Saved by grace, but whom are Jesus' warnings directed to? (And the other warnings)

bozzy

Apr 22, 2017
More og romsdal
✟16,055.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone! Shalom to you.

So I've been studying the bible a lot lately. I've been praying so much also, that God really would show me the whole truth (and I'm open in my heart for whatever God wants to show me, whether I feel it's easy or "legalistic" in my eyes).

I know verses like Ephesians 2:8-9 which says: "for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, that no one would boast."

For many christians this settles the case, they think "OK. We're saved by grace, then of course it makes no sense that we can lose our salvation by our works, or else, how can be be saved by grace?" And it seems right to me as well. But what if something else is meant by it? I'm not trying to remove your assurance of salvation, just checking if we got it right. What if he's saying that everyone can be saved by believing in Jesus, but if they don't work out their salvation by walking in forgiveness towards others, by not living in sin and etc, they will spiritually die?

How can I really know that Jesus' warnings about not forgiving (as in Matthew 18) is directed towards christians for example? Or His warning about servants that started drinking and beating the other servants of Christ (Matthew 24)? Or Paul in Galatians 5, 1 Corinthians 6 and Ephesians 5 warning that those who do "this, this, this" will not inherit God's kingdom.

I'm confused, and have read SO MUCH. Not only the bible either. Calvinists, arminians, pentecostal beliefs, baptist beliefs, OSAS and so much more.

May the Lord reveal His truth to us! And may our hearts receive that truth.

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
2 Corinthians 13:5 New King James Version (NKJV)
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.

Perhaps this verse will sum up your wondering about the warnings?

Paul, other apostles, are all men. So naturally they would warn church members that if they do those bad things, their conversion and beliefs are suspect.

And all those warnings and what happened to people who sinned in scripture point to the certain judgement of God against them.

Upvote 0

bozzy

Apr 22, 2017
More og romsdal
✟16,055.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks sdowney 717, I get your position- that Jesus' warnings are given to make true believers distinct from false believers. I agree with you that this is a possible solution, but the problem for me is, how can I know it is the right one? What if it is possible to die spiritually by living in sin for example? I'm just asking by the way, not saying I believe it is like that. I'm so scared of being wrong, since this has to do with the most important of the most important of the most important, if you know what I mean.

Romans 8:13: "For if you live after the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live."

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

So I've been studying the bible a lot lately. I've been praying so much also, that God really would show me the whole truth (and I'm open in my heart for whatever God wants to show me, whether I feel it's easy or "legalistic" in my eyes).

I know verses like Ephesians 2:8-9 which says: "for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, that no one would boast."

For many christians this settles the case, they think "OK. We're saved by grace, then of course it makes no sense that we can lose our salvation by our works, or else, how can be be saved by grace?" And it seems right to me as well. But what if something else is meant by it? I'm not trying to remove your assurance of salvation, just checking if we got it right. What if he's saying that everyone can be saved by believing in Jesus, but if they don't work out their salvation by walking in forgiveness towards others, by not living in sin and etc, they will spiritually die?

How can I really know that Jesus' warnings about not forgiving (as in Matthew 18) is directed towards christians for example? Or His warning about servants that started drinking and beating the other servants of Christ (Matthew 24)? Or Paul in Galatians 5, 1 Corinthians 6 and Ephesians 5 warning that those who do "this, this, this" will not inherit God's kingdom.

I'm confused, and have read SO MUCH. Not only the bible either. Calvinists, arminians, pentecostal beliefs, baptist beliefs, OSAS and so much more.

Think of Jesus dying for your sins at Calvary. All of them, past, present and future. There is nothing you can do to earn your right to enter heaven. Jesus did it all for you at Calvary. You just have to believe it. By grace you are saved, through faith, and even that faith is a gift from God.
How do you react to such knoeledge? Do you sink to your knees in gratitude, humbled and grateful for what Christ did for you at Calvary? Do you hate your imperfections that you know you have, wanting in your heart to live as Jesus wants you to live?

Or are you a different type of person? Someone who believes Jesus died for all your sins at Calvary, and you see that as an excuse to be casual about Christ, half hearted about him. You are not in awe of what he did for you. And you keep thinking that because he died for all your sins you are quite safe to err as you like, you can live as is described in 1cor ch6 and eph5. And when you do live like that, your conscience doesn't seer you, you are indifferent to such sin.

Which of those two types of people are you?

