Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Beating in the face is forbidden, even when it comes to animals," he explained. "Even if you want your camel or donkey to start walking, you are not allowed to beat it in the face. If this is true for animals, it is all the more true when it comes to humans. So beatings should be light and not in the face."

I don't have a comment I can type here ;)

link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307680,00.html

thenewageriseth

Stranger in my town, commoner in my realm
Apr 28, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟27,180.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"Beating in the face is forbidden, even when it comes to animals," he explained. "Even if you want your camel or donkey to start walking, you are not allowed to beat it in the face. If this is true for animals, it is all the more true when it comes to humans. So beatings should be light and not in the face."

Their system is messed the heck up.
Whomever came up with that idea, oughta be strung up by his toes and beat on his feet ;)

Upvote 0

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It is hard to believe that it is necessary for this expert to give this type of advice and that he has to use the analogy of a camel or donkey to make his point. I find this situation sad and disturbing.

Yet at an earlier time even in Western societies certain men used to beat their children and spouse. And society turned a blind eye. I heard on the radio about some kind of legal document from decades ago stating that women were legally the property of their husbands.

Why would a person harm that which he treasures most.

Upvote 0

NiteClerk

Site Supporter
Nov 30, 2005
there
✟49,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How about:
... He should not beat her like he would beat an animal or a child -- slapping them right and left.
So it's okay to beat a child right and left?

What a savage, barbaric excuse for a religion.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The saddest part of all: I have talked to muslim women who defend this! :(

Doesn't surprise me. You get stories of sex cults where women willingly allow themselves to be treated as little more than sex toys and kitchen appliances.
Doesn't make it any more right though.

Yes, because your wives are just like camels and donkeys, aren't they?

I heard of a culture where a man's wealth was calculated first by his pigs. Second by how many wives he had.
Women often get places they don't deserve - pushed down in the dirt, beaten and used. It is one of the larger reasons why I have grown to despise Islam. It's view on several key aspects of human worth is quite disturbing.

How disgusting. Domestic violence should never be tolerated and much less promoted.

You don't say...

Their system is messed the heck up.
Whomever came up with that idea, oughta be strung up by his toes and beat on his feet ;)

Well, I wouldn't go that far. Torture is something the other guy might do. We sure shouldn't. We should really rise above such barbarity

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The back of the hand is the proper way, everyone know that....
About 10 years ago my wife and I were in a heated fight. She got right up in my face and I shoved her away. Her instant response was an overhand right to my nose. That ended the fight cold - I was just so damned impressed. ^_^

Anyway, we rarely fight and never get physical. :)

Upvote 0

wpiman2

Oct 6, 2007
Godless Massachusetts
✟18,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
About 10 years ago my wife and I were in a heated fight. She got right up in my face and I shoved her away. Her instant response was an overhand right to my nose. That ended the fight cold - I was just so damned impressed. ^_^

Anyway, we rarely fight and never get physical. :)

I think it is hot when a woman hits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others

I know the right way.

It's called none.

Upvote 0