• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Scared of cancer after 2 ct scans

livin4christ9203

~~CF Welcome Angel~~
May 18, 2006
Indiana
✟16,909.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been through a lot in a couple of months. To keep it short.. I had to have a hysterectomy due to dermoid cysts which were found by a pelvic/abdominal ct scan. I have been recovering fine..but noticed a slight chest pain. They ran some tests and since a blood level was high and a couple other factors put me at risk for a blood clot, they did a chest ct. It came back fine.. Of course they think it's anxiety.

So now in completely freaked out that since I had 2 CTs in about a months time..that I am going to get cancer from it. And when reading online.. It just scares you more. Can anyone offer some reassurance?

They started me on an anxiety med..f course it takes a little while to start working.. So I don't know if I'm dealing with a combination of adjusting to the new meds or what. It's just driving me crazy.