GuidanceNeeded

“Seek peace, and pursue it. (Proverbs 34:14)”
Mar 26, 2009
✟8,766.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There was a movie, I think I was around 7, that my older sister allowed me to watch. I think it was something like "Body Parts". The guy would go around killing people and just take 1 part of their bodies to form another person. Just thinking about it freaks me out!

There are so many other movies that just scare the heebie jeebies out of me! I hate thrillers. The music from Halloween just kills me.

One movie that I hate though is "Darkness Falls" but this is my husbands fault

Upvote 0

chubbbyy

Oct 8, 2009
✟15,115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Descent was the SCARIEST movie I have ever seen. It was the first one that I saw, and it was definitely the last! It was gory, scary, and just plain horrible. I saw little goblin-like creatures running around my room for days, and I had horrible nightmares!

I don't know about the scariest movie ever made but

The Descent (2005) was the scariest movie I'VE EVER seen too >.<

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
#1 Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark-Kim Darby,Jim Hutton,William Demarest, has probably traumatized more people than any other horror film,check out the reviews at IMDb.
#2 Don't Go To Sleep-Dennis Weaver, Valerie Harper
#3 Rosemary's Baby
#4 Janghwa, Hongryeon (A Tale Of Two Sisters)
#5 Honogurai mizu no soko kara (2002) ( better than Dark Water)
#6 Ringu(better than The Ring)
#7 The Maid
#8 Poltergeist
#9 Pet Sematary
#10 John Carpenter's "The Thing"
#11 John Carpenter's "The Fog"
#12 Trilogy of Terror
#13 Darkness Falls (underated,has several great jumps)
#14 Gin gwai(The Eye) Love the Pang Brothers films!
#15 Kaidan (especially the tale of Hoichi The Earless)
#16 not scary but really enjoyed The Skeleton Key and also...
The Exorcism of Emily Rose

#18 The Birds
Oh "Dead Birds" deserves mention here as well,it's really creepy.

For me, The Exorcist was too over-the-top to be anywhere near as scary as Don't Go To Sleep and Rosemary's Baby!

And The Blair Witch Project was nothing but "let's see how many times some skanky female can say the "F" word in 15 minutes"!:sick::sigh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

marlowe007

Veteran
Dec 8, 2008
✟23,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Descent was chillingly brilliant, but if you really wanna movie to give you nightmares, try Silent Hill.*

The Exorcism of Emily Rose was particularly frightening - the actress who pulled off those shocking facial contortions, without the aid of special effects, must've been immensely talented. In addition, the movie was based on a true story, which adds to the horror.

*That's nowhere near as scary as the video game version, though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JWishum

Oct 10, 2009
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another movie that is coming out that offers a clean alternative is ‘’Paranormal.’’ Below is some additional information about this new thriller!!

Paranormal[FONT=&quot], the latest supernatural thriller from [/FONT]Cross Shadow Productions[FONT=&quot], (the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]creators of the Dove.org approved, best-selling BMG releases: [/FONT]Pray [FONT=&quot]and [/FONT]Pray 2:
The Woods[FONT=&quot]) [/FONT]will be available in stores nationwide January 26th 2010[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]The 2009 Mrs. America is starring in it.
[FONT=&quot]Following the success of family-friendly suspense/thriller [/FONT]The Exorcism of Emily
Rose [FONT=&quot]([/FONT]Sony Pictures[FONT=&quot]), comes a riveting supernatural thriller in the vein of the hit[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SyFy television series, [/FONT]Ghost Hunters [FONT=&quot]and Frank Peretti's [/FONT]House [FONT=&quot]([/FONT]Roadside
Attractions / Lionsgate[FONT=&quot]).[/FONT]

Paranormal [FONT=&quot]follows best-selling, self-made novelist Greg Evans struggling through the worst case of writer's block in his award-winning career. In a desperate search for[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]inspiration, Greg quickly finds himself immersed in a world he is not prepared to face.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Turning to a group of paranormal investigators, Greg and the ghost hunting team search for proof and answers, yet are unaware they are about to have an experience of a[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]lifetime! None will leave the way they came. [/FONT]Paranormal [FONT=&quot]will peel back the supernatural curtain to reveal how [/FONT]The TRUTH will EXPOSE the darkness!

Upvote 0

b.hopeful

Sharp as a razor, soft as a prayer
Jul 17, 2009
St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The exorcist and Amnityville Horror were both scary for me but I read the books first and was freaked out by them....so that may have helped.

Last House on the Left...the original...I was too young to watch that and it stuck wtih me. The remake was scary in a different way....I have a teen daughter now and some scenes were too much.

Recent movies.....The Grudge. Most horror movies don't freak me out but this one did for some reason.

I didn't care for the Ring.

Slasher type flicks normally don't creep me out but Rob Zombie did a good job with House of 1000 Corpses. It had the creep out factor for me.

Upvote 0

marlowe007

Veteran
Dec 8, 2008
✟23,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I watched the original version of The Wicker Man last night, and believe it deserves a mention here. This was and is a classic of devious subversive horror, and Sgt Howie is the one role Edward Woodward was born to play. The shocks in the film are brilliant - they're not overt horror-movie jolts, they are casual moments of sudden perversity occurring in an overall ambience of folk-story innocence and whimsy, and mostly shot in broad daylight. An important movie that gets its scares through tweaking Howie's (and our) perceptions of reality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.