If you are the first type. If you hate your imperfections/ sin, by grace ye are saved and kept.
But if you are the second type, the warnings of 1cor 6 & gal5 are for you

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

We are not saved by believing that Jesus existed and that Jesus is saving us..

We are saved because we believe Jesus ( meaning we believe what he said /His teachings) And by trusting 100% that we are Redeemed saved by the Atonement He secured to cover all our transgressions by His death and resurrection...

A lot of people believe Jesus and call Him Lord. But many of them selectively believe Jesus on one issue but at the same time they rebel against other teachings of Jesus.. Some of them kind of agree that they are saved by the Atonement of Jesus but they add their own efforts at sin avoidance and doing religious works and doing good works to the Mix and come up with a blended Their Works plus the Atonement of Jesus = Salvation.

We are saved 100% By what Jesus did for us and all our works are as filthy rags to God.. To think that our pathetic attempts at works can somehow secure for us eternal life in Gods perfect eternal existence is a mocking joke, a bad joke.. But the pure Work of the sinless LORD Jesus Christ can and does totally save us if we believe and trust in His gift totally..

Read the Next verse carefully hear what these people put forward as their justification to enter into eternal life with our LORD Jesus Christ..

Jesus said:
Matthew 7: KJV

22 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? {23} And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

These people certainly believed in Jesus in their life times and where religious but they did not rely 100% on what Jesus did to save them.. They where relying on the wonderful Works they performed on earth to obtain for them justification to enter into the eternal kingdom of God..

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

bozzy

Apr 22, 2017
More og romsdal
✟16,055.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Think of Jesus dying for your sins at Calvary. All of them, past, present and future. There is nothing you can do to earn your right to enter heaven. Jesus did it all for you at Calvary. You just have to believe it. By grace you are saved, through faith, and even that faith is a gift from God.
How do you react to such knoeledge? Do you sink to your knees in gratitude, humbled and grateful for what Christ did for you at Calvary? Do you hate your imperfections that you know you have, wanting in your heart to live as Jesus wants you to live?

Or are you a different type of person? Someone who believes Jesus died for all your sins at Calvary, and you see that as an excuse to be casual about Christ, half hearted about him. You are not in awe of what he did for you. And you keep thinking that because he died for all your sins you are quite safe to err as you like, you can live as is described in 1cor ch6 and eph5. And when you do live like that, your conscience doesn't seer you, you are indifferent to such sin.

Which of those two types of people are you?

If you are the first type. If you hate your imperfections/ sin, by grace ye are saved and kept.
But if you are the second type, the warnings of 1cor 6 & gal5 are for you

Hi Stuart Lawrence! Thanks for your reply. I definitely want to be in God's will in every way, and after all that Jesus has done for me on the cross, I DO want to serve Him, love Him and worship Him- not just with my song, but with my life. And, yes, I believe in Jesus, that He is the Son of God who died on the cross for my sins and was raised to life again. Jesus is my Saviour and I love Him.

However, sometimes I've struggled with truly knowing if I'm on the way to heaven or not, not because of my faith, but because sometimes I see my shortcomings, and feel I don't live as good as I should. In fact, there are times when I think my lifestyle is rather hypocritical! Not because I am a hypocrite, no I'm not, but I've experienced God's love and goodness and still there have been times when I have sinned, knowing it was wrong. But oh, have I been praying for God to set me free from all my junk!

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Stuart Lawrence! Thanks for your reply. I definitely want to be in God's will in every way, and after all that Jesus has done for me on the cross, I DO want to serve Him, love Him and worship Him- not just with my song, but with my life. And, yes, I believe in Jesus, that He is the Son of God who died on the cross for my sins and was raised to life again. Jesus is my Saviour and I love Him.

However, sometimes I've struggled with truly knowing if I'm on the way to heaven or not, not because of my faith, but because sometimes I see my shortcomings, and feel I don't live as good as I should. In fact, there are times when I think my lifestyle is rather hypocritical! Not because I am a hypocrite, no I'm not, but I've experienced God's love and goodness and still there have been times when I have sinned, knowing it was wrong. But oh, have I been praying for God to set me free from all my junk!
Be assured, by grace ye are saved and kept. The warnings of 1cor 6 and eph 5 are not for people such as you.

