The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Not sure if this was discussed when it occurred so here it is.

Gun Cave Shooting Range Owner Jan Morgan Bans Muslims

"Gun Cave Shooting Range Owner Jan Morgan is banning Muslims from her Hot Springs, Ark. establishment. She says Islam is not a religion protected by the Constitution, but rather a terrorist organization commanding followers to kill."

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features...ting-range-owner-jan-morgan-bans-muslims.html

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,795.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Wow, gets popcorn whilst waiting for someone to defend it...
image.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not sure if this was discussed when it occurred so here it is.

Gun Cave Shooting Range Owner Jan Morgan Bans Muslims

"Gun Cave Shooting Range Owner Jan Morgan is banning Muslims from her Hot Springs, Ark. establishment. She says Islam is not a religion protected by the Constitution, but rather a terrorist organization commanding followers to kill."

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features...ting-range-owner-jan-morgan-bans-muslims.html
How many muslims do you think actually went there to begin with? I am betting around 0-5. I bet is a media stunt to make more money. Pretty sickening on profiting off the fears of people.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How many muslims do you think actually went there to begin with? I am betting around 0-5. I bet is a media stunt to make more money. Pretty sickening on profiting off the fears of people.

Indeed -- who do they think they are, politicians?

Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Oh they've certainly profited off of it though I doubt it was a planned stunt. I mean have ya seen this woman's Facebook?

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well it is a private club...so it maybe legal. Just don't agree with the logic....

I would agree with this statement...it's a private club, they can set whatever kind of objectionable membership policies they please. I certainly wouldn't patronize their establishment, though.

It's really no different than the moose & eagles fraternal orders throughout the US, that have a requirement that you must believe in a higher power in order to be a member. (the only reason I know that, is because my buddy who's a member of the eagles tried to get me to join lol...I didn't want to anyway, but the fact that I'm an atheist gave me a good excuse after reviewing their rules...so I could say "oh, sorry, I guess I can't join")

Reactions: crjmurray
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I would agree with this statement...it's a private club, they can set whatever kind of objectionable membership policies they please. I certainly wouldn't patronize their establishment, though.

It's really no different than the moose & eagles fraternal orders throughout the US, that have a requirement that you must believe in a higher power in order to be a member. (the only reason I know that, is because my buddy who's a member of the eagles tried to get me to join lol...I didn't want to anyway, but the fact that I'm an atheist gave me a good excuse after reviewing their rules...so I could say "oh, sorry, I guess I can't join")

Seems more of the ol' "No coloreds allowed" sign... just now the color is brown instead of black.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Seems more of the ol' "No coloreds allowed" sign... just now the color is brown instead of black.

Which, if it's a private club, they're allowed to do...

Like I said before, there's no doubt it's morally objectionable, however, it's no different than some of the types of restrictions that other private clubs put on membership that a public entity could never get away with.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Can't be too careful these days.
The problem is it is STILL illegal because despite what she may think Islam and and of itself IS protected by the consuition so that act breaks the law and she can be sued and maybe even lose her business via the law for that decision.

Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
The problem is it is STILL illegal because despite what she may think Islam and and of itself IS protected by the consuition so that act breaks the law and she can be sued and maybe even lose her business via the law for that decision.
She's a private club now which can be as racist they want.

Upvote 0