NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. I don't follow the old law and I wouldn't say I follow a new law because I don't know that there is a new law. Where do you find that we are saved in order to follow the law?

Greatest command: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your strenght.

John 14:15

If you love me, you will obey what I command.

Jeremiah 31:33

33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time," declares the LORD.
"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

God places His Law in our hearts and minds when we become His. We then follow the Law out of love for Him, not out of fear of damnation and eternal separation and death.

Upvote 0

heapshake

The Great Pumpkin
Mar 11, 2002
Missouri
✟760.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that suppose to show that we are saved so we can follow the law? I guess I don't see what you are getting at.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your statement

I'm saved by grace, to follow the Law.
I take that as "I'm saved so I can follow the law" or "the reason I'm saved is so I can follow the law."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that suppose to show that we are saved so we can follow the law? I guess I don't see what you are getting at.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your statement

I take that as "I'm saved so I can follow the law" or "the reason I'm saved is so I can follow the law."

I apologise if what I posted wasn't clear.

When we are saved, God will make us into people who are exactly like Christ, and we will live our lives the way God wants us to live. The way we are to live is contained in the Law. That is what I'm saying...

Upvote 0

healingrainbow

May 23, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟15,439.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
We should obey the laws, and yeah we do make mistakes but that's where grace comes in. I think grace comes first and then the law. You gotta at least try your best, always try your best to obey God. If you fail, God will give you grace and wisdom so that you will go one step closer to be holy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Because the law was the guardian UNTIL Christ's death so of course the OT would support the law.

Galatians 3:24-28 said:
So then,the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I already posted it. If we could be saved by the law, we wouldn't need Christ. After Christ - the law is there to show us we need Christ.

The Law reveals what is sin. It's God's measuring stick. You cannot know what sin is without the Law.

You are correct in saying that the Law cannot save us. God never intended anyone to be saved by the Law, rather by the Law, we become conscious of sin, and our need for a Saviour. Once saved, we are told to be holy, to sin no more. God then writes the Law on our hearts and minds, and the Spirit, which we receive upon accepting God's salvation will move us to obey the Law, that God places within us.

That is why people who have really accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, feel really bad when they sin. It's what Paul spoke of in Romans 2, our "conciences bearing witness, and our thought accursing, or defending us."

Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I completely agree. That is the Law and Gospel concept. However, the question was saved by grace or law. We are saved by grace but the law showed us we needed grace.

And after being saved by grace, God writes the Law within us, and places His Spirit to compell us to follow the Law.

Upvote 0