Say no to inappropriate content! But HOW?

mytel

Sep 18, 2009
australia
✟9,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would just say be careful with setting goals for things like this, as it puts the responsibility on us like its something to achieve, or something to prove our selves with or our faith, and if we fail we tend to punish ourselves more, creating a cycle. But Jesus paid the price already. To overcome these things, really it is all through God -He is the one who can remove it from your life, so we must submit to Him.

Lust and such feelings never fully go away or are defeated in this life, i think we will always be tempted but we do not have to act on those temptations. Pray to God for strength as i do, take it day by day at this point and pray each day and you will find God can change your life and all we have to do is trust Him. It is a process. It gets easier as the habit begins to be broken.

Upvote 0

coons786c

Feb 23, 2007
Port Saint Lucie
✟9,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
For someone to say just stop doesn't work with this addiction.

I was bound by this for 27 yrs up until a few weeks ago. So this is how you overcome.

First you must be born again according to the bible. 2nd Call it a lie. You and me are all fighting against dark powers of Satan and demons. Its a lie, God did not make you this way. When the urges come up to touch and look at inappropriate content call it a lie from Satan and immediatly run to scripture. Physically open your bible up and read scriptures that pertain to Lust. For me I like St John 8:44 Jesus calls Satan the father of Lies. Set your mind on the Word for at least an good hour. If you have the spirit living inside of you the spirit will begin to move and kill this sin and take away all urges. This is what happened to me. Also Read Eph 6 10-17

If the computer is in the house get out Run from it. God will help you thru this IF you allow him.

Your statement here is a lie from Satan..... I still feel that I may not be able to quit completely

Where is your Faith in the Word and Jesus. This is a war my friend you have to get serious with this if you want to overcome. Also read this what I wrote. I dont mean to be harsh but you have to be aggressive to overcome this in the word. You can do it. You are not alone.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7663794/

Last edited:
Reactions: alive2Christ
Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Start thinking of inappropriate content stars as your sisters.

Sex workers are people, too. Did you know that inappropriate content stars look down on prostitutes and vice versa? And strippers look down on the lot of them. And they all look down on their customers, who are just poor lonely sods begging to get separated from their money. We are all trapped in the same hole of self-righteousness. God help us.

Upvote 0

vortigen84

Nov 24, 2009
✟9,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Start thinking of inappropriate content stars as your sisters.

This is not the correct way to think of them, because they are not Christians; they are not part of God's family. They are the children of the devil, according to St John. Jesus himself said:

Matthew 12:48-50

He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

That said, love your enemies.

And they all look down on their customers, who are just poor lonely sods begging to get separated from their money.

I wouldn't cast them as victims:

Titus 3:3

At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.

Ephesians 2:3

...among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

They're sinners: they're evil. Not just "poor lonely sods."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eyesee

It's all about Jesus
Jun 14, 2012
North Texas
✟15,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You need to trust God completely, hand the issue over to Him and and allow Him to remove it from your life. I believe it is only through God that we are released from these things. But you have to be willing to.

Someone posted this before in another thread but i thought the thoughts expressed in it might be helpful

Loved by God, Loving Others: Freedom from Struggling with Sin

That's a really amazing article, thank you :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not the correct way to think of them, because they are not Christians; they are not part of God's family. They are the children of the devil, according to St John. Jesus himself said:

Matthew 12:48-50

He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”
That said, love your enemies.

I wouldn't cast them as victims:

Titus 3:3

At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.

Ephesians 2:3

...among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.
They're sinners: they're evil. Not just "poor lonely sods."

I was using "sisters" in the sense of "people it's gross to have sex with". (That's still accurate nowadays, isn't it? ;))

My point was that if a inappropriate content watcher actually cared at all about the person on the screen, they wouldn't be watching. If that girl was your mother or your sister or your niece, you might very well have some concerns about their chosen profession, and you certainly wouldn't 'tune in'.

Your view of these women as unpitiable sinners just adds to their 'entertainment value' since, apparently, that's the only value that they will have until they stop whoring it up.

But the Gospel is that Christ died for us even while we were still in our sins. It appears that he expects us to do the same for each other. We are called to love our enemies. Not just put up with them, not just work on converting them, but actually be willing to die for them - just as Christ did for us unpitiable sinners. Praise God that He doesn't wait for us to be good before showing us His goodness!

God bless :)

Upvote 0

Eyesee

It's all about Jesus
Jun 14, 2012
North Texas
✟15,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was using "sisters" in the sense of "people it's gross to have sex with". (That's still accurate nowadays, isn't it? ;))

My point was that if a inappropriate content watcher actually cared at all about the person on the screen, they wouldn't be watching. If that girl was your mother or your sister or your niece, you might very well have some concerns about their chosen profession, and you certainly wouldn't 'tune in'.

Your view of these women as unpitiable sinners just adds to their 'entertainment value' since, apparently, that's the only value that they will have until they stop whoring it up.

