Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,316.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Praise Report! This happened to me years ago. I was driving over to church at 7pm when a huge torrential downpour started, within minutes all the roads started flooding and a flash flood warning was issued. As I was driving I came upon a road with water across it, I totally underestimated the depth of the water and tried to drive through it but I got half way through and realized I was not going to make it and it was too late to go back. The engine died and water started pouring into the car. I realized I needed to get out of the car NOW. I pried the door open and jumped out into chest-high water, I took a few steps and the water was over my head and I had to swim a good 30 yards to escape the water. My car is totaled and the water killed my cell phone but at least I am OK. God was faithful through all of this, I was swimming out of a car completely submerged in water and then 30 yards or so to save my life (with shoes and clothes on) and there was no fear at all. Not one iota. I was completely calm, I just knew what I had to do. I hadn't swam in years but I was doing it like a pro. Also there were some people who stopped and helped me that I thank God for!

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praise Report! This happened to me years ago. I was driving over to church at 7pm when a huge torrential downpour started, within minutes all the roads started flooding and a flash flood warning was issued. As I was driving I came upon a road with water across it, I totally underestimated the depth of the water and tried to drive through it but I got half way through and realized I was not going to make it and it was too late to go back. The engine died and water started pouring into the car. I realized I needed to get out of the car NOW. I pried the door open and jumped out into chest-high water, I took a few steps and the water was over my head and I had to swim a good 30 yards to escape the water. My car is totaled and the water killed my cell phone but at least I am OK. God was faithful through all of this, I was swimming out of a car completely submerged in water and then 30 yards or so to save my life (with shoes and clothes on) and there was no fear at all. Not one iota. I was completely calm, I just knew what I had to do. I hadn't swam in years but I was doing it like a pro. Also there were some people who stopped and helped me that I thank God for!

Glory to God! :)

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I live in Harrisburg, PA
wow were not to far away (1 hour drive). I moved to Boyertown PA (Berks country) from a little city near Charlotte called Kannapolis.

But it does remind me to be careful, when it comes to the storms around here. I remember flash flood warnings while living in NC and those only occasionally happened when I lived most of my life in California. If you weren't driving through the mountains or a desert canyon you were probably OK.

Last edited:
Upvote 0