Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.
  • Less Advertisements! Members see fewer ads and have the option to upgrade their account to ad free!

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrewofthetribe

Andrewofthetribe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232
    Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    One of my original posts from another thread. If anybody wants to stand with me upon Christs return and plead for all of humankind then please feel free to join in my campaign.

The thing is Jesus told me I'm saved, I'm guaranteed eternal life.
    But if there are terms and conditions attached I'm not sure if I'm in.

I appreciate his sacrifice and I have wept for his suffering.
    But if Jesus does not represent all of humankind then I'm out.

It's all for one and one for all in my mind.
    That's how Christians stay alive in a hostile world.
    We've stuck it out for 21 Centuries and upheld his name, I think he owes us some kind of respect for our beliefs.

All I ask is a fair trial that all of humankind may be saved in the apocalypse.

2. timewerx

timewerx tanks for the time!

Ratings:
    +1,252
    Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian Church Seeker
    Jesus will flatly say no.

Human feelings doesn't apply. Our feelings are based on a corrupted flesh. In most cases, if our opinions are even just partly influenced by the corrupt nature of man then it is likely to be in error.

There are bigger things at stake in the Universe and beyond. There's no room for inefficiency, waste, etc. Such would be destroyed.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Wolf_Says

Wolf_Says accompanied by my wife, we strive towards God

Ratings:
    +251
    Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Catholic
    I highlighted the part that I am responding too in your post.

1) When and how did Jesus tell you that you are saved, and exactly what do you mean by "terms and conditions"?

You need to expand on this one.

2) Jesus died for all of man-kind, but we still have free will to accept that fact or not. If we choose to accept it, then we can continue on and strive for heaven, and if we choose not to accept it, then it is no-ones fault but our own if we end up in hell.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  4. Andrewofthetribe

Ratings:
    +232
    Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Then we are just slaves to a God that wants to control and kill us. We are not truly free. I think it's a poor arrangement.
    Is no one willing to fight for humanity? Are Christians just sheep?
    I'm going to speak to the shepherd on his arrival.
    Have we become too afraid to even question a few words written in old books?
    I'm fairly confident Jesus questioned all authority.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Andrewofthetribe

Ratings:
    +232
    Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    In reply to how I know Jesus told me I'm saved?
    I felt the presence of the lord of Abraham come upon me and the next night I felt the presence of Christ, I could not see him or hear him but I felt him.
    On the third night the Holy Spirit washed through me.
    He gave me the authority to heal my self and now my body is healed.

6. DrBubbaLove

DrBubbaLove Southern Baptist Roman Catholic convert Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,284
    Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Don't recall Him ever questioning the Authority. So given He is our Perfect example for how to live right, am not sure how demanding God answer would be following His lead.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. DrBubbaLove

DrBubbaLove Southern Baptist Roman Catholic convert Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,284
    Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Praise God and what a blessing. Praying that He save everyone is probably a better approach and that we should all do. Asking God why is not bad as long as one is willing to accept the answer and/or wait for it to be given. Understanding of the answer could be difficult as we can ourselves understand how it feels to have children who may not always want love us, but we still love them. Forcing our children love us is not something that typically occurs to us as a good thing or something we should do.

Demanding He save everyone. That is pretty much asking Him to force those He gave a freedom to reject Him (not love God) to instead love Him. A forced love does not sound like something we would or should desire, so am unclear how to see God wanting it either.

8. Andrewofthetribe

Ratings:
    +232
    Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I'm pretty sure he turned a few tables over when he was upon the earth.
    He was not so quick to turn the other cheek then was he?
    But is that ok for him to do that but not us? He was definitely angry and kicking off.
    He questioned lots of peoples views of scripture. In fact he rebuked people if they did not understand what they had read or heard from their teachers.
    Did he treat us like naughty school children?
    He doesn't sound very respectful of other peoples opinions.
    How can people think freely with the threat of death on there shoulders.
    The new testament was corrupted by men.
    I believe Jesus walked upon this earth but I don't believe all that is written.

9. Andrewofthetribe

Ratings:
    +232
    Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    He created all life and gave us power over all animals and plants.
    We have spent 2100 years cataloging every species and every nuance of life, but still we destroyed the Dodo.
    If he returns to the great Ark today will he be pleased with our progress?
    I think we should call for a spiritual amnesty.
    God surely has the power to let the scales of slavery to sin fall from our eyes?
    Why let us all suffer in guilt? This is not true peace.
    I say if God returns we want a better deal next time.

10. Andrewofthetribe

Ratings:
    +232
    Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Also I think it's sad that Christians rejoice at the thought of Jesus returning when it sounds like 90% of the population will be wiped out in the apocalypse.
    It's cruel and inhumane that a God would want to create us in his own image and then kill us if we don't obey him. That's not a father it's a slave master.
    I don't believe a word of it.
    If it's true I swear that I will never enter heaven even if Jesus drags me up there.

