• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

LDS Scathing Lawsuit Seeks Punitive Damages From Mormon Church

Discussion in 'Debate Other Religions & Faiths' started by Daniel Marsh, Sep 11, 2019 at 4:51 PM.

1. Daniel Marsh

Daniel Marsh Well-Known Member

+969
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Scathing Lawsuit Seeks Punitive Damages From Mormon Church
    August 6, 2019JONNY BONNER
    SALT LAKE CITY (CN) — A federal lawsuit sure to get attention in Utah claims that the “Mormon Corporate Empire” has driven worshipers to existential crises, suicide, anxiety and depression by peddling a “scheme of lies” centered on the religion’s creation and its scriptures, a onetime member claims.

The angel Moroni, an icon of the Mormon faith.
    Laura Gaddy on Monday filed a scathing, 75-page class action against the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Sain

is there a pdf file of the brief online?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Peter1000

Peter1000 Well-Known Member

+319
    Mormon
    Married
    Scathing nothingburger.

3. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+7,529
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    This has been tried before, unsuccessfully. I hope the filers of the lawsuit are aware of and have learned from the mistakes of the past attempts so as to not repeat them now.

There is also this:

Lord have mercy.

4. Daniel Marsh

Daniel Marsh Well-Known Member

+969
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Let's all pray for her

5. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+2,874
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    Wow!

6. Peter1000

+319
    Mormon
    Married
    Wow, what?

Do you know her story?

7. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+2,874
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    I never thought about another large church like that getting sued aside from the Catholic Church . Times have changed

8. Peter1000

+319
    Mormon
    Married
    Do you know this person?

What if she is doing this to fraudulently attack the church for money? Do we still pray for her to succeed in her fraudulent pursuit?

9. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+7,052
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    they can try to get the court case heard outside of Utah, where the judge and/or jury won't be dominated by Mormons. They will have a better chance of winning that way.

10. He is the way

He is the way Well-Known Member

+95
    United States
    Mormon
    Married
    I believe that this lawsuit will be dismissed. Otherwise every church will be at risk for the same outlandish lawsuits.

11. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann From Mormonism to Christ Supporter

+8,112
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    This is true:

“The material facts upon which Mormonism is based have been manipulated through intentional concealment, misrepresentation, distortion and or obfuscation by the [LDS] to contrive an inducement to faith in Mormonism’s core beliefs,” the complaint states.

12. Peter1000

+319
    Mormon
    Married
    It is not true.

We cannot give one the "meat" until they are ready for it. Ask Paul as he tried to give the "meat" to the Corinthians? Same problem only 2000 years later. Was Paul and the bible manipulating through intentional concealment, misrepresentation, distortion, and or obfuscation by the apostles of Jesus to contrive an inducement to faith in Jesus's core beliefs?

If she wins this suit, look out Christian churches of the world, you will be the next to get sued for exactly the same misplaced ideas.
    For instance, one could say: They told me that all I had to do was believe in Jesus and I would be saved, intentionally manipulating me by concealment, misrepresentation, and the distortion of the bible truth. As I continued to read the bible, I found out that there were many other things that were important to salvation that they did not tell me about and they hinted about hell, but my goodness, I never in my life felt like I was going there, but my studies point out that if this and that do not happen, I can go to hell easily.

My mind and my nerves are so frayed now, I don't know what to do. So I decided to fight back with this law suit. I can just see it coming, if this person wins this law suit.

13. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann From Mormonism to Christ Supporter

+8,112
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    That is a very prejudicial and arrogant statement that fits right in with your denying non-Mormons attendance at temple weddings of their children and grandchildren!

We can't discuss this topic until you learn what meat is.

You can't compare apples to oranges! :doh:

14. Peter1000

+319
    Mormon
    Married
    This is not prejudicial or arrogant, this is straight out of the bible. Can't teach people meat until they understand the milk. Biblical.

I told you in another post what the meat is. You know some of it through your study of Mormonism. It is not rocket science.

In religious lawsuits, there are no apples to oranges, it is all low hanging fruit to be grabbed at by a deranged ex-anything that thinks they have been wronged.