• Friendly
Reactions: bozzy
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

What would be good to note that with every warning and judgmental statement in the Bible, there is a promise attached to it for Christian believers. If you heed just the warning, you can get into discouragement and condemnation, and if you just go by the promise, you could become too liberal. To get the balance, you need to see the warning and the associated promise. So, the warning is if we don't forgive others, God will not forgive us; but the promise is that when we do forgive others then God will forgive us. If we forgive someone seventy times seven, then God will forgive us 700 times 700, because He gives to us in greater measure than we can for Him or anyone else. The promise about drinking and beating other servants of Christ is that if we stop doing that, we will inherit the kingdom. So, along with the warnings, there are the promises that give us the motivation to turn away from the works of the flesh and turn to Christ so that He can work holiness in us.

If we try to deal with our sins first in order to reach Christ, we will never get there. But if we come to Christ first, establish our faith in Him, and then from that platform of faith then deal with our sins, we are more likely to get the victory we need. So grace comes first in order to settle our faith in Christ, then once we have done that, then we use that foundation to start to do the works that go along with a genuine Christian life.

• Informative
Upvote 0

bozzy

Apr 22, 2017
More og romsdal
✟16,055.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are not saved by believing that Jesus existed and that Jesus is saving us..

We are saved because we believe Jesus ( meaning we believe what he said /His teachings) And by trusting 100% that we are Redeemed saved by the Atonement He secured to cover all our transgressions by His death and resurrection...

A lot of people believe Jesus and call Him Lord. But many of them selectively believe Jesus on one issue but at the same time they rebel against other teachings of Jesus.. Some of them kind of agree that they are saved by the Atonement of Jesus but they add their own efforts at sin avoidance and doing religious works and doing good works to the Mix and come up with a blended Their Works plus the Atonement of Jesus = Salvation.

We are saved 100% By what Jesus did for us and all our works are as filthy rags to God.. To think that our pathetic attempts at works can somehow secure for us eternal life in Gods perfect eternal existence is a mocking joke, a bad joke.. But the pure Work of the sinless LORD Jesus Christ can and does totally save us if we believe and trust in His gift totally..

Read the Next verse carefully hear what these people put forward as their justification to enter into eternal life with our LORD Jesus Christ..

Jesus said:
Matthew 7: KJV

22 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? {23} And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

These people certainly believed in Jesus in their life times and where religious but they did not rely 100% on what Jesus did to save them.. They where relying on the wonderful Works they performed on earth to obtain for them justification to enter into the eternal kingdom of God..

Thanks for your post Adstar. I absolutely believe that Jesus, His atonement and HIS WORK on the cross- yes His death, burial and resurecction and glorification if you will- saves us, if not, Jesus would not need to come. I know that we are saved by believing in Jesus, God's Son- The Saviour of the world. We are to believe He took all our sin, and then of course we end up loving Him and being thankful and wanting to serve Him when we see how undeserving this grace is! But I'm struggling to be completely assured about what the truth is in some areas. Like I wrote, what if a true, genuine, born again christian starts to live in sin knowingly for whatever reason? (Maybe he was very hurt or something)- well, what then? Can you sin away the salvation you got by grace alone, through faith alone?

Upvote 0
Mar 24, 2017
Houston
Visit site
✟16,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I read the first post

we are saved by grace and faith, but jesus said that faith is dead without works

mostly it says to repent, and to forgive.

and to have faith in the the son of god. who was treated with the respect he was to put man in his place. and to fulfill the scriptures.

but we as his followers are still to do as it says the best we can. especially now. since its getting if anything. absurd with the lifestyles people are choosing.

I honestly don't know if it would have been easier 50 years ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bozzy

Apr 22, 2017
More og romsdal
✟16,055.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What would be good to note that with every warning and judgmental statement in the Bible, there is a promise attached to it for Christian believers. If you heed just the warning, you can get into discouragement and condemnation, and if you just go by the promise, you could become too liberal. To get the balance, you need to see the warning and the associated promise. So, the warning is if we don't forgive others, God will not forgive us; but the promise is that when we do forgive others then God will forgive us. If we forgive someone seventy times seven, then God will forgive us 700 times 700, because He gives to us in greater measure than we can for Him or anyone else. The promise about drinking and beating other servants of Christ is that if we stop doing that, we will inherit the kingdom. So, along with the warnings, there are the promises that give us the motivation to turn away from the works of the flesh and turn to Christ so that He can work holiness in us.

If we try to deal with our sins first in order to reach Christ, we will never get there. But if we come to Christ first, establish our faith in Him, and then from that platform of faith then deal with our sins, we are more likely to get the victory we need. So grace comes first in order to settle our faith in Christ, then once we have done that, then we use that foundation to start to do the works that go along with a genuine Christian life.

