satan's Xmas treat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick,

Regarding worship, Our instructions are found in John 4:23.

Jesus said that we are to worship the Father in SPirit and Truth.

Christmas is mot worship it is a celebration of the Birth of our Redeemer. Yes it has become a secular commericial day but there are those who hold to the true meaning.

You are free to believe whatever you like, We are not obligated to follow your beliefs.

Z

Upvote 0
Roger I'm sorry that you are still living under the old law. Your verses tell me that you are still hung up on old testament rules and regulations.

Deuteronomy 5:1
Moses summoned all Israel and said: Hear, O Israel, the decrees and laws I declare in your hearing today. Learn them and be sure to follow them.

This is one of MANY references stating that those laws were for Israel. I'm not from Israel. I'm very sorry that you are living under such a burden of misconseption.
For everyone else that's reading this please keep Galatians 2:3-5 in mind.
"Yet not even Titus, who was with me, was compelled to be circumcised, even though he was a Greek. This matter arose because some false brothers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves. We did not give in to them for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might remain with you."

Just because one person says you should follow a rule or regulation doesn't mean that it's right. There is a freedom we have in Christ. Please do not fall for the added rules that detract from freedom in Christ.

Upvote 0
"A place to discuss God's Word, do bible studies, post your testimony or share an inspirational story at your Christian Forums!"

at what point in the opening of the topic did this fit the discription of what this forum is about? But instead you came out blantanly in many topics expressing your distaste for many things that people do. and vise versa to those who fought back.

I will leave this topic here and hope people can talk in a much more respectful way. Do not condem those that have diffearnt views. Spite is not good and the words you use i can see hints of anger/fustration/spite. This goes for everyone.

As far as holydays go. Reguarless of origan, can we look at also from this perspective.

When Moses was leading Israil thru the desert to the land of "milk & honey" they were told to smash, distroy, and burn all the statues idols and so forth, burning them all and not to fall prey and worship these other people gods.

turning a holyday that was taken from other people gods and makeing it another day to celebrate God, Christ, the scarifices that were given to us as a gift. Even if it was not mentioned in the bible to do these things, does that mean that they can not take place? Is it forbidden to celebrate in teh name of the Lord on any givein day? does it matter that it happens to fall on the same day of the year/month/week/day? Celebrate w/ your brother and spread the word of God to your fellow man. Do not argue over things that will make no differance down the road. to some Church/group prayer/religious gather could be looked at as a celebration. Whos name do we celebrate in? Gods. What does it mean? Public acknowledgement that God is the father, Christ is our Lord and savyior.

ok i guess it time to get shot down so i will step down.

Upvote 0

rwc109

Feb 18, 2002
meditation moving mighty mountains - more moonston
✟1,275.00
Faith
Marital Status
Engaged
Dearly beloved dissenter,
I'm sorry that you think I am still living under the old law [I am actually as free of the law as you are through our saviour].
The verses tell me that that much of the old testament has not yet been fulfilled -
so I know that it has not passed away because Yeshua said that not one jot would pass away until it was fulfilled
Moses indeed summoned all Israel and said: Hear, O Israel, the decrees and laws I declare in your hearing today. Learn them and be sure to follow them. [and Israel failed to do so, just as God knew they would]

This is indeed one of MANY references stating that those laws were for Israel - and so is the new covenant if you should read it in the OT!! [Jer 31:31-34]. [we have to be grafted into Israel to be saved under the new covenant!]
Please indeed keep Galatians 2:3-5 in mind, there really is no need to get circumciised .

Just because any person or persons says you should follow a doctrine doesn't mean that it's right.[check it with the Bible and spirit of truth]
Prove everything and hold fast to that which is good [1 Thess 5:21]
There is a freedom we have in Christ.
Please do not fall for anything that detracts from freedom in Christ, but also bear in mind this :-

Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

May the peace and love of God be in our hearts, and dominate our discusions, which must often seem very foolish to Him, when He would gladly teach us just for our asking Him.

Upvote 0

rwc109

Feb 18, 2002
✟1,275.00
Faith
Marital Status
Engaged
Dearly beloved children of God,
Can I please appeal for peaceful ,clear ,calm,constructive discussion, we are surely ALL looking for TRUTH, not to assert any personal viewpoint......we need clear reference to the Bible and a view of loving each other even when we make mistakes....lets get on with PROVING EVERYTHING and stop worrying about personal interpretations and doctrines that inevitably must fall by the wayside if they don't stand up to the test.......our passion should be for the truth of God and for love toward each other, not to agressive protection of our own pet theories and traditions.
There is ONLY ONE truth of God and we can get closer by discussion if you will to [and we all realise taht we have already probably made MANY mistakes that we would do well to get help from everyone in correcting rather than insisting on a view that the Bible does not support just because we are used to it.....come let us reason together and discuss amicably, are we not friends in Christ?
We shall no doubt all seem a little foolish in some beliefs we held when God reveals all to us, in the meantime let us talk peaceably and with respect for truth, not just blind following of traditions without Biblical basis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rwc109

Feb 18, 2002
✟1,275.00
Faith
Marital Status
Engaged
Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by LouisBooth
Weather to celebrate christimas or not? Yeah, I can. If you don't think you can and be a christian that's your problem ;) I am not held to those standards..I refer you to romans chapter 14..I am free in Christ.

Hi LouisBooth,

Actually I don't have a problem with being a Christian and not celebrating Christmas--nor do I have a problem with you being a Christian and celebrating Christmas. I was trying to indicate that we are free to follow our own conscience.

I believe if you have the faith that you are glorifying the Lord by celebrating Christmas than you are right.

I don't have that faith. For me Christmas was about the tree, the pretty lights, the gifts, etc.

Terri

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wave

Feb 5, 2002
Finland
Visit site
✟7,841.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by zamar
the keeping of Christmas is only a sin in your eyes. Not God's

We are warned in the word not to use our liberty as an occasion of the flesh.

Z

That's tight! I think that as Christians it's not wrong to celebrate holidays, but we have to watch out so we don't start celebrate them "traditional". Every Christmas, Easter and so on is a NEW holiday, still God is the same! Like Sabbath, thanks to God that our presdients don't have us in school and work on Sundays...It's not to be under the law to calm down when it's Christmas or Sabbath, it's a wonderful time to spend time with God and our friends!

Love,
Sam

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"The point is that freedom is not a reason to indulge in sin in keeping xmas [or indeed at any time] as was being suggested."

umm...as Z said celbrating my Lord's birth and the start of what I think to be the greatest life ever to have been lived on this earth is not sin at all. :)

"For me Christmas was about the tree, the pretty lights, the gifts, etc.
"

ahh..I see..then I would say you don't know the exact meaning of what its all about then :) That's okay though..

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by LouisBooth

"For me Christmas was about the tree, the pretty lights, the gifts, etc.
"

ahh..I see..then I would say you don't know the exact meaning of what its all about then :) That's okay though..

Please don't assume what I know. I celebrate Jesus's life everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terri

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.