Saw what I can only call a "sign" from God. Advice Needed.

hemispheres

Feb 27, 2023
WILLIAMSBURG
✟8,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello all, I am Adam.

Let me start off by saying I belong to a Non - Denominational Church but I also attend and Independent Baptist Church with my future wife.

I was returning home from her house when I saw a traffic sign that said traffic pattern or Constuction zone 4/21 to 4/28. However....

When I took my first glimpse at it it said ACTS 4:21, Then went back to normal after looking at it a second time.

I remember asking God what my purpose in life was weeks ago and received no answer. However after reading Acts 4:21 and the meaning behind it I'm wondering if that purpose has anyting to do with spreading the word of God. The background of Acts 4:21 seems to involve Saul persecuting Christians which led to the Apostles stepping up and spreading the Good News of Jesus to even more people than they were previously. I would like others opinions on it.

And to the mods, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. I didn't know exactly where to put it.

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all, I am Adam.

Let me start off by saying I belong to a Non - Denominational Church but I also attend and Independent Baptist Church with my future wife.

I was returning home from her house when I saw a traffic sign that said traffic pattern or Constuction zone 4/21 to 4/28. However....

When I took my first glimpse at it it said ACTS 4:21, Then went back to normal after looking at it a second time.

I remember asking God what my purpose in life was weeks ago and received no answer. However after reading Acts 4:21 and the meaning behind it I'm wondering if that purpose has anyting to do with spreading the word of God. The background of Acts 4:21 seems to involve Saul persecuting Christians which led to the Apostles stepping up and spreading the Good News of Jesus to even more people than they were previously. I would like others opinions on it.

And to the mods, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. I didn't know exactly where to put it.
In general we are all supposed to continue the Great Commission.

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all, I am Adam.

Dear Sir,

I do not see Saul until the end of Acts 7 which does not mean he may not have been there, but you don't see his persecution until after his appearance to hold the clothes of the men who stoned Stephen.

Upvote 0

Techo

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2023
Melbourne
✟45,399.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Well, for me, I cannot see that Acts 4:21 has much of anything that would constitute any call to action as a Christian unless you take the point that "all men glorified God for that which was done".

In context, God had just healed, by Peter's hand, a man born lame and, after witnessing about Jesus to the people in the Temple (Acts 3), both he and John were called to give account before the Sanhedrin (Acts 4:1-22). Giving testimony of the works of God, or how he has met us and changed our life, is often something that God will make opportunity for us. I do not know if, for you, this passage would mean anything beyond what He has already called you to do. In cases like this, if the Holy Spirit is leading and guiding you in some direction, then you should be open to some other witnesses towards that direction (2Co 13:1).

Upvote 0

Agra man

May 16, 2023
Oklahoma
✟12,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all, I am Adam.

Don't worry friend your not wrong in fact you spot on. Your not alone in this he has been speaking to his church of this he is hinting at something that he is going to do and well lets just say this is gonna be fun sit back and watch what our God can do.

Upvote 0