usa
✟78,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The wife works and I'm retired. She makes enough stew, spagetti or chili and cut fruits/veggies to last 3-4 days. So I don't need to seriously cook for a while. I use paper plates often; sink is clean. Last batch of oxtail stew lasted 5 days. Ate a hearty serving everyday, praise God.

• Friendly
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Tobyjoe

Sep 24, 2020
usa
✟78,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The wife works and I'm retired. She makes enough stew, spagetti or chili and cut fruits/veggies to last 3-4 days. So I don't need to seriously cook for a while. I use paper plates often; sink is clean. Last batch of oxtail stew lasted 5 days. Ate a hearty serving everyday, praise God.

The wife browns the oxtail for a nice appearance then uses a slow cooker until the meat is tender. Then finishes on the stove in a large pot. Oxtail is relatively expensive though, I have to ask for it and the wife will wait for a sale.

I would recommend trying a Hawaiian oxtail soup recipe (you tube) first though (if you haven't tried it already). It's a local favorite. A soy sauce/grated ginger dip in a small dish is a must.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My time saver is eating eggs.

My cleanup strategy is take a restaurant approach of doing all my prep work ahead of time, and cleaning as I go. I have a smaller, galley-style kitchen, so there isn't a lot of room to make much mess. The only cleanup I usually have to do at the end is gunk that's splattered on/around the stove, wiping down the counters, and whatever didn't fit in the dishwasher.

Upvote 0

TheTrueWay

Aug 7, 2020
Uk
✟28,515.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
To save time, make things easy and eat healthily on a low budget I like to do things on toast. I use ready sliced bread made with oats so hopefully its heart healthy. Or bagels are nice too.

I use a traditional grill and put aluminium foil under the metal grid to catch the crumbs to save on cleaning

Favourite toppings include:

Avocado either sliced or mashed with a little lemon juice;

Or

sliced hard boiled egg

Or

almond butter topped with banana

Or

canned tuna with melted cheese

Or

mashed sardines with a little wine vinegar

Or

smoked salmon or salmon pate with a little lemon

Or

Cooked chicken and bacon with melted cheese

Serve with salad leaves or other extras alongside it or fruit after

Edit: sometimes I hard boil several eggs at once. And sometimes I buy grated cheese.

• Friendly
Upvote 0