Thanks for your reply Oscarr. God bless you.
Honestly I have studied and thought so much about these things that I'm finding it hard to really be sure what actually God is saying with all this. I know we are saved by grace, so in a sense it doesn't make sense that we can lose salvation by our works if our salvation is by grace. On the other hand, I totally agree that people who live in sin all the time REALLY should doubt their salvation, because faith without works is dead faith- in other words, they may be believeing in their heads, but not their hearts. However, is this everything there is to it? Is it also possible for a true born again christian to lose the salvation given him by grace, if he lives in willfull sin or something? What about Jesus' warning about not forgiving in Matthew 18 (the servant Jesus mentioned was forgiven a HUGE amount, so either this was a believer, or it was a person under the old covenant forgiven much, or a person under the time between the old and new covenant who was forgiven much, or maybe this is speaking of an unbeliever whom Jesus of course died for also). I'm trying to know what the truth is so that I can build my life on the right foundation. I really want to abide in the truth (even if the truth is hard). But I know God is gracious though. Thanks Oscarr.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your post Adstar. I absolutely believe that Jesus, His atonement and HIS WORK on the cross- yes His death, burial and resurecction and glorification if you will- saves us, if not, Jesus would not need to come. I know that we are saved by believing in Jesus, God's Son- The Saviour of the world. We are to believe He took all our sin, and then of course we end up loving Him and being thankful and wanting to serve Him when we see how undeserving this grace is! But I'm struggling to be completely assured about what the truth is in some areas. Like I wrote, what if a true, genuine, born again christian starts to live in sin knowingly for whatever reason? (Maybe he was very hurt or something)- well, what then? Can you sin away the salvation you got by grace alone, through faith alone?

Ok i think i need a few bsic definitions from you, because in my experience different people have different defintioins of the same religious expression.. So with that in mind could you define as best to can the term you used..

""Live in sin knowingly""

What do you mean when you say Live in sin.. and what does the added knowingly mean..?

There is sin that which we do because we are weak in the flesh but there is also an attitude or a belief that goes along with those sins::

One can have a wilfill attitude towards sin:: Defined.. An in your face attitude towards God of sinning with a rebellious attitude that your sin is even called sin.. An example would be the sin of the sexual act of homosexuality and believing that it is good to do and that what God says about it is false and unjust..

One can have a repentant attitude towards sin:: Defined.. An attitude that is caracterised my remorse and regret, where the sinner knows that they are doing wrong and does not try to justify their acts or thoughts.. An example would be the sin of the sexual act of homosexuality and regretting the deed and aknowledging to God that one has sinned by taking part in such an act..

So two human beings can be guilty of commiting the same sin one can believe Jesus that their deed was wrong and a transgression against God and trust int eh atonement of Jesus that they shall be forgiven.. Another person can be happy with their act and proclaim it as being ok with God. And if someone dares warn them that what they have doine is wrong. They will react with anger and be offended at the one giving warning.. Both of these people can claim to believe in Jesus.. But one shall be forgiven and saved and the other will be damned..

Upvote 0

bozzy

Apr 22, 2017
More og romsdal
✟16,055.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok i think i need a few bsic definitions from you, because in my experience different people have different defintioins of the same religious expression.. So with that in mind could you define as best to can the term you used..

""Live in sin knowingly""

What do you mean when you say Live in sin.. and what does the added knowingly mean..?

There is sin that which we do because we are weak in the flesh but there is also an attitude or a belief that goes along with those sins::

One can have a wilfill attitude towards sin:: Defined.. An in your face attitude towards God of sinning with a rebellious attitude that your sin is even called sin.. An example would be the sin of the sexual act of homosexuality and believing that it is good to do and that what God says about it is false and unjust..

One can have a repentant attitude towards sin:: Defined.. An attitude that is caracterised my remorse and regret, where the sinner knows that they are doing wrong and does not try to justify their acts or thoughts.. An example would be the sin of the sexual act of homosexuality and regretting the deed and aknowledging to God that one has sinned by taking part in such an act..

So two human beings can be guilty of commiting the same sin one can believe Jesus that their deed was wrong and a transgression against God and trust int eh atonement of Jesus that they shall be forgiven.. Another person can be happy with their act and proclaim it as being ok with God. And if someone dares warn them that what they have doine is wrong. They will react with anger and be offended at the one giving warning.. Both of these people can claim to believe in Jesus.. But one shall be forgiven and saved and the other will be damned..

