USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi SB, I know you mean well. I, too, once believed as you now do. The church convinced me that it is the remnant, the only true church. It seemed like the church had everything Biblically figured out. Rome had to be the culprit and Sunday laws would rule. The SDA church would be persecuted, we would have to run to safety in the mountains or uninhabitable places or if we stayed in our homes we would either have to renounce our faith or be killed. That was taught to my wife and me over sixty years ago. Since then, we, in United States, have had hundreds of Catholic leaders and even one Catholic President. It has been Russia, the Middle East, China and North Korea that have been our threat. We hear little about Rome. Sunday has become the day people take the time to do whatever pleases them. Because of books like The Great Controversy SDAs live in fright all because they have been taught that they have to keep the Sabbath or be lost. Keeping Sabbath is the supposedly required test if we want to live eternally. We were taught this because Ellen White SAW all of this in her supposedly prophetic encounters with her angel. The real fact is that what she supposedly SAW is diametrically opposed to what the scripture teaches. We have given you so many Biblical truths that do not support her visions yet the church would rather accept her writings.

I would never ever again tell a person they are sinning because they don't observe the Sabbath given only to one nation, Israel. It is not a requirement, but if indeed you have been led to feel it to be necessary then keep it. God didn't require gentile nations to observe the Sabbath to be saved yet you take it upon yourself to tell us we are sinning or we are LAWLESS because we don't. The fact is that the Law given to Israel at Sinai was never meant to be salvational, Read Ex19:5-6. Abraham was not saved by keeping laws, he was saved by God's Grace. We, too, are not saved by keeping laws, we are saved by believing in Jesus, J3:16. To come on the forum and write otherwise, well I certainly believe it is wrong. Jesus never told anyone they would be lost if they didn't keep days nor did He instruct any of the Bible writers to write such a thing but He did instruct Paul to write 2Cor3:6-11 KJV that informs us that the ten commandment laws were done away and replaced with the Holy Spirit. Where is it we find the Sabbath law SB? Yes, in the done away ten commandments. Knowing this is why Paul was able to write in Col2 that you are not to judge others in keeping the feast Sabbaths or the weekly Sabbath, they are shadows.

Yes, before the gift of the Holy Spirit it was the Law that convicted the Israelites of coveting and some other laws. Now, as Paul so plainly wrote in 2Cor3:6-11 Jesus' gift to us convicts us of coveting.

It was a commandment. Read 2Cor3:6-11

It is interesting that you now add "God's own voice". That does not mean that the Sabbath law was to be eternal. 2Cor3:6-11 tells us it was a temporary law. Remember Jesus words in Matt 5? 17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. Jesus came to fulfill the Law. According to you He must have failed in His mission because you continue to observe a couple parts of it.

Corinthians 3:16 does not say the 4th commandment that God said remember has ended and now we can worship on any day we choose, or we can worship other gods, bow to images, and vain God's holy name. We are in the new covenant and instead of God deleting His laws, He places them in our hearts and minds. Hebrews 8:10. It's still a sin to break the commandments of God as shown in the new covenant. 1 John 3:4, Romans 7:7 and breaking one of the commandments of God is like breaking them all James 2:10-12

Fulfill does not mean you are free to sin and don't have to keep the commandments of God, the opposite of what Jesus taught. Matthew 15:3-9, Matthew 5:17-30. Matthew 19:17-19.

Fulfill means to fill-full. For example if one fulfills their wedding covenant- does that mean they are free to commit adultery? Of course not, it means they are keeping their vow and Jesus said- If you love Me, keep My commandments and His commandments are His Fathers commandments that Jesus is the Mediator of the New Covenant which has His Fathers laws written in our hearts and minds. Hebrews 8:10

Looks like we have to agree to disagree. Take care and I wish you well.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Matthew 4:15-23, Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, which as a light to the nations, and God's law was how his audience knew what sin is (Romans 3:20), so repenting from our disobedience to it is an integral part of the Gospel message, which he prophesied would be proclaimed to all nations (Matthew 24:12-14). Furthermore, Christ set a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to God's law, and as his followers we are told to follow His example (1 Peter 2:21-22) and that those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked (1 John 3:4). So Christ spent his ministry teaching his followers how to obey God's law by word and by example, and it would be absurd to interpret Galatians 5:1-6 as if Paul's problem in Galatians was with those who were teaching Gentiles how to follow what Christ taught, as if obedience to God was somehow a negative thing.