11. Zayin7

Zayin7 New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    Why oppose the gospel and think you will not be held to account?

Jesus did what he did for all mankind.

He made the way of salvation available.
    We are to walk in that way.
    All are called to repent and walk in the way he shed his blood to make available .
    If they do not they continue on the way of death they are already on .

12. Andrewofthetribe

Ratings:
    +232
    Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I would rather walk alone without Christ if this is how he thinks.
    It's not a fair balanced way to look at humanity ?
    It's old ancient thinking that gloats on the death of others and puts us upon a high horse. We are saved but the rest of you will perish.
    It's time Christians moved into the 21 century and got their head out of the books.
    Christ might not return for another 21 Centuries.
    At the end of the day we were created in his image by him for him, he needs to learn to respect our lives too.
    So we have Made a few mistakes along the way, we are only human.
    If he loves us so much why are we not receiving more guidance from him than an old book.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  13. Wolf_Says

Wolf_Says accompanied by my wife, we strive towards God

Ratings:
    +251
    Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Catholic
    This shall be my final response, and it is to the area that I highlighted in your post.

We have no right to demand things of God, as He created all of us, and if God stopped thinking about us even for a split second, we would be gone. Everything we are, everything we have, and everything that makes us and this world possible, is because of God.

To say that "he needs to respect us.", respect us for what? For constantly turning away and falling away from God? Creating the evil that we see today in this world? What does God need to respect us for?

We have more than "just an old book" we have the Church that Jesus started in Matthew 16:18-19, that is still around, and still spreads the good news of the Gospel. That is important.

We are only human is no excuse, and yet God understands that we will fall away, constantly, as that is our nature. Hence why Jesus started His Church, and gave His Church the power to forgive sins, baptize, dispell evil spirits, and protected by the Holy Spirit, teaches us truth in theology and salvation. We have everything that we need to get to heaven in His Church.

In the end though, it is up to us, period. God gave us the way, but God also gave us the gift of free will because He is a loving God, and therefore because of our free will, God cannot and will not force us to walk that way to salvation. We must choose to walk it, no matter how long or hard it gets.

God provided the way to Salvation
    God provided the Church to keep us on our way
    Through His Church, we received the Bible
    God provided the Church the power to baptize
    God provided the Church the power to forgive sins when we fall or turn away and sin
    God provided every means of receiving Grace through His Church

God has provided everything, we must choose to walk the path.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. 4x4toy

4x4toy Newbie

Ratings:
    +526
    Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational

Careful there big fellow. Not taking idle thoughts captive is where cults come from.
    2 Corinthians 10:5
    Luke 17:7-10

15. OzSpen

OzSpen Regular Member

Ratings:
    +345
    Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus had a very different view to yours:

22 Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23 Someone asked him, ‘Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?’

He said to them, 24 ‘Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, “Sir, open the door for us.”

‘But he will answer, “I don’t know you or where you come from.”

26 ‘Then you will say, “We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.”

27 ‘But he will reply, “I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!”

28 ‘There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out (Luke 13:22-28 NIV).​

There is no salvation for all of humanity in Jesus' kingdom. That's a human understanding and not that of the Messiah.

Oz

16. Andrewofthetribe

Ratings:
    +232
    Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Do you mean not thinking freely and only thinking like other men who have read the same book think?
    This is christianity stuck in the 1st Century.
    If I can not have my own thoughts and question all authority around me how can I ever be truly free.

17. Andrewofthetribe

Ratings:
    +232
    Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Your just quoting from the same old book that Christians have been spouting from for 21 Centuries.
    We've all read the book.
    Just because one man told you it was a holy book doesn't make it true.
    It's just a book. There are millions of books.
    Did Jesus teach people to read?
    you can't live your life following something written in a book.
    You are living someone else's story.
    Christ has revealed himself to me and I believe the book is wrong.
    If I'm wrong then I shall die, I'm willing to take that risk.

18. 4x4toy

4x4toy Newbie

Ratings:
    +526
    Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Leave if you don't need Jesus and know better. I believe I am the most free person ever , I can do whatever I want, but knowing Gods Word is right after a few years I know the better way is his ..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Andrewofthetribe

Ratings:
    +232
    Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    If this is your final response there is not much point reading it as you will no longer be engaged in the discussion. May the Holy Spirit be upon you.

20. Andrewofthetribe

Ratings:
    +232
    Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    How free are you really? You are trapped into a contract with who you believe to be Christ and have to stick to terms and conditions otherwise you will burn to death. Doesn't sound right to me.
    That's not freedom that's mind control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.