fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Generally, if it is in the afternoon or evening, it will be the same as Sunday. I think that this is related to the Jewish Sabbath beginnning at sundown.

I believe that the daily Masses have only one reading. Also, they usually are less likely to have music and have less people so this also makes them shorter.

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Kern:

The weekday Masses usually skip the collection, LOL!

The second reading, between the Psalm and the Gospel, is the one "omitted." Most Churches in my area treat the Saturday Mass as the first Mass of Sunday. There is a set readings based on the weekday schedule for Saturdays, but I've never heard it locally.

Attending Mass during the week is an incredible experience. For me, it's like an island of sanity in the middle of a typically insane work day. I can go to noon Mass and come back refreshed, relaxed, and more at peace with myself and the world.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Oh, well if it's the same as Sunday then I won't bother. I've been wanting to try a daily mass, but they're at rather inconvenient times. 8:00 am for MWF is too early for me and 5:30 pm on TR is just about dinner time. But I think I'm going to try a T or R mass next week or the week after.

-Chris

Upvote 0
My parish has two masses on Saturday. The daily kind is at 8:30 am in the morning. The vigil (the one that is like the Sunday mass) is at 5:00pm. So, if you can find a parish with an early morning Saturday mass, it would be the daily kind. But an evening one will be the Sunday kind.

The readings and homily are not the same at the 8:30 and 5:00 Sat masses. The daily kind is shorter for not having a reading from an epistle (like romans), for not having the credo, the gloria (two longish prayers which are often sung making them even longer), for reciting the psalm instead of singing it, not having the offeratory, and for the singing often being done acappella (no organ) so they do only one short verse. Also, there are way less people to go up to communion. Stuff like this makes them shorter.

BTW, you can often expect to encounter a group recitation of the rosary going on shortly before a daily mass.

Upvote 0

Mandey

PEACE BE WITH YOU!!
Mar 7, 2002
arlington,Texas
Visit site
✟15,156.00
Faith
Catholic
a regular sunday mass, my uncle has told me starts at 5 o'clock on saturday, and goes on through sunday..i try to go to church on wednesday nites, b/c that's when we have teen mass. it's a daily mass devoted just to teens, and the homily is relating to us, and we actually get to stand at the alter during the consecration. man, you have got to go to one, it is an awesome experience!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.