Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
hey i was justing think about when i was in australia last summer at hillsong. the had saturday night church every week and quite a lot of young people went. also recently Hillsong londong have started saturday night church.
I really liked the idea cos there isnt much to do and it gives christians especially young people the option to do something positive on a saturday night instead of pubs and clubbing.
what do other people think?

Kehaar

You're all I ever needed.
Mar 20, 2004
Scotland
✟23,455.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
shout2thelord said:
hey i was justing think about when i was in australia last summer at hillsong. the had saturday night church every week and quite a lot of young people went. also recently Hillsong londong have started saturday night church.
I really liked the idea cos there isnt much to do and it gives christians especially young people the option to do something positive on a saturday night instead of pubs and clubbing.
what do other people think?

Sounds like a great idea to me!

I know of one church in Glasgow(there may be more) that has Saturday night services but I wish there were more!

Astral

Upvote 0

aLx

Gracias dios por Jesús
Apr 12, 2004
Leicester, England, UK
Visit site
✟8,561.00
Faith
Christian
My church runs a saturday alternative worship service, which has only just started off so is every 2 months; next year itll be once a month. I also know of another church which holds one every month. I think its such a great idea. It always is just as full as church on sunday!

Upvote 0

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Coastal church in Vancouver has SAt. night church and it has gone really well. it's been almost a year since they started. I attended one of the services last summer- really upbeat, really fun, really Jesus. Lots of young people, a GREAT IDEA!!!!

Upvote 0

shout2thelord

adopted aussie :)
Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
yeh it just caught my attention as well the way it was advertised on the website without being obvious it was setting up an alternative and i makes u really wanna go - not like oh its just another church service. but then that was the spirit the people there had which in a way i miss the overwhelming excitment that its church and people running in the doors. i wish people were the same here :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shout2thelord

adopted aussie :)
Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i think if the option is there then it will make people think and choose between church and clubs. really clubs are not the nicest places from past experience and maybe given the alternative they would really enjoy church and want to go back instead of clubbing. while i was there i got excited about church all the time.

Upvote 0