• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Schizoid and faith?

red bits

Nov 23, 2011
✟15,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You should read the story where Jesus casts out Legion. The man begged Jesus to let him follow, but Jesus told him to go and tell his family all that God had done for him and how He had mercy on him! Like you, I have a difficult time going to church, so I try to seek out other people like me who are outcasts and loners and preach the Gospel to them, then I go my way. Someone has to bring the Gospel to people on the outskirts of society, who better than a person who understands being on the outside.

God created you the way he wants you to be. If you have concerns; you really should pray to him.

Upvote 0
I don't like being around people and I don't want to belong to any sort of group... I don't like being attached to people and since I live in a small town, everyone at our church always wants to talk and be friends, and since I am unfortunately part of the pastors family, I am expected to treat them all like family.

Upvote 0

RevMarkkie

Sep 25, 2015
✟15,136.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have schizoid personality disorder which makes it hard for me to want to go to church. Any tips?
There are a lot of online options. Instead of going to church you can watch from your computer. Have you been diagnosed or is this something you 'think' you might have?

Upvote 0

RevMarkkie

Sep 25, 2015
✟15,136.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You should read the story where Jesus casts out Legion. The man begged Jesus to let him follow, but Jesus told him to go and tell his family all that God had done for him and how He had mercy on him! Like you, I have a difficult time going to church, so I try to seek out other people like me who are outcasts and loners and preach the Gospel to them, then I go my way. Someone has to bring the Gospel to people on the outskirts of society, who better than a person who understands being on the outside.

God created you the way he wants you to be. If you have concerns; you really should pray to him.
I don't think you're born schzoid, I know I wasn't, yet now I am. It more than being introverted, it's the fact that you want nothing to do with people, don't like people, must be alone and cannot in anyway be around people. You will never have any close relationships except with God since he's not a physical presence. If he was a physical presence then you would have an issue with his being there. You don't even want to be seen, noticed and do not go out. You spend a lot of time home inside. You do not work well with others and need to be alone. It seems to go against Christianity and I find it a huge struggle.

Upvote 0

puregrl

Jun 7, 2005
North Carolina
✟15,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Having a schizoid personality should not keep you from having a close relationship with Christ. I understand it keeping you from wanting to be around other people as this disorder means you are generally detached and have a hard time being social with others. I honestly dont see it going against Christianity. Christianity simply means being like Christ in all you do. Christ in human form had all the human qualities we do. In that, he required time alone...just him and his father. He had close friends, but he needed time alone as well. You can love others and still be alone. People express their love for others in various ways. As a schizoid, you can do things that dont require being around others but still show Gods love. For example, sponsoring a compassion international child. God knows you, he created you. He knows your struggles and knows your heart. Have the personal relationship with God, spend time with him as you are able to do that since he is not a physical presence. As far as church, dont think having to physically go is the only way to be filled by the body of Christ. You can watch it on tv or watch it on the computer where some places even have a moderator you can talk to during it without having that face to face problem.

Upvote 0
I don't think you're born schzoid, I know I wasn't, yet now I am. It more than being introverted, it's the fact that you want nothing to do with people, don't like people, must be alone and cannot in anyway be around people. You will never have any close relationships except with God since he's not a physical presence. If he was a physical presence then you would have an issue with his being there. You don't even want to be seen, noticed and do not go out. You spend a lot of time home inside. You do not work well with others and need to be alone. It seems to go against Christianity and I find it a huge struggle.
That explains it perfectly actually. I want to show Christ's love, but I don't like people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums