• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Saudia Arabia trading oil to China for missles

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by SharonL, Jun 22, 2012.

1. MachZer0

MachZer0 Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Those bolded phrases are not suggesting that Lindsay believed the end of the world would occur in the 80's, contrary to what you claimed. And no, I didn't read the book but know enough of Hal to believe he would never specify when the Rapture would occur, but he does indeed speculate as do many others.

2. Grizzly

Grizzly Enemy of Christmas Supporter

+1,615
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    More word games. Why would someone listen to someone who speculations are so very frequently wrong?

3. MachZer0

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Because people understand that the best he can do is specualte. Nobody knows the day or the hour, remember?

4. Grizzly

+1,615
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    So isn't speculating kinda futile?

5. MachZer0

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Not necessarily

6. Illuminaughty

Illuminaughty Drift and Doubt

+118
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Green
    All the countless speculations of the world ending in the past were futile but one of these days someone is bound to get it right. The earth can't last forever can it?

7. Genersis

Genersis Person of Disinterest

+735
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    UK-Labour
    No.
    But i do wonder which will last longer. Humans or Earth.

8. Grizzly

+1,615
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    How about listening to someone whose speculations are fairly consistently wrong?

9. thaumaturgy

thaumaturgy Well-Known Member

+858
    Atheist
    Married
    Seems Hal's made a pretty good living doing that for almost 40 years now. Wish I could find such a great "job" as "speculation" on prophecy.

10. childofGod1

childofGod1 Regular Member

+233
    Christian
    Single
    For all of you sittin' on your suitcases awaitin' fer that Jesus train to come and carry you away, forget it. When He comes, He's going to surprise us all. When He comes, He's going to take those who are doing His work, feeding the poor, caring for the old and sick, visiting prisoners, and bringing justice to orphans and widows.

We don't need to know when the world is going to end, because it's TODAY, right NOW. The world ends for someone every single minute. We need to live our lives for Christ every day, feeding His sheep instead of wasting our time and energy on idle speculations made by self appointed prophets who falsely use God's word, sensationalizing and misleading for profit.

11. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+9,668
    Methodist
    Married
    LOL ... as long as the missiles are for shelf use, I'm guessing the Saudis will be happy.

I'm envisioning a white picket fence of missiles lined up along one of their borders.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Kinda like playing with fire, I'd guess ... Reminds me of the time I watched a fireworks display go badly errant. For a few minutes stuff was shooting off in all directions across the ground.

12. thaumaturgy

thaumaturgy Well-Known Member

+858
    Atheist
    Married
    To be fair to Hal, I don't know how much money he's made off his chosen "career". I understand he didn't always get great publishing deals.

Still, doing this for a living professionally for 40 or so years, must be nice.

Beats having to work I guess.

13. Archaeopteryx

Archaeopteryx Wanderer

+2,536
    Atheist
    Private
    A broken clock is right twice a day.

14. SnowCal

SnowCal 50 Cent Party

+68
    Agnostic
    Single