But the Gospel is that Christ died for us even while we were still in our sins. It appears that he expects us to do the same for each other. We are called to love our enemies. Not just put up with them, not just work on converting them, but actually be willing to die for them - just as Christ did for us unpitiable sinners. Praise God that He doesn't wait for us to be good before showing us His goodness!

God bless :)

*I* knew what you meant :)

Upvote 0

vortigen84

Nov 24, 2009
✟9,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Don't talk to me that way.

I believe God has mercy on those who deserve wrath, OK?

That's why Jesus suffered on the cross: he was taking God's anger on himself for those horrible and filthy people. That's what we were once were, before we were washed:

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

They're not just victims, but sinners. That's why hell is fair, and it is why grace is amazing.

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't talk to me that way.

I believe God has mercy on those who deserve wrath, OK?

That's why Jesus suffered on the cross: he was taking God's anger on himself for those horrible and filthy people. That's what we were once were, before we were washed:
1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
They're not just victims, but sinners. That's why hell is fair, and it is why grace is amazing.

I think we had a mix-up. I never claimed that anyone was a victim. I said that sex workers view their clients as 'poor lonely sods'. When you argued against that phrase, I thought you were arguing against compassion.

Grace is most definitely amazing, because you and I are having a non-argument, but His grace extends even to us. Sorry, brother.:blush:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vortigen84

Nov 24, 2009
✟9,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think we had a mix-up. I never claimed that anyone was a victim. I said that sex workers view their clients as 'poor lonely sods'. When you argued against that phrase, I thought you were arguing against compassion.

Grace is most definitely amazing, because you and I are having a non-argument, but His grace extends even to us. Sorry, brother.:blush:

OK, never mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟13,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1. go to control panel
2. open “network and internet”
3. open “network and sharing center”
4. on the left side, click on “change adapter settings”
5. right-lick on the connection you are using (local area of wireless)
6. click on “Properties”
7. in the middle box, click to highlight
“Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)
8.once highlighted, click on “Properties”
to open TCP/IPv4 Properties window.
9. click and choose “Use the following DNS Server Addresses”
10. for “Preferred DNS Server” type in 208.67.222.123
11. for “Alternate DNS Server” type in 208.67.220.123

Upvote 0

coons786c

Feb 23, 2007
Port Saint Lucie
✟9,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
1. go to control panel
2. open “network and internet”
3. open “network and sharing center”
4. on the left side, click on “change adapter settings”
5. right-lick on the connection you are using (local area of wireless)
6. click on “Properties”
7. in the middle box, click to highlight
“Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)
8.once highlighted, click on “Properties”
to open TCP/IPv4 Properties window.
9. click and choose “Use the following DNS Server Addresses”
10. for “Preferred DNS Server” type in 208.67.222.123
11. for “Alternate DNS Server” type in 208.67.220.123

Thats not going to work I tried that and got around that. We are fighting demons and satan with this addiction. Thanks for your support though.

Upvote 0

SnappleX

Bond-Slave
Jan 25, 2011
Blaine, Washington
Visit site
✟7,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
We are fighting our own flesh.

Read through most everything. Thanks again Brothers!

For anyone who cares (which I know some of you caring Christ-Believers DO!) I am still abstinant from sex, inappropriate content and masturbation!

The problem is that abstinance is not a CURE. In addiction/recovery you learn that abstinance will never solve the problem, you must remain active in RECOVERY.

oh well, one day at a time just like with everything else!

God Bless and Praise The Lord for yet another day!
AMEN

-- SnappleX

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I find that if you are in the bible more and go to church and try to keep up relationships and other interests, then seeing the fruit of that discourages my mind from dwelling on something I should not be thinking too much about like sexual things.

Upvote 0

Scott-Smith

Trusting God
Jun 16, 2012
Seeking God
Visit site
✟7,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We are fighting our own flesh.

Read through most everything. Thanks again Brothers!

For anyone who cares (which I know some of you caring Christ-Believers DO!) I am still abstinant from sex, inappropriate content and masturbation!

The problem is that abstinance is not a CURE. In addiction/recovery you learn that abstinance will never solve the problem, you must remain active in RECOVERY.

oh well, one day at a time just like with everything else!

God Bless and Praise The Lord for yet another day!
AMEN

-- SnappleX

Fantastic job brother! Keep it up. There is a book I highly suggest. It is call Finishing Strong by Steve Farrar. Really good for any man wanting to live like we should. I have struggled with this too and know you are not alone my friend. There really is no one way about it. The best I have to offer is realize you give into this for a feeling and the rush in your brain, just the same as drugs or alcohol IMHO. Find an alternative to inappropriate content. For me, giving my heart to the Lord and the thought of Him watching me knowing He said He will give us an out of temptation helps me. I will be praying for you, Scott

Upvote 0