Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't want anything from God except to be saved from my sins. I can't be good; It is impossible. I tried and tried and tried. I am so frustrated with myself.

I can't seem control my mouth even though I try. I get so frustrated with school because I can't seem to process information very well.

I am not asking God to help me with school. I am not asking God to help me make friends, which I do lack. I am not asking him for health or even healing from my disability.

I just want to be saved from my sins, and from hell which I deserve to go.

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't want anything from God except to be saved from my sins. I can't be good; It is impossible. I tried and tried and tried. I am so frustrated with myself.

I can't seem control my mouth even though I try. I get so frustrated with school because I can't seem to process information very well.

I am not asking God to help me with school. I am not asking God to help me make friends, which I do lack. I am not asking him for health or even healing from my disability.

Seems to me you're already saved from your sins :).

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

You already are saved from your sins and Hell. That was given to you at the Cross, and then at the day of your salvation.

What you are seeking from the Lord is deliverance from your sins and a renewed mind. Ask Him to help you become and then stay as the new creation that He wants you to be. This is your sanctification, not your salvation. I don't mean to be picky with words, but using these words will help you understand His will from His eyes.

I can't control my mouth either. But spending much time in the Word, and in prayer, using lots of focus on taking every thought captive, has helped for me.

I've prayed, and may the Lord strengthen you to overcome your sins, and bless you with a renewed mind.

John 17:17

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Life is not just to avoid doing sins,
we need to study, to work, to make friends, to communicate with people, to develop our skill, to help others in need (not always with money), etc etc.

Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

I am a man...who loves our Lady!
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let me assure you that among sinners I am the chiefest of all. Rest easy my friend knowing that the price has already been paid. You are not and never will be perfect. The Gospels remind us that Christ didn't come to save the righteous. Christ calls us and loves us because we are imperfect. Pray, hope, and stop worrying!

Jesus, we need you. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, I can't, but You can. "I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me." Philippians 4:13. 2 Chronicles 14:11. May this one find the assurance of salvation. John 3:16; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Romans 10:13; Acts 2:21. May we come to know that You really want to give us so much more than just salvation. That would be like saying the only thing I want is to give birth to a child. If that was all one got, they would give birth, and the baby might then die, or be deformed, or mentally challenged, or in terrible health, or poverty. Parents want more for their children than just them being born. Lord, You want more for us that just our salvation. The Bible would only have a few verse in it, maybe only one page long, if all You wanted for us was salvation, and of course the Bible is much longer than that. Thank You for sharing in it so many wonderful things that You would like us to have besides salvation.

• Prayers
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Abiah

Nov 17, 2017
Pembroke Pines
✟15,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John 6:47
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Romans 9:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Philippians 4:6-7
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Psalm 94:9
He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?

Psalm 86:7
In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.

Bro, if you believe in your heart that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, you are saved. It's that simple. And you can pray to God for ANYTHING you want. ANYTHING. Seriously, anything that's on your mind, anything that bothers you, anything that gives you trouble. There's no prayer or question too big or hard for Him to handle. He will hear and answer you in his own way. You are in God's hand my friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems to me you're already saved from your sins :).
I totally agree with mukk. Just because you're saved does not mean you're perfected yet. God has accepted you into His family, and now He's working in you to make you like Himself.

You could compare it to when you were adopted by your earthly family. Even though you weren't like them at all when they adopted you, you were still 100% in the family. (You didn't deserve it at all, they picked you out because they loved you.) You were accepted to be part of them. Little by little you learned what it was to be a member of the family and to act like them. And Jesse, you still don't look one bit like your adopted parents physically (and you never will), but you are still a full member of the family.

When you accepted Christ, He adopted you into His family. Right now, little by little, you (and every single one of us) are learning what it is to be a member of His family and to "act" like Him. He is working in you (us) to cause you (us) to look more and more like him. It's not something you work up in your flesh; He does it by His Spirit. We learn by walking by faith and obedience to Him.

Jesse, you could even compare it to school. You were accepted to school. You don't know much about it, yet, and you'll probably make a lot of mistakes while you're learning. But you can still say confidently, "I am in school." How can you say that? Because you were accepted! Before you knew a thing, you were accepted! You don't have your diploma, but you are accepted and in.

None of us knows very much about the family of God (Paul says, "we see in a mirror dimly..."), but when we believe and receive Christ, He saves us, and we are accepted and in. He begins to teach us His ways. We waddle like toddlers, stumble and fall, and make a lot of mistakes, but we are still accepted and in His family, and God is our Father. None of us will be perfected until we see Him
(1 John 3:2).

One of the most frustrating things a believer can do is try to "get saved" when they already are. I wonder what would happen if every time you got frustrated with yourself, you looked up and said, "Thank you, Jesus, for saving me and adopting me into Your family. I don't deserve it, but I know You love me. Thank You for working in me by Your Spirit to make me like You. Help me to to be thankful and to keep my eyes looking up to Your love and Your power working in me instead of always looking down on my weaknesses.

God bless you, Jesse. :)

Upvote 0