That wasn’t what I was saying at all my friend. The point was that the Judaisers were seeking justification by obedience to the law not relying on Christ’s atonement. In Christ we have freedom from the letter of the law and Christ redefined the law by exposing the purpose for which it was written. Love and faith are the key elements to salvation not necessarily obedience to ceremonial practices.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I never said Monday was the first day of the week, I said the term “day of the week” is not in the Sabbath commandment. God never said that we must rest on the 7th “day of the week”.

If the first six days of creation were days God worked and the seventh day of creation is the day God rested- blessed, sanctified and made holy what day of the week does this make? The week has always been 7 days from the very beginning of time right at creation.

This is what God says:

Exodus 20: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. No one seems to have a misunderstanding on the day Jesus rose, which is the first day, the day after the Sabbath, which is still a commandment after Jesus died. Luke 23:56

reaffirmed it in Romans 14.

Lets quote the text in question:

Romans 14:5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.

What are the disciples talking about?

Romans 14:1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

Juding, mainly about food offered to idols (which were clean) nothing to do with the 4th commandment

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Another key point in Romans 14 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike.

Does it matter what day people esteems over another or what day God esteems over others?
This is what God says about His Sabbath:

Exodus 20:10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God.
Isaiah 58:13 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
Genesis 2:3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.
Matthew 2:28 Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath.”

This is what God said about all other days: Exodus 20:9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work- which is modeled after God. God worked six days Genesis 1 but the seventh day God did something different. He blessed the seventh day, made it holy and sanctified it. He commanded us to do the same because we are made in His image.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I never said Monday was the first day of the week, I said the term “day of the week” is not in the Sabbath commandment. God never said that we must rest on the 7th “day of the week”.

The New Testament changed and redefined much of the Old Testament laws. Circumcision was abolished, the dietary laws were removed, adultery was no longer punishable by death, Gentiles were allowed to eat meat offered to idols, and Paul specifically said they we don’t have to worship on Sabbath days in Colossians 2:16 and reaffirmed it in Romans 14. I know you disagree but this is scriptural evidence to support my beliefs. These are several examples where the Laws were redefined in the New Testament.
Exod 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exod 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exod 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exod 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Outside of the fact that you misunderstand Colossians and Romans now you are going to say God never said that we must rest on the Seventh Day of the week because the word week isn't stated . The fact that you can't see that is false should make you suspect your beliefs on Romans and Colossians

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul does not have the authority
Paul has authority directly from Jesus Christ, and was personally instructed by Christ while Paul was in the third heaven. When you're reading Paul regarding such matters, you're reading the words of Christ.
commandments of God engraved by God's own finger
Moses smashed those tablets to bits. Later on Moses carved replacements.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul has authority directly from Jesus Christ, and was personally instructed by Christ while Paul was in the third heaven. When you're reading Paul regarding such matters, you're reading the words of Christ.

Moses smashed those tablets to bits. Later on Moses carved replacements.
Not according to Jesus:

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

God rewrote the EXACT commandments.

Deuteronomy 10:4 And He wrote on the tablets according to the first writing, the Ten Commandments, which the Lord had spoken to you in the mountain from the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly; and the Lord gave them to me.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not according to Jesus:

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

God rewrote the EXACT commandments.

Deuteronomy 10:4 And He wrote on the tablets according to the first writing, the Ten Commandments, which the Lord had spoken to you in the mountain from the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly; and the Lord gave them to me.

Matthew 28:18 confirms that according to Jesus, Paul's authority comes from Jesus. So if Paul wrote it, Jesus said it.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That wasn’t what I was saying at all my friend. The point was that the Judaisers were seeking justification by obedience to the law not relying on Christ’s atonement. In Christ we have freedom from the letter of the law and Christ redefined the law by exposing the purpose for which it was written. Love and faith are the key elements to salvation not necessarily obedience to ceremonial practices.

