Say no to inappropriate content! But HOW?

SnappleX

Bond-Slave
Jan 25, 2011
Blaine, Washington
Visit site
✟7,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Thanks again!
seeingeyes
user_online.gif

Female.gif
Married.gif
Christian.gif

@SeeingEyes: As you are probably already aware, the word Brother or *BRETHREN* does not denote a blood relationship, rather the family of God since we are all His children.
:D

God Bless
- SnappleX

Upvote 0

alive2Christ

Apr 20, 2012
✟23,497.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This morning,I was watching telly and a discussion program was on and the question was "should ISP's ban inappropriate content?" and I turned round quickly and said "YES!" then realised I was alone in the house.The thing is,I realised that although I once loved and had an addiction to inappropriate content,I now realise that I HATE IT.
What I'm saying is don't be discouraged if I can be rid of it,anyone can but then I didn't get rid really, it was the Lord who got rid of it for me. I think I had to be taught to hate it.

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2012
La Verne, CA.
Visit site
✟15,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I applaud you for being candid. I think the answer largely lies with your mind. What are you thinking about? The scripture is loaded with references to what we think and believe and how thoughts can lead us into places that we don’t want to be in. Meditate on Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Think about the kind of man you want to be for the woman you are preparing yourself to meet, marry and spend the rest of your life with and then become that man for “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he”….Proverbs 23:7

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Amen and I agree with everything thats been said. I had a nasty inappropriate content addiction for about 15 years or so and over the last year or so I've been working on getting rid of it. I went from looking at mutiple times a day to looking at it maybe once a month. Am I perfect? Nope, but I try ever so hard and pray for constant strength from God because I want to be far away from that addiction. Which happens to be the most common for all men.

Upvote 0

TRUEPeace

Jun 6, 2012
✟7,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I posted a topic such as this recently, I pray a warfare prayer, there is some good ones on the net that you can look at they are quite long, cast out these evils, plead the blood of Christ over yourself.

inappropriate content will lead to other sexual sins and those sins into more.

You can message me for support any time

God bless you

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God bless you freakazoid, and you may someday overcome the addiction completely!
:)

AMEN
-- SnappleX
Thanks! :)

inappropriate content will lead to other sexual sins and those sins into more.
If anything that is the biggest issue with it, yeah its a sin but it will mess with your love life in ways you can't imagine. I'll be honest again, I used to lust with every woman I was with, its probably what eventually caused me to cave in and have sex before marriage. Which I regret more then anyone knows.

So with my current fiance I've gotten to the point of I can control the thoughts, however sometimes I will dream of our honeymoon night, nothing hardcore but still. Although many tell me I can't control what I dream. Well after I still feel guilty because I'll suddenly remember part of the dream. Which makes it worse because I don't want to ever think lustfully of my fiance. I pray each time God strengthens me and forgives me for thinking that way.

I am grateful though because my dad before he was christian was into worse inappropriate content then I was. And being married my moms biggest complaint is he cannot stop thinking about sex no matter how bad he tries because of his old addiction. He doesn't know how to just cuddle, he always has to have it lead somewhere. And now that hes having issues with his body not "working", he is even deeper in depression because to some degree sex equals love to him. He won't even use a computer for fear of seeing something accidently.

Sex is not the reason I am marrying, although obviously it will be nice to have sex when married. Main reasons I am marrying this woman have to do with love and God. So I am glad I am not entirley like my dad. I enjoy cuddiling without it having anything to do with sex!

Upvote 0

Craig Lesher

Sep 25, 2018
US
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Mobile devices are a problem not just because of mobility but with privacy and no blocking services like those avalable to pc’s. I leave this forum in the private window on my device. . Enable restrictions as mentioned is at least a hindrance. Listen to Christian music. Read Psalms of the day. For ex, 25, 55, 85, 115, 145. Put the device away.

Upvote 0

Jon Osterman

Jan 23, 2018
Glasgow
✟59,048.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I admittedly don't know much about this issue, but I am aware that the authorities sometimes give child molesters or rapists drugs that remove their sexual urges. This is essentially chemical castration. Can one get such drugs over the counter? If so, I would imagine they could be used to cure this sort of problem.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I admittedly don't know much about this issue, but I am aware that the authorities sometimes give child molesters or rapists drugs that remove their sexual urges. This is essentially chemical castration. Can one get such drugs over the counter? If so, I would imagine they could be used to cure this sort of problem.
Not only have those drugs shown themselves to not stop at least some of these people from raping or harming others again, but the sin of lust goes deeper than that (Matthew 15:19). Castration will not make it go away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Realize that it's empty, and that lust is never satisfied. Just stay away from the thought of it. That's what helped me.

That's good advice.

When I was doing my dirty little deeds in my closet alone one day it hit me that God could see everything I was doing. That caused me to feel very sick inside. I put that stuff down and did not wish to touch it ever again.

Remember -- God sees everything that we do -- that should give us concern to do right.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Not only have those drugs shown themselves to not stop at least some of these people from raping or harming others again, but the sin of lust goes deeper than that (Matthew 15:19). Castration will not make it go away.
Yes, the hormones still flow with castration so the desires don't change.

Upvote 0