Thanks for your reply. When I said "living in sin knowingly" I meant if someone LIVES in a certain sin (for example adultery, fornication, unforgiveness, alcoholism) and they know that what they are doing is sinful.

I don't think born again christians have a norm of living in sin (since the bible says those born of God do not sin), but maybe they have been trying to break free from for example let's say inappropriate contentography, and they just give up trying to break free and just give in to living in it, although they know it is a sin. What happens to such a person? Does his born again spirit die? Is he on the way to heaven?

I guess I'm trying to find a proof that Jesus' warnings and the other warnings are really directed towards false believers and unbelievers, if that is the truth. But I'm not sure yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your reply. When I said "living in sin knowingly" I meant if someone LIVES in a certain sin (for example adultery, fornication, unforgiveness, alcoholism) and they know that what they are doing is sinful.

I don't think born again christians have a norm of living in sin (since the bible says those born of God do not sin), but maybe they have been trying to break free from for example let's say inappropriate contentography, and they just give up trying to break free and just give in to living in it, although they know it is a sin. What happens to such a person? Does his born again spirit die? Is he on the way to heaven?

I guess I'm trying to find a proof that Jesus' warnings and the other warnings are really directed towards false believers and unbelievers, if that is the truth. But I'm not sure yet.
What I have found through experience is that where the Holy Spirit in me lets me know that something is wrong, He gives me the sense of it through conviction. If I am tempted to tell a lie, this little voice inside me says, "That might not be right." I know when I did do something that was right against what God wanted for me, I felt horrible about it for days and I prayed quite a number of repenting prayers before I found peace again. I think that when we are walking in the Spirit, we have a sense of peace and quietness in us. When we do something that is contrary to the Holy Spirit, we lost that peace. That alerts us that something is not right, so we go to God to find out why. Often He leads us to the scripture, and then we see the warning and the promise. The path of righteousness seems to have an electric fence on each side of it. When we stray off to the side we seem to get a short of shock in our system. Whoops! That wasn't quite right! Then we get back on the path again. It seems that this happens all the time throughout our walk with God. Where we haven't got a road map to follow, we do what seems right to us and trust that when we stay away from what God wants for us, we get that "electric shock" from the fence at the side of the path to stop us from straying off the path. Maybe that might help.

• Agree
Upvote 0

bozzy

Apr 22, 2017
More og romsdal
✟16,055.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I have found through experience is that where the Holy Spirit in me lets me know that something is wrong, He gives me the sense of it through conviction. If I am tempted to tell a lie, this little voice inside me says, "That might not be right." I know when I did do something that was right against what God wanted for me, I felt horrible about it for days and I prayed quite a number of repenting prayers before I found peace again. I think that when we are walking in the Spirit, we have a sense of peace and quietness in us. When we do something that is contrary to the Holy Spirit, we lost that peace. That alerts us that something is not right, so we go to God to find out why. Often He leads us to the scripture, and then we see the warning and the promise. The path of righteousness seems to have an electric fence on each side of it. When we stray off to the side we seem to get a short of shock in our system. Whoops! That wasn't quite right! Then we get back on the path again. It seems that this happens all the time throughout our walk with God. Where we haven't got a road map to follow, we do what seems right to us and trust that when we stay away from what God wants for us, we get that "electric shock" from the fence at the side of the path to stop us from straying off the path. Maybe that might help.

Thanks, I do believe in following the inner witness of the Holy Spirit. I guess my problem has more been that when I am supposed to go to sleep at night I start thinking "Have I remembered to forgive everyone? Have I asked for God's forgiveness for every sin? Is my heart repentant?" And If I don't find myself sure about those things I don't dare go to sleep, being afraid of hell. I think maybe something is wrong. Or is this how we are supposed to live? Is this what Paul meant when he talked about working out your salvation with "fear and trembling"?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, I do believe in following the inner witness of the Holy Spirit. I guess my problem has more been that when I am supposed to go to sleep at night I start thinking "Have I remembered to forgive everyone? Have I asked for God's forgiveness for every sin? Is my heart repentant?" And If I don't find myself sure about those things I don't dare go to sleep, being afraid of hell. I think maybe something is wrong. Or is this how we are supposed to live? Is this what Paul meant when he talked about working out your salvation with "fear and trembling"?
I'm working through this very thing with my people. I have a weekly Faith Builder magazine that I email to those on my list. If you would like to receive that magazine, the present issue looks at God's promise of peace to His people. Subsequent issues will deal with what to do when that peace is interrupted; how to remain in faith with Christ in the face of sin; what God's promises are those who feel they are weak in doing things for God; how to maintain your faith in Christ when you don't have assurance; and how to maintain faith and not get discouraged in the face of testing. If you feel that these topics will help you, send me a PM with your email address and I will add you to my distribution group.

There are a lot of discouraged and wounded Christians out there - in every church. I believe that the Lord is wanting me to minister to them, and so any other discouraged Christian can also send me a PM so I can include them as well.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
WARNINGS are for ALL...Believers AND Un-Believers.
A spiritual WORD to the spiritually wise GUIDES.
A spiritual WORD to the spiritually DEAD...CONVICTS of SIN!

2 Corinthians 6 (NASB)...don't be unequally "yoked"...living with a dissimilar "ox"
14 (BELIEVERS)...Do not be bound together (in marriage? / business? / etc?) with unbelievers;
for
what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or
what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?
16 Or
what agreement has the temple of God with idols?
For we (BELIEVERS) are the temple of the living God;

just as God said,
" I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM;
AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
17 "Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE," says the Lord.
"AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN;
And I will welcome you.
18"And I will be a father to you,
And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,"....Says the Lord Almighty.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (all NASB)
TRUST in the Lord with all your heart (SOUL/SPIRIT)
And do not lean on your own understanding. (mind/reasoning)
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And
He will make your paths straight.

Psalm 9:10
And those who know Your name will put their TRUST in You, For You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.

Psalm 56:3...When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You.

Psalm 91:2...I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!”

Isaiah 26:4...“Trust in the Lord forever, For in God the Lord, we have an everlasting Rock.

SING:
When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Refrain:
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
"Trust and Obey"...John H. Sammis, 1887...
Scripture: Psalm 84:11-12; Isaiah 50:10

1 Corinthians 2: 6-16 (NIV)...Paul: God’s Wisdom is Revealed by the Spirit
We (believers) do, however, speak a message of WISDOM among the mature,
but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.
None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
However, as it is written:
“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—
....these are the THINGS God has revealed to us by his Spirit.(numbers mine)
1. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them?
2. In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
3. What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God,
so that we may understand what God has freely given
4. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.
5. The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness,
6. and cannot understand them because they are DISCERNED only through the Spirit.
7. The person with the Spirit makes JUDGMENTS about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments,
for,
“Who has known the MIND of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”

• Useful
Upvote 0

bozzy

Apr 22, 2017
More og romsdal
✟16,055.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
WARNINGS are for ALL...Believers AND Un-Believers.
A spiritual WORD to the spiritually wise GUIDES.
A spiritual WORD to the spiritually DEAD...CONVICTS of SIN!

2 Corinthians 6 (NASB)...don't be unequally "yoked"...living with a dissimilar "ox"
14 (BELIEVERS)...Do not be bound together (in marriage? / business? / etc?) with unbelievers;
for
what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or
what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?
16 Or
what agreement has the temple of God with idols?
For we (BELIEVERS) are the temple of the living God;

just as God said,
" I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM;
AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
17 "Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE," says the Lord.
"AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN;
And I will welcome you.
18"And I will be a father to you,
And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,"....Says the Lord Almighty.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (all NASB)
TRUST in the Lord with all your heart (SOUL/SPIRIT)
And do not lean on your own understanding. (mind/reasoning)
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And
He will make your paths straight.

Psalm 9:10
And those who know Your name will put their TRUST in You, For You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.

Psalm 56:3...When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You.

Psalm 91:2...I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!”

Isaiah 26:4...“Trust in the Lord forever, For in God the Lord, we have an everlasting Rock.

SING:
When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Refrain:
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
"Trust and Obey"...John H. Sammis, 1887...
Scripture: Psalm 84:11-12; Isaiah 50:10

1 Corinthians 2: 6-16 (NIV)...Paul: God’s Wisdom is Revealed by the Spirit
We (believers) do, however, speak a message of WISDOM among the mature,
but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.
None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
However, as it is written:
“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—
....these are the THINGS God has revealed to us by his Spirit.(numbers mine)
1. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them?
2. In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
3. What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God,
so that we may understand what God has freely given
4. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.
5. The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness,
6. and cannot understand them because they are DISCERNED only through the Spirit.
7. The person with the Spirit makes JUDGMENTS about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments,
for,
“Who has known the MIND of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”
Thanks Ron Gurley. God bless you.

Upvote 0