God is trustworthy, therefore His law is also trustworthy (Psalms 19:7), and a law that isn't trustworthy can't come from a God who trustworthy, so to rely on the law that God has instructed for justification is to rely on God for justification, which is why Paul said in Romans 2:13 that only doers of God's law will be justified. The problem with the Judaizers was not that they were relying on the law that God has instructed for justification, but that they were relying on their works of the law instead, and were thus coming under the curse for not relying on God's law. In Acts 5:32, the Spirit is given to those who obey God, so obedience to God is part of the way to receive the Spirit, however, Galatians 3:1-2 denies that works of the law are part of the way to receive the Spirit, therefore relying on works of the law are not in regard to relying on anything that God has commanded. In Romans 3:27, Paul contrasted a law of works with a law of faith, so works of the law are of works, while our faith upholds God's law in Romans 3:31, so it is of faith, and a law that our faith upholds can't be referring to the works of the law that are not of faith in Galatians 3:10-11.

The Bible often uses the same terms to describe the nature of God as it does to describe the nature of God's law, such as with it being holy, righteous, and good (Romans 7:12), and with justice, mercy, and faith being weightier matters of the law (Matthew 23:23), and the law could not accurately be described as such if it did not teach us how to act in accordance with those aspects of His nature. We are God's representatives, so the way that we live testifies about what we believe to be true about the nature of who God is, so when we express aspects of God's nature like holiness in obedience to His law, we are believing in that aspect of who God is, or in other words, we are believing in him, which is why there are many verses that connect our faith in God with our obedience to him, such as Revelation 14:12, where those who kept faith in Jesus are the same as those who kept God's commandments. Furthermore, when we express an aspect of God's nature through our obedience to His love, such as holiness, we are expressing our love for that aspect of who God is, which is why there are many verses in both the OT and the NT the connect our love for God with our obedience to Him.

In Psalms 119:142, God's law is truth, in Psalms 119:160, the sum of God's word is truth, in John 1:14, the word of God became flesh and dwelt among us, and in John 14:6, Jesus said that he is the way, the truth, and the life, so he was claiming to be the living embodiment of God's law, as evidenced by setting a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to it. In Hebrews 1:3, the Son is the exact expression of God's nature, so he is the personification of the nature of law expressed through His law, or in other words, he is the physical manifestation of God's law, so obedience to the law of which he is the living embodiment is the way to love him and put our faith in him.

In 1 Peter 1:16, we are told to have a holy conduct for God is holy, which is a quote from Leviticus where God was giving instructions for how to do that, which are often considered by some to ceremonial laws, so if someone refuses to follow God's laws for how to have a holy conduct as He is holy, then they are expressing that they do not believe in or love that aspect of God's nature, and they are living in a way that falsely represents the nature of God as not including holiness. Christ did not redefine God's law, but rather he fulfilled it by teaching how to correctly obey it as it was originally intended in a way that is in accordance with its weightier matters that are aspects of God's nature that God's law was given to teach us how to express.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 28:18 confirms that according to Jesus, Paul's authority comes from Jesus. So if Paul wrote it, Jesus said it.
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

The Authority is Jesus Christ. Paul/disciples is commanded to teach and observe all that Jesus commanded.

Jesus came to do the will of the Father John 14:6 and Jesus commanded the disciples to continue on what He has commanded.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

The Authority is Jesus Christ. Paul/disciples is commanded to teach and observe all that Jesus commanded.

Jesus came to do the will of the Father John 14:6 and Jesus commanded the disciples to continue on what He has commanded.
There's no way to dismiss what Paul wrote as not coming from Christ Himself, unless you want to claim Paul a false Apostle who taught contrary to what the resurrected Christ has to say.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
unless you want to claim he's a false Apostle who taught contrary to what Christ has to say.

I'm not the one trying to make this case. You did not address the scripture on what Jesus commanded of His disciples at the Great Commision. There is no scripture that says Paul has the authority to undermined God's law. It's not what Paul taught, Paul said what matters is KEEPING the commandments of God. 1 Cor 7:19 Regardless of your belief, it does not change that the Sabbath is a commandment of God engraved by God's own finger. Exodus 20:8-11 The same day our Lord and Savior kept His whole life Luke 4:16 and the same day the disciples kept. Acts of the Apostles 13:42 Acts of the Apostles 13:44 Acts of the Apostles 15:21 Acts 16:13 , Acts of the Apostles 17:2, Acts of the Apostles 18:4

Take care

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not the one trying to make this case. You did not address the scripture on what Jesus commanded of His disciples at the Great Commision. There is no scripture that says Paul has the authority to undermined God's law. It's not what Paul taught, Paul said what matters is KEEPING the commandments of God. 1 Cor 7:19 Regardless of your belief, it does not change that the Sabbath is a commandment of God engraved by God's own finger. Exodus 20:8-11 The same day our Lord and Savior kept His whole life and the same day the disciples kept. Acts of the Apostles 13:42 Acts of the Apostles 13:44 Acts of the Apostles 15:21 Acts of the Apostles 16:3, Acts of the Apostles 17:2, Acts of the Apostles 18:4

Take care

The fact remains that either Paul has full authority from Christ, when it comes to what he wrote about the sabbath, or that he's a fraud who went against Christ and provided false teaching. Which is it?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The fact remains that either Paul has full authority from Christ, when it comes to what he wrote about the sabbath, or that he's a fraud who went against Christ and provided false teaching. Which is it?
Paul is not saying we no longer have to obey the Sabbath commandment of God and now we can worship any day we want. I see you did not provide that scripture because it doesn't exists. Many misunderstand Paul's writings even in his day. 2 Peter 3:16 Paul does not contradict himself by saying we don't have to keep the Sabbath, then keeps the Sabbath decades after Jesus ascended back to heaven or when he says what matters is keeping the commandments of God, nor does he contradict Jesus when Jesus teaches we should keep the least of the commandments quoting from the Ten directly Matthew 5:19-30 or when Jesus teaches we should obey the commandments of God again quoting from the Ten over the traditions of man. Matthew 15:3-9.

Looks like we will have to agree to disagree and this all gets sorted out soon.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lets quote the text in question:

Romans 14:5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.

What are the disciples talking about?

Romans 14:1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

Juding, mainly about food offered to idols (which were clean) nothing to do with the 4th commandment

No Paul mentioned food as one example but also mentioned observing a certain day for the Lord. I have no doubt that if Paul had said we must observe a certain day for the Lord you would definitely associate that with the Sabbath but because he says we don’t have to observe a certain day you refuse to acknowledge that he was referring to the Sabbath just like what he said in Colossians 2:16. Both of these statements support one another. Your position is that the apostles taught that we must observe a certain day, the Saturday Sabbath, for the Lord and Romans 14:5-6 and Colossians 2:16 both refute that claim.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul is not saying we no longer have to obey the Sabbath commandment of God and now we can worship any day we want. I see you did not provide that scripture because it doesn't exists. Many misunderstand Paul's writings even in his day. 2 Peter 3:16 Paul does not contradict himself by saying we don't have to keep the Sabbath, then keeps the Sabbath decades after Jesus ascended back to heaven or when he says what matters is keeping the commandments of God, nor does he contradict Jesus when Jesus teaches we should keep the least of the commandments quoting from the Ten directly Matthew 5:19-30 or when Jesus teaches we should obey the commandments of God again quoting from the Ten over the traditions of man. Matthew 15:3-9.

So what did you mean when you said "Paul does not have the authority", after BNR32FAN wrote "Paul specifically said they we don’t have to worship on Sabbath days in Colossians 2:16 and reaffirmed it in Romans 14."?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Exod 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exod 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exod 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exod 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Outside of the fact that you misunderstand Colossians and Romans now you are going to say God never said that we must rest on the Seventh Day of the week because the word week isn't stated . The fact that you can't see that is false should make you suspect your beliefs on Romans and Colossians

If I begin working on Monday and I work 6 days then rest on the 7th day what day of the week would that be? It would be Sunday. By doing that I have kept the commandment to the letter that was given in Exodus 20. I worked 6 days and rested on the 7th day. Your saying the commandment was that I rest on the 7th day “of the week” which is not what God commanded.

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The church convinced me that it is the remnant, the only true church... We were taught this because Ellen White SAW all of this in her supposedly prophetic encounters with her angel. The real fact is that what she supposedly SAW is diametrically opposed to what the scripture teaches.
This reminds me way too much of Joseph Smith and his angel and the claims of LDS.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

He was referring to my post about Colossians 2:16 and Romans 14:5-6.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No Paul mentioned food as one example but also mentioned observing a certain day for the Lord. I have no doubt that if Paul had said we must observe a certain day for the Lord you would definitely associate that with the Sabbath but because he says we don’t have to observe a certain day you refuse to acknowledge that he was referring to the Sabbath just like what he said in Colossians 16:2. Both of these statements support one another. Your position is that the apostles taught that we must observe a certain day, the Saturday Sabbath, for the Lord and Romans 14:5-6 and Colossians 16:2 both refute that claim.

Thats jumping to a lot of conclusions. The Sabbath being God's holy day is spelled out in scripture. Genesis 2:1-3, Exodus 20:10, Isaiah 58:13, Isaiah 66:23, Mark 2:28 The Sabbath is a commandment of God engraved by God's own finger, spoken by God's own voice, kept in ark of the covenant in the Most Holy of God's Temple which is revealed in haven Revelation 11:19, doesn't sound like God changed anything. We know where this change came as it was predicted in scripture, and it was changed not by God. Daniel 7:25

Romans 14 does not say you no longer need to keep the Sabbath day holy. They are referring to eating. There is no food or drink in the Sabbath commandment, same thing with Colossians 2:16 its about food and drink, the other sabbath in scripture that is about food and drink offerings that all pointed to Christ and is an ordinance Col 2:14, not a commandment of God written by God's own finger. Once Christ became our perfect sacrifice for sins, we no longer make animal and food sacrifice because the blood of Christ is perfect for the forgiveness and sanctification of sins, where the blood of animals is not. This is what Col 2:16 and Romans 14 is referring to. See Hebrews 10

Did Jesus keep the Sabbath in the New Covenant as our example to follow? Yes, His whole life. Luke 4:16, John 15:10, 1 Peter 2:22 Did Jesus talk about the Sabbath would be kept long after He decided back to heaven, yes, Matthew 24:20, is the Sabbath going to be the day of worship for all flesh for those saved in heaven, or will it be the day man decided? Isaiah 66:23 for one Sabbath to another all flesh will worship Me, thus saith the Lord.

Your definition of these two scriptures does not reconcile with scripture or the words that came out of God's own mouth.

The saints keep the commandments of God and the faith in Jesus. Revelation 14:12. There is no commandment of God for Sunday-keeping, but there is for Sabbath-keeping written by God's own finger and God said "Remember" I believe God but we are given free will and I wish you the best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thats jumping to a lot of conclusions. The Sabbath being God's holy day is spelled out in scripture. Genesis 2:1-3, Exodus 20:10, Isaiah 58:13, Isaiah 66:23, Mark 2:28 The Sabbath is a commandment of God engraved by God's own finger, spoken by God's own voice, kept in ark of the covenant in the Most Holy of God's Temple which is revealed in haven Revelation 11:19, doesn't sound like God changed anything. We know where this change came as it was predicted in scripture, and it was changed not by God. Daniel 7:25

Yes the Sabbath was part of the Mosaic law in the Old Testament, so was circumcision, so was the Passover, so was the laws condemning adulterers to be put to death, and the dietary laws, all of which were changed in the New Testament. So quoting the Old Testament in an attempt to overrule New Testament teachings is pointless. The New Testament overrules the Old Testament not the other way around. What your doing is like pointing out the old laws that were abolished or revised implying that they are still in effect. It’s comparable to quoting the old laws concerning segregation of blacks saying that the law states that blacks have to ride in the back of the bus in reply to my statement that the law states that segregation and discrimination is illegal because of equal rights laws.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.