it was true or not. I do not have any solid proof of this happening just a gut feeling...

Yep. Schizophrenia is great isn't it?! I have it too but i'm on good meds now so it's like i don't have it anymore. but yeah.

Upvote 0

rtodd5011

Member since 2012
May 5, 2012
Arkansas
Visit site
✟24,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yep. Schizophrenia is great isn't it?! I have it too but i'm on good meds now so it's like i don't have it anymore. but yeah.
Schizophrenia is Not really great, im just glad im better. im on meds. I just feel like it was a soul condition for me. I think I have finally got my heart straight with GOD, and that has helped more than any medicine could. If any of you need a friend or support I am in a good place to help others who struggle with this.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m married with it. I keep my mouth shut about some stuff. I voiced it then after 15 years I trust her. But I do have trust issues. Can’t really be myself till I trust you. It’s a growing thing.
Only have one friend and my wife. Her kids are even far away.
Life and people are so weird. I am done with everybody at church and they are still talking intimacy. It totally escapes me. Not one person ever said they like me. I have liked them but they don’t understand.

Patient endurance is my life now. I’ve grown tremendously but I just don’t get it. Silver backs, Indians, pecking order, I have no trouble with love- but their idea of it..... maybe I do, that may be my whole trouble. I just can’t trust them. Thanks for the rant!

• Agree
Reactions: rtodd5011
Upvote 0

rtodd5011

Member since 2012
May 5, 2012
Arkansas
Visit site
✟24,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good for you staying married. MY paranoia got the best of me I guess. What's done is done, I am not going back. I know what you mean by church people...I have always been in charismatic churches, but have had fragmented relationships with others in the body of Christ and have cut ties with many so called Christians through out the years. With two divorces on my hands its going to be tough. i am going to join this church i have been attending this year next year. IF it doesn't work out I will seriously consider changing denominations. I love going to church but the members have sin too and are not perfect. I have had to learn that the hard way and lost many Christian friends. I would think that I have come alone way in my recovery that I can stick with being a part of the body of Christ since im planning on going to heaven when I die.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All churches are about the same. Everybody has sin. It just depends on which ones you want to tolerate. If you are loved if they forgive and you can forgive them. It’s not all fun and games. If you have to join watch out. I belong to a church that teaches bible. I go and participate. I love them they just don’t understand me. And I like my wife too, ha.

• Optimistic
Reactions: rtodd5011
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have not posted here in awhile. I have posted on and off since 2012 with my struggles with schizophrenia. I have undergone 2 divorces. ultimately I ended up not trusting my wives and thought they were messing around with other men behind my back. I don't know if it was true or not. I do not have any solid proof of this happening just a gut feeling...

After attempting to leave both marriages ultimately both women got tried of coming to get me and both marriage relationships dissolved with no kind of relationships between both wives. I was wondering if others here have problems with trusting other partners and relationships? Or is it just me???

I have now been currently divorced for over a year and doing very well living alone. In the past, I had trouble isolating and hearing voices but no voices so far. I think also that my relationship is right with GOD, and that makes a big difference. If (and thats a BIG "IF") i get married again, I will NOT marry a rebellious natured person and one who is sold out to GOD.

I am 56 years old and content with not getting married again. I do not want to get into a relationship with old baggage. I will probably just stay to myself, and continue to be proactive against this horrible illness which seems to get better as I get older. Go figure on that. I heard it gets worse through the years. I am not as paranoid and the voices do not torment me like that once did.
Dear brother,
Consider this and be blessed.

This is what we have heard:
bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

I hope you have done what we all have been told.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Encourage everyone to watch "Marriage Today" on Daystar. (Sundays).

Plus their website marriagetoday.com/category/tv-episodes/ has probably 60 free episodes including "What a man really needs" and 'What a woman really needs" by Jimmy Evan's ministries. All teachings are Biblically based. Plus there's books, videos, etc. He was recently interviewed on Joni: Table Table for 4 sessions about his book "The Four Laws of Love." Think those can still be viewed.

There's hundreds on youtube.

Last edited:
Upvote 0