Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I am baptist. Believe have to be saved thru christ to go to heaven. also I know that is in scripture to be baptized. I have been, but what about those folks who haven't been? will they not go? I know scripture says yes. if this is the case what about all the folks we are seeing saved when knocking doors? We invite them to church to confess their beliefs and follow in belivers baptism. Sadly, most do not. Is this all for nothing?

Jesus said, ‘God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16). I think this makes it obvious that salvation is by faith alone — not by baptism.

Upvote 0

iron2iron

Feb 6, 2016
Tennessee
✟15,218.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am baptist. Believe have to be saved thru christ to go to heaven. also I know that is in scripture to be baptized. I have been, but what about those folks who haven't been? will they not go? I know scripture says yes. if this is the case what about all the folks we are seeing saved when knocking doors? We invite them to church to confess their beliefs and follow in belivers baptism. Sadly, most do not. Is this all for nothing?
You get baptized to get saved, you get baptized because you are saved.

Upvote 0

ml5363

Jan 6, 2016
Tennessee
✟28,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OP.

Just concerned, are your relatives still not baptized? Or have they passed away? if they are not baptized, why not?

One of the biggest reasons I think is bc they have gotten away from church...neither can swim and as silly as it sounds, fear I think is part of it too...it is such a fast process

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Elizabethinhatcroppedcloser.jpg

MOD HAT ON

Small cleanup in the aisle. Please remember that only Baptists may teach or debate points of doctrine in this forum. Other posts responding have been removed as they are no longer needed and would make no sense standing alone. Thank you.​

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

NewCreation17

Jan 27, 2015
✟11,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You must be born again, (baptized) by the Holy Ghost.

Getting water baptized is an outward profession of what you believe,
GOD see's your heart and knows if you have believed on His son fully and would be water baptized. Any true believer in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, would not refuse to be water baptized, if that makes any sense. If you are putting off water baptism, why? GOD see's the heart.

But one baptism you need to enter the kingdom of GOD and to to break free from all sin is the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Mark 1:7-8
7 And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

We need the baptism of the Holy Spirit (to be born again) to enter into the kingdom of GOD.

John 3:5-6
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Romans 8:8 “So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Jesus said below....

John 7:38-39
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Acts 2: 38-39
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The promise of the baptism of the Holy Ghost is unto ALL believers in Christ Jesus.

The Holy Spirit sanctifies you (sets you apart) and adopts you into the kingdom of GOD, it is your seal that you are one of His (Jesus Christ's and the Fathers)
But the Holy Ghost also gives us the power to break free from all sin.

1 John 3:8-9, He makes it clear
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

And the apostle John plainly tells us that those who are in Christ Jesus are born of GOD.
John 1:12-13
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of
God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the
will of man, but of God

GOD has given those that believe on Jesus Christ power to become the sons of GOD. What power? this is the power....

Acts 1:8
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

And this power is not only to be sanctified in Christ Jesus and become adopted into the family of GOD but to break free from all sin.

Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

This is why John can say in 1 John 3:9 that "Whosoever is born of GOD doth not commit sin". Because the Holy Ghost has given us the power to put to death the deeds of the flesh, which no man can put to death without the power of the Holy Ghost!

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Before anyone gets the wrong idea about forgiveness, even after we are filled with the Holy Ghost and sin (GOD forbid) if you have the mind to repent, GOD will forgive you.)

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Finally if you are reading this, AND ALREADY BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST AS THE SCRIPTURES HATH SAID and know you are living in sin, and have the question whether you have been filled with the Holy Spirit,
do this
1. Repent again and ask GOD to fill you. (repent=you have godly sorrow and truly want to never commit sin again if only you had the power.(the Holy Ghost)..)
OR
2. Ask GOD to confirm His presence in you. ( i spoke in tongues and felt the Holy Ghost come in, it was a real spiritual experience.)

How to be filled?
1. Believe on Jesus as the scripture hath said.
2. Repent of all your sins and ask for forgiveness, (truly repent)
3. Ask the Father to fill you in Jesus name!

(supporting scripture)

John 7:38-39
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Luke 11:13
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

You must believe on the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost and fully believe the gospel of Jesus Christ as the scriptures hath said and repent.

Also, give up anything in your life you are putting before GOD, that can keep you from being filled. (personal testimony of a brother in my church who idolized/loved his car way too much, and was forced to sell it for financial reasons, and after was filled with the Holy Ghost and confirmed by speaking in tongues.)

(p.s. Paul told the Jews in Acts chapter 2 to be baptized only in Jesus name because they were Jews and knew who the one true GOD was and already believed in the trinity, they only had a problem believing on Jesus Christ. But for Gentiles, we were without GOD in the world and needed to believe on all three of the trinity, since we had no idea who the one true GOD was and is, don't be confused as to why Jesus told the apostles to baptize in the name of the Father, The son and the Holy Ghost in Matthew 28:19 , this was for all nations who knew not GOD yet, the Jews already believed on the true and living GOD. Some had an issue believing on Jesus Christ at that time.)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0