Servant of the Lord
May 19, 2008
NY
Visit site
✟15,467.00
Faith
Christian
“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Simply say, Jesus Christ come into my life and save me.. and He will. You don't believe it? Then there is nothing to lose by trying it.. so anywhere you are.. Call on the name..
Jesus Christ enter my life and save me.

No matter what false religion you are currently following.. no matter how bad you think you are.. no matter where you are.. GOD loves you more than you can imagine and He is happy you called :)

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
-Ro 10:13-14

Now that you have read this and called His name.. post a response here and tell us what happened at that moment..
(anything no matter how insignificant you may feel it is)

:preach:

With Love,
- Jefell

youtube.com search jefell

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Simply say, Jesus Christ come into my life and save me.. and He will. You don't believe it? Then there is nothing to lose by trying it.. so anywhere you are.. Call on the name..

No matter what false religion you are currently following.. no matter how bad you think you are.. no matter where you are.. GOD loves you more than you can imagine and He is happy you called :)

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

Now that you have read this and called His name.. post a response here and tell us what happened at that moment..

With Love,
- Jefell

Yet, there is that thing about repenting. Just calling out the name of Jesus the Christ does not save anyone......it's the repenting of sins that it's about and once someone repents, and calls on the name of Jesus the Christ, realizing they are worthy of hell, they shall be saved.

Ever listened to Paul Washer? He tells it like it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shxQcczYuAA&feature=channel

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

Done that. Been there. Bought the book.

So, considering that I've already been saved, I'll continue as a happy nontheist and Eudaimonist. :)

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Really, that's it? No study required? No sincerity? No continual practice? You just have to say those words and you're saved? Even if you break the law and be a really mean person afterwards?

Sounds really empty to me.
No thanks (again)

Upvote 0

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
"Scared to Call His Name? "

After some of the conversations I have had here with those whose paths are different than my own, I'd say fear has nothing to do with it. And you are being rather simplistic in your approach to salvation. You can't just say the words - you have to believe them and you have to put that belief (faith) into action.

It is not a problem of being scared - it is a non/other belief thing.

Upvote 0

Caitlin.ann

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

With Love,
- Jefell

Hehe! Been there, done that hundreds of time..and right now I feel closer to Thor. So..nope, no doing, thanks for the tip though. :thumbsup:

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟729,729.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
No matter what false religion you are currently following.. no matter how bad you think you are.. no matter where you are.. GOD loves you more than you can imagine and He is happy you called
I don't think the issue is around God loving us, that's a given...our focus should be loving other people as we see the activity of God with in them. From my perspective, I don't care how much a person calls upon the name of Jesus, if they are not loving others and putting others first in their life, I seriously question the name they are calling upon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Luzeiro

Aug 14, 2008
Earth-side of heaven...
✟15,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think the issue is around God loving us, that's a given...our focus should be loving other people as we see the activity of God with in them. From my perspective, I don't care how much a person calls upon the name of Jesus, if they are not loving others and putting others first in their life, I seriously question the name they are calling upon.

What you suggest is subjective. It depends on your interpretation of how that love should be expressed. Does it measure up to your opinion. Therefore, you are wrong.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟729,729.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
What you suggest is subjective. It depends on your interpretation of how that love should be expressed. Does it measure up to your opinion.
Of course Love for others is subjective...that's the nature of Love. It's not my opinion that matters though. It's how Love touches the souls of those who both express Love for others and those who receive that Love. That's where the magic of Love happens.

Therefore, you are wrong.
I have no idea how Love for others can ever be wrong.

Upvote 0

Luzeiro

Aug 14, 2008
Earth-side of heaven...
✟15,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course Love for others is subjective...that's the nature of Love. It's not my opinion that matters though. It's how Love touches the souls of those who both express Love for others and those who receive that Love. That's where the magic of Love happens.

I have no idea how Love for others can ever be wrong.

I didn't say love is wrong; I said you are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BlueCelt

Lazy philosopher and Curious Theologist
Sep 21, 2008
✟7,683.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

No matter what false religion you are currently following.. no matter how bad you think you are.. no matter where you are.. GOD loves you more than you can imagine and He is happy you called

Wouldn't that be incredibly offensive to people who actually believe in Christianity for me to do so? It would be a mockery for me to say words that are empty and meaningless to me, but are important words of faith for others.

I may not agree with religious people, but I try to respect their beliefs.

Blue

Reactions: Luzeiro
Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Hehe! Been there, done that hundreds of time..and right now I feel closer to Thor. So..nope, no doing, thanks for the tip though. :thumbsup:
Thor, huh? I never quite got around to feeling any sense of connection with the hammer guy. Now Freyja, on the other hand...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.