Say we spend our lives waiting for God, to Evolve - is that: life spent wasted?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I came to the conclusion that it is better to be predetermined than to be self-willed and I started to turn my attention to God; what I started to realise is that God is more predetermined than me - like even if I spent every waking hour focused on God and His predetermination, I would still never have plumbed the depths of it: not even in Death!

Basically in Evolutionary terms, what I am saying is: "I am without concern, that God in preparation for eternity,, would leave me without a way to relate to Him" I mean He really does care, that I am like Him (and this we learn from Jesus Christ, His Son).

The mission then, is to understand, what of Evolution we think we need, when God is going to freely give it to us anyway - as the gospels say "It is the Father's good pleasure, to give you the Kingdom". There is no "not if, you don't xyz".

When our time on Earth is up, our Evolution toward Heaven is over (that's what I am saying, in simple terms).

I suppose the direction this goes is: what does the Holy Spirit advise, about avoiding wayward Evolution, in the interim between here and Heaven above? Does the world not understand the concept of being "over qualified" in Evolutionary terms? At some point the expectation of the Holy Spirit is all that will hold sway.

I settle this for now, with a reminder of what I said in the beginning "God is infinitely more evolved than me, of that I am certain".

Peace.

-C

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi there,

So I came to the conclusion that it is better to be predetermined than to be self-willed and I started to turn my attention to God; what I started to realise is that God is more predetermined than me - like even if I spent every waking hour focused on God and His predetermination, I would still never have plumbed the depths of it: not even in Death!

Basically in Evolutionary terms, what I am saying is: "I am without concern, that God in preparation for eternity,, would leave me without a way to relate to Him" I mean He really does care, that I am like Him (and this we learn from Jesus Christ, His Son).

The mission then, is to understand, what of Evolution we think we need, when God is going to freely give it to us anyway - as the gospels say "It is the Father's good pleasure, to give you the Kingdom". There is no "not if, you don't xyz".

When our time on Earth is up, our Evolution toward Heaven is over (that's what I am saying, in simple terms).

I suppose the direction this goes is: what does the Holy Spirit advise, about avoiding wayward Evolution, in the interim between here and Heaven above? Does the world not understand the concept of being "over qualified" in Evolutionary terms? At some point the expectation of the Holy Spirit is all that will hold sway.

I settle this for now, with a reminder of what I said in the beginning "God is infinitely more evolved than me, of that I am certain".
Peace.
-C

Ev·o·lu·tion
/ˌevəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/

noun
  1. the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.

Similar:
    -Darwinism
    -Natural Selection
    Those that are less fit for their environment, die and fail to reproduce.
    Those that are a better fit, thrive and have better fit offspring.

2. the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form.
    "the forms of written languages undergo constant evolution"

Malachi 3:6
“For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Isaiah 40:28
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.

Numbers 23:19
God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is not evolving. You are not evolving unless you mean in character. One function of the Holy Spirit that indwells the Christian it to make us like Christ. That is what it means when one talks about being made ready for the next life. How does one become like Christ? Here is the hard part, one does not simply sit back and change. One must change. We all must die to ourselves and allow Christ to replace us. Be a seed that falls into the ground and dies then emerges anew in Christ. I saw an interesting play recently and in one of the acts a heavenly being asks a person carrying something, self or sin, do you want me to kill it. The person comes to say don't ask me just kill it to which the being replies, do you want me to kill it. In the end the person asks for it to be killed and then is set free. This is part of the life a Christian.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,589.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

Peace.

-C

If Christian theology is correct than you are talking nonsence.
God is discribe as perfect. If that is true how does one improve on perfection?

Or do you actualy mean that as science can only demonstrat that evolution equals a loss of function that God is in some way losing some of his characteristics?
In an unchanging God that again does not make sence.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
[...]

If that is true how does one improve on perfection?

Perfection can be improved on, if it is exercised - exercised perfection, is experiential perfection (not merely conceptual perfection).

Or do you actualy mean that as science can only demonstrat that evolution equals a loss of function that God is in some way losing some of his characteristics?
In an unchanging God that again does not make sence.

I would say "God always knew that He would reveal His Evolution and decided to time it, so that we could see how much more Evolved He was than us".

The point is that we have a greater burden, the more we discover God was always more evolved than us.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,589.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Perfection can be improved on, if it is exercised - exercised perfection, is experiential perfection (not merely conceptual perfection
Perfection that can be improved upon is not perfect.

• Winner
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God is not evolving. You are not evolving unless you mean in character. One function of the Holy Spirit that indwells the Christian it to make us like Christ. That is what it means when one talks about being made ready for the next life. How does one become like Christ? Here is the hard part, one does not simply sit back and change. One must change. We all must die to ourselves and allow Christ to replace us. Be a seed that falls into the ground and dies then emerges anew in Christ. I saw an interesting play recently and in one of the acts a heavenly being asks a person carrying something, self or sin, do you want me to kill it. The person comes to say don't ask me just kill it to which the being replies, do you want me to kill it. In the end the person asks for it to be killed and then is set free. This is part of the life a Christian.

Actually a person's DNA does change over time, and the little swimmers produce different results as a person ages.

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We evolve to become like Christ. DNA has nothing to do with the spiritual aspect. God is not man and therefore likely has no DNA, notice I said likely as I cannot state that for certain. God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth. I simply don't understand the concept of an evolving God as I do not see any basis for it in the Word of God. Adaptation is not evolving by the way, change is not evolution in the Darwinian definition. So as long as we agree evolve does not equal evolutionary change as generally understand in this age we are close to agreement.

Upvote 0

Paul James

Apr 14, 2020
Christchurch
✟3,275.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

Peace.

-C
God doesn't evolve. The Scripture says, "For I am the Lord, I change not" (Malachi 3:6).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums