Sep 18, 2010
✟877,129.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If what God gave us can be lost? Then we were never really saved to begin with.

God is not auditioning us for salvation.

grace and peace....

Ah, I see ... I'll have to think about my answer. It's late here. Time for sleep. God bless!

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟877,129.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If what God gave us can be lost? Then we were never really saved to begin with.

God is not auditioning us for salvation.

grace and peace....

Three reasons I don't believe in perserverance of the saints:

1. Paul warns Christians from living in sin and encouraging them to run the race til the end.

2. There are passages mentioning Christians leaving faith.

3. Lastly, from personal experience.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Three reasons I don't believe in perserverance of the saints:

1. Paul warns Christians from living in sin and encouraging them to run the race til the end.

2. There are passages mentioning Christians leaving faith.

3. Lastly, from personal experience.

When Jesus warned? Those who endure to the end will be saved? Jesus was speaking to Jews according to what the Jews could understand about their future as a people. In context, Jesus was telling Jews (no Christianity around yet) that those Jews who endure to the end of the seven year Tribulation will be saved and enter into the Millennium reign on earth!

Stupidity has always been with the Church. False doctrine is not a new invention for just today. Those who started the notion that Christians must endure to the end did not understand what the Scriptures teach. It became a cruel taskmaster type teaching. It brings on depression where God wants us to have joy.

"Endure to the end." - Jesus was speaking Jewish prophesy TO JEWS, involving Jews who will be alive during the Tribulation. They must endure to the end of the Tribulation as to enter into the joyous Millennium reign of Christ on earth. It will be great motivation for them during the most horrific time in history.. knowing that soon the Lord will be returning!

"Enduring to the end"
was speaking in reference to enduring the seven year Tribulation (when Christians will have been removed from the earth by the Rapture). For, God will be working once again through the Jews to reach mankind! That is why we read about God raising up 144,000 Jewish evangelists during the Tribulation.

It will be a short seven year return to the Jewish age. We Christians in the mean time will be in Heaven being prepared by the Lord for reigning with Christ upon His return to earth. Its also why Satan is driven to kill all Jews now, so the prophecy can not be fulfilled. There is a real reason for antisemitism. Satan wants to prevent prophesy from coming to pass. For if he can prove God a liar? He can walk free of the Lake of Fire. That is why the hatred for Jews is so insane. Satan wants to escape his execution!

Some of the old theology has terrible errors in it. Some here worship them as they could do no wrong. Its the Word of God that exposes and sheds light on what we are to believe. Too much sentimental and nostalgic theology lovers, and not enough discovering what is needed to be known for us at this time in history.

grace and peace!

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(Luke:15 / 16:19-31)(Gal. 5:4)(Heb.10:26-31)(2Peter 2:20-22)(1Cor.9:27)(Rev.3:5) All teach the saved can be lost eternally if they do not repent. (Luke 13:3 ; 17:3,4)

Heb.10:26-31?

"If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."
Heb 10:26-31

Hebrews was written to whom? To the Jews. Jews living in Jerusalem. Both Jewish believers and about the unbelievers.

Why did it say this?....

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left."

Certain Jews were refusing to believe in Jesus. They were still depending upon the animal sacrifices for the forgiveness of their sins. They were told the truth about the blood of Christ. They deliberately sinned by continuing to refuse to believe, and instead, insisted that the blood of animals was what God desired. ( no sacrifice for sins is left." )

It had nothing to do with losing one's salvation. It was about refusing to believe the knowledge of the Cross that brings salvation.

Remember! That was written to a Jewish audience. Jews who lived in a culture encased in the Law of Moses. They thought and lived by the Law all day long. Those spoken about stubbornly refused to believe that there is no other SACRIFICE other than the Cross. They deliberately continued sinning by offering animal blood at the Temple to save them.

Its why God had the Temple destroyed in 70 AD. The Book of Hebrews was written as a warning of punishment to the rebellious Jews only a few years before Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have gone back to "saved by faith alone". Why? One reason was I could find no peace when I had to look at my own life to see if I was saved. Do works matter? Surely so! By obedience we keep our faith, but it's by faith through the Holy Spirit we are connected to Christ, the cross, the forgiveness of sins. Through the Holy Spirit we are children of God.

Tim 4
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; 8 in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.

:ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::heart::checkeredflag:
james-not-by-faith-alone-martin-luther01.jpg

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟877,129.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

When I got saved in 2010, there was no thought of it having anything to do with works. I turned to God for forgiveness and God forgave me. On the other hand disobedience to God mudded up my heart so badly that I almost turned away from God. I couldn't believe God would restore me, but He did, not by works, but by faith and trust.

Can good works change a heart, or is it the forgiveness that changes man's heart? I am asking. I have never experienced works to change my heart.

It's so easy to fall into the pit of trying to earn salvation. If it's all about forgiveness, we become humble. It's easy to get angry at first, thinking "so I can do nothing"? It's natural for man to want to pay for everything. When it's about forgiveness, I need genuine humbleness, to acknowledge I don't deserve it, can do nothing to deserve it, that it's all about God's mercy. :heart: When we give up trying, we open our hearts to him, hoping on him, hoping for mercy.

"Lord I can do nothing! Take my life, it's yours. It's all I have to give you. I know it's broken, torn in the edges. Use me in any way you can!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When I got saved in 2010, there was no thought of it having anything to do with works. I turned to God for forgiveness and God forgave me. On the other hand disobedience to God mudded up my heart so badly that I almost turned away from God. I couldn't believe God would restore me, but He did, not by works, but by faith and trust.

Can good works change a heart, or is it the forgiveness that changes man's heart? I am asking. I have never experienced works to change my heart.

It's so easy to fall into the pit of trying to earn salvation. If it's all about forgiveness, we become humble. It's easy to get angry at first, thinking "so I can do nothing"? It's natural for man to want to pay for everything. When it's about forgiveness, I need genuine humbleness, to acknowledge I don't deserve it, can do nothing to deserve it, that it's all about God's mercy. :heart: When we give up trying, we open our hearts to him, hoping on him, hoping for mercy.

"Lord I can do nothing! Take my life, it's yours. It's all I have to give you. I know it's broken, torn in the edges. Use me in any way you can!"

We are not saved by works (lest anyone should boast).

God saved us to do works.

Works that will save us in given situations, when done in the Spirit.

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Eph 2:10​

God saved us so we would do good works. Works of our own making don't save us. Works, when from God, shows us that we are saved.

We in our salvation are declared "justified" by the jury of heaven, when a believer walking in the Spirit produces God's works. A quality of works that Satan could never get his own people to perform.

Why has God prepared works in advance for us to do?

To reveal the huge contrast between Satan's leadership and His own, as reflected in all those on earth who walk after the cosmic system. We are to find ourselves doing works God wishes us to do to show Satan and all the angels what a cheap and shoddy way of life Satan has given men of this world to walk in. Men of this earth doing works in Satan's desire to prove himself equal to God. "Save the whale" type works. We must keep in mind... Satan's fall began with..."I will make myself like the most High." (Can he equal God in quality? )

When God can get believers to fully mature in Christ?.. To cut through all the pseudo spiritually and insanity found in a lot of Christianity all around us today? To get believers to walk in sound doctrine to go on unto full maturity in Christ?.. Believers having a transformed mind, having an abundance of knowledge that opens the door for the Spirit to transform our souls into the Lord's image? Satan then ends up looking like where Joe Biden is today. Poor Joe, who makes the weakest impossible empty promises, who can not even speak coherently.

When God finds those believers willing to give up all this world has to offer? Raising up believers willing to fight the good fight to completion? Then, God will display these believers for those in the world to see. When that happens? Satan's delusion of greatness by the contrast becomes apparent to all watching God's Justice play out to its logical outcome. Satan can not even come close to being like the Most High. Its why Satan pushes false doctrine so strongly. It keeps believers from reaching a place where they can humiliate him and his demons.

We are not saved by works. We have been saved by God to do works.
Keep in mind... Maturing in grace and truth is also a work!

We are to do works that God will bring our way, and in God's timing.

And, those works will be simultaneously used to save us

Save us from Satan's control and manipulations that permeates the world. Controlling men into walking in evil life styles having dead works (political correctness). People that Satan's kingdom exploits in their dumbed down state. Those who are ruled by their emotions and pride which they live by. Not by Spirit and Truth. They hate sound doctrine.

Do a good work today? Eat your daily bread of Life.

"But be continuously growing in the grace and knowledge
of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory
both now and forever. Amen."
2 Pet 3:18​

Greatest work of all works... to submit ourselves to be gaining more (sound doctrine) knowledge from God's sacred Word. Till the day we die.

Pray in Jesus name for sound doctrine for every area of your life. Mean it though. Not just because it sounds like a good thing to do.

Grace and peace...

Upvote 0

Nova2216

If truth is discounted then lies become normal.
May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

You say you were looking for peace.

Peace is only found in TRUTH (Jn 17:17).

There is not one scripture which says anyone is saved by faith ALONE.

Until that verse can be found "Faith Alone" is a false doctrine and opposes God.

There s a very important point found in (James 3:17).

Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is
first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Gods wisdom must first be
"PURE".

When people
add the word "ALONE" to the word faith as Martin luther did they are clearly committing sin. (1Jn 3:4) (Deut.4:2) (1Cor.4:6) (Rev.22:1.19)

When truth is polluted (or changed) truth no longer has no saving power. (1Tim. 4:1-4) (2Tim. 4:1-4)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are not saved by works (lest anyone should boast).

God saved us to do works.

Works that will save us in given situations, when done in the Spirit.

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Eph 2:10​

God saved us so we would do good works. Works of our own making don't save us. Works, when from God, shows us that we are saved.

We in our salvation are declared "justified" by the jury of heaven, when a believer walking in the Spirit produces God's works. A quality of works that Satan could never get his own people to perform.

Why has God prepared works in advance for us to do?

To reveal the huge contrast between Satan's leadership and His own, as reflected in all those on earth who walk after the cosmic system. We are to find ourselves doing works God wishes us to do to show Satan and all the angels what a cheap and shoddy way of life Satan has given men of this world to walk in. Men of this earth doing works in Satan's desire to prove himself equal to God. "Save the whale" type works. We must keep in mind... Satan's fall began with..."I will make myself like the most High." (Can he equal God in quality? )

When God can get believers to fully mature in Christ?.. To cut through all the pseudo spiritually and insanity found in a lot of Christianity all around us today? To get believers to walk in sound doctrine to go on unto full maturity in Christ?.. Believers having a transformed mind, having an abundance of knowledge that opens the door for the Spirit to transform our souls into the Lord's image? Satan then ends up looking like where Joe Biden is today. Poor Joe, who makes the weakest impossible empty promises, who can not even speak coherently.

When God finds those believers willing to give up all this world has to offer? Raising up believers willing to fight the good fight to completion? Then, God will display these believers for those in the world to see. When that happens? Satan's delusion of greatness by the contrast becomes apparent to all watching God's Justice play out to its logical outcome. Satan can not even come close to being like the Most High. Its why Satan pushes false doctrine so strongly. It keeps believers from reaching a place where they can humiliate him and his demons.

We are not saved by works. We have been saved by God to do works.
Keep in mind... Maturing in grace and truth is also a work!

We are to do works that God will bring our way, and in God's timing.

And, those works will be simultaneously used to save us

Save us from Satan's control and manipulations that permeates the world. Controlling men into walking in evil life styles having dead works (political correctness). People that Satan's kingdom exploits in their dumbed down state. Those who are ruled by their emotions and pride which they live by. Not by Spirit and Truth. They hate sound doctrine.

Do a good work today? Eat your daily bread of Life.

"But be continuously growing in the grace and knowledge
of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory
both now and forever. Amen."
2 Pet 3:18​

Greatest work of all works... to submit ourselves to be gaining more (sound doctrine) knowledge from God's sacred Word. Till the day we die.

Pray in Jesus name for sound doctrine for every area of your life. Mean it though. Not just because it sounds like a good thing to do.

Grace and peace...

We are initially and foundationally saved by God's grace through faith in Jesus Christ, believing the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4), and in seeking forgiveness with the Lord Jesus (Which is a process of salvation that is without the deeds of the Law). But then...

After we are saved by God's grace,
God’s works (done through us) are also required as a part of the Salvation Process:

(Here are a List of Verses):

#1. “Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." (James 2:24).

#2. "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.” (James 2:17-18).

#3. "They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." (Titus 1:16).

#4. "If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing," (1 Timothy 6:3-4).

Supplemental verse:

"...God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble." (James 4:6).​

#5. "And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him." (Hebrews 5:9).

#6. "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14).

#7. “...God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth” (2 Thessalonians 2:13).

Supplemental verses:

(a) “That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” (2 Thessalonians 2:12).

(b) “...and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and establish you in every good word and work.” (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17).​

#8. “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1).

Supplemental verse:

“For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” (Romans 8:13).​

#9. "If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema [accursed] Maranatha."(1 Corinthians 16:22).

Supplemental verses:

(a) "If ye love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15).

(b) “If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.” (John 15:10).​

#10. ”And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.” (Luke 10:25-28).

#11. “...if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” (Matthew 19:17-19).

#12. "And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me." (Matthew 10:38). ”If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? (Matthew 16:24-26).

#13. "...No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62) (cf. Luke 8:11-15, 1 Corinthians 4:15).

#14. "But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God." (Romans 2:8-11).

Supplemental verses:

(a) "Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls." (James 1:21).

(b) “Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” (James 1:12).

(c) "For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." (John 3:20).​

#15. “And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.” (John 5:29).

#16. ”And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.” (Revelation 22:12-15).

#17. “For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.” (Romans 11:21-22).

#18. “Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” (Philippians 2:12-13).

#19. ”Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” (Matthew 25:34-40).
“Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.” (Matthew 25:41-46).

#20. ”His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.” (Matthew 25:21).
”And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 25:30).

#21. “In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:10).

#22. “He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God” (John 8:47).

#23. “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7) (cf. 1 John 2:9-11).

#24. “For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:20).

#25. “Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.” (Matthew 7:24-27).

#26. “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 7:21).

Supplementary verse:

“For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication” (1 Thessalonians 4:3).​

#27. “And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet [Jesus], shall be destroyed from among the people.” (Acts of the Apostles 3:23).

#28. “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.’ (John 15:5-6).

Supplementary verses:

(a) “Bring forth therefore fruits befitting for repentance” (Matthew 3:8).

(b) “And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.” (Matthew 3:10).​

#29. “And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.” (1 Peter 4:18-19).

#30. “For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” (Galatians 6:8-9).

Upvote 0

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Until that verse can be found "Faith Alone" is a false doctrine and opposes God.

Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Gods wisdom must first be "PURE".

When people add the word "ALONE" to the word faith as Martin luther did they are clearly committing sin. (1Jn 3:4) (Deut.4:2) (1Cor.4:6) (Rev.22:1.19)

When truth is polluted (or changed) truth no longer has no saving power. (1Tim. 4:1-4) (2Tim. 4:1-4)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are initially and foundationally saved by both God's grace through faith in Jesus Christ, believing the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4), and in seeking forgiveness with the Lord Jesus (Which is a process of salvation that is without the deeds of the Law). But then...

After we are saved by God's grace,
God’s works (done through us) are also required as a part of the Salvation Process:

What works did you do to be saved?

God desires of us to walk in the Spirit and continue to grow in knowledge.

If we do that? We will eventually find ourselves doing works that will only seem like the normal thing to do. We may not even know we are doing works because it become natural to us. Then again, he may tell us to sacrifice our Isaac in our lives, as He did with Abraham. Lot to times we will not even know its a good work.. Because a transformed mind does things from a transformed heart.

God has ordained that we do good works (Ephesians 2:10). That does not mean we will always be consciously doing those works. Like many birds fly south for the winter? Its without knowing why. Likewise, with the new spiritual instincts we will find ourselves doing things in a new way and give no thought for it... That is why the Lord will evaluate our works. Because we can not do so now in many ways. For many who think they are doing works will be shamed they will turn out to be burned up... "wood, hay,and stubble." (1 Cor 3:11-15)

May sure your works are not "work." Just walk in the transformation by grace and truth and you will find yourself "flying south for the winter" and think nothing of it. The supernatural will seem natural to a transformed heart...

God's work will not seem like "work."

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

When people add the word "ALONE" to the word faith as Martin luther did they are clearly committing sin. (1Jn 3:4) (Deut.4:2) (1Cor.4:6) (Rev.22:1.19)

How did you get saved?
By doing the will of the Lord (Mt. 7:21) (Eph. 5:17) (Jn 7:17).

I was saved like Paul was saved and the Samaritans was saved (Rom. 6:3-18) (Acts 2:38,47 ; 8:5,12,13,26-40 ; 16:30-34 ; 22:16).

Paul was saved in (Acts 22:16).

1. Arise
2. Be Baptized (Acts 8:26-40)
3. Wash Away Your Sins
4. Calling on the Lord

Upvote 0

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Sorry, I think I posted this to the wrong person.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Heb.10:26-31?

"If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."
Heb 10:26-31

Hebrews was written to whom? To the Jews. Jews living in Jerusalem. Both Jewish believers and about the unbelievers.

Why did it say this?....

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left."

Certain Jews were refusing to believe in Jesus. They were still depending upon the animal sacrifices for the forgiveness of their sins. They were told the truth about the blood of Christ. They deliberately sinned by continuing to refuse to believe, and instead, insisted that the blood of animals was what God desired. ( no sacrifice for sins is left." )

It had nothing to do with losing one's salvation. It was about refusing to believe the knowledge of the Cross that brings salvation.

Remember! That was written to a Jewish audience. Jews who lived in a culture encased in the Law of Moses. They thought and lived by the Law all day long. Those spoken about stubbornly refused to believe that there is no other SACRIFICE other than the Cross. They deliberately continued sinning by offering animal blood at the Temple to save them.

Its why God had the Temple destroyed in 70 AD. The Book of Hebrews was written as a warning of punishment to the rebellious Jews only a few years before Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD.

Loss of salvation depends on what perspective your viewing salvation from. Because we are now shaping what God had foreseen before creation and our election is based on those who would believe and endure to the end then there are two perspectives we can view salvation from. We can view salvation from an end result perspective which would be those who were written in the book of life or we can view it from a present day perspective where what we do now and in the future will have an outcome on the end result.

From an end result perspective no one can lose their salvation because only those who endure to the end are saved.

From a present day perspective a person could be on the path to salvation and turn away from that path and lose the salvation they would’ve received if they had remained on the path. An example would be that a person was in Christ but failed to remain in Him and lost the salvation he would’ve received if he had remained in Christ. So you see from this perspective it is possible for someone to lose the salvation they would’ve received if they had abided in Christ. Hence they lost their salvation.

Upvote 0