Mar 23, 2015
✟35,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I would like to ask for some help.

I have been "Amillennial" for almost 40 years and have had very little contact
with any other view. Therefore, I have no idea how a Pre or Post Millennial view
harmonizes the passage below. I would appreciate any help explaining this passage,
and the following questions, from a "traditional" Pre or Postmillennial view.

---------------------------------------------------------

Rev 6:9-11 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar THE SOULS of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a LITTLE SEASON, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It's my understanding that this passage represents the beginning
of the Great Tribulation. It's implied that ALL SAINTS have been "sealed",
and therefore the Great Commission is finished. It's implied that the SOULS
crying out for vengeance are the previous Saints from the (1st) Pre-Flood Kingdom,
and the (2nd) Jewish Kingdom and the (3rd) Christian Kingdom...

It appears these previous Saints are looking for vengeance because the
"Body of Christ" is completed (all Saints are "sealed") and they EXPECT "the end"
of the Great Commission will also be "the end" of the world... in other words,
they do not understand the Great Tribulation is a separate and distinct
4th Kingdom - shown as Daniel's 4th Beast and the Revelations Beast.

And, from an AMillennial viewpoint (also understanding the context of Daniel's Beasts)
this all harmonizes perfectly - because the Great Tribulation Saints must still be "killed"
and this would represent the 10 Virgins/Horns/Kings/Toes of Daniel's 4th Kingdom
as they are "overcome" and "killed" when their "testimony" (Great Commission)
is finished. Essentially, they are told to WAIT until "the end" of Satan's
"Little Season" (also the Great Tribulation)
before the (5th) Eternal Kingdom begins.

Here is my confusion:

1) How would a traditional Pre-Mil or Post-Mil understand the event and timing
of the passage above.... and,

2) Specifically, other than the Rev 20 passage about "binding" and the First Resurrection,
WHY would we think that Satan's "Little Season" is NOT the SAME time/events
as the (4th) Great Tribulation Kingdom (aka the Revelations Beast)?

I assume everyone agrees that Daniel's 4th Beast = Revelations Beast = Great Tribulation....
And I understand that Pre-Mil and Post-Mil think Satan's "Little Season" is a DIFFERENT period than
the Great Tribulation/Revelations Beast.

I don't understand how Rev 6:9-11 would be interpreted and
I don't understand if there is some any OTHER reason than Rev 20
to think Satan's "Little Season" is different than the Great Tribulation
period and different than the Revelations Beast.

Thanks

mxyzpt1k

Jun 7, 2014
✟354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

"traditional" Pre or Postmillennial view.
Rev 6:9-11 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar THE SOULS of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a LITTLE SEASON, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

:pray: When Satan Sees the "Temple Stones", and there will be many, the "Little Season" in which Satan is released from his blindness commences. ................ in the instance of "Satan Being Loosed before the Little Season of the Temple Stones" ................ Satan is allowed to see "visions and dreams". Acts 2:17 is speaking to Satan, because Acts 2:17 is speaking to a multitude, not to an individual. ........................... How would someone prove that this has happened, in the contemporary? Satan has discovered how to transfer high frequencies between very dense crystal substances. (God has withheld the Higgs Boson, apparently, because he is not condoning the sins of humanity against the Antichrist ... ... ... otherwise this would of been revealed ... ... ... see displacement and reconstitution in our nightly walks, cough, I mean in the nightly vision of daniel)

:hug: The Antichrist is traditionally given no value as representation of the Gospel. When the Antichrist is giving the gospel, "Satan is being Loosed". To a degree, the Antichrist is connected to the "Temple Stones" that marks the beginning of the "Great Tribulation". Therefore the Gospel does not have a multitude of people in view in Revelations 20. The Gospel has an individual in view, the individual is the Antichrist. Where as Rev. 6:9 is speaking to a multitude of people, even though they are angels, satan comes as an angel clothed in white.

Upvote 0

5thKingdom

Mar 23, 2015
✟35,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

with any other view. Therefore, I have no idea how a Pre or Post Millennial view
harmonizes the passage below. I would appreciate any help explaining this passage,

crying out for vengeance are the previous Saints from the (1st) Pre-Flood Kingdom,

"Body of Christ" is completed (all Saints are "sealed") and they EXPECT "the end"

And, from an AMillennial viewpoint (also understanding the context of Daniel's Beasts)
this all harmonizes perfectly - because the Great Tribulation Saints must still be "killed"
and this would represent the 10 Virgins/Horns/Kings/Toes of Daniel's 4th Kingdom

Here is my confusion:

2) Specifically, other than the Rev 20 passage about "binding" and the First Resurrection,

I assume everyone agrees that Daniel's 4th Beast = Revelations Beast = Great Tribulation....
And I understand that Pre-Mil and Post-Mil think Satan's "Little Season" is a DIFFERENT period than

Thanks

I have been studying the Bible for over 40 years.
And I have never seen a Biblical Doctrine that lives-or-dies on ONE VERSE.

EVERY BIBLICAL TRUTH is shown in several passages... there cannot be
harmony of Scripture otherwise.

And yet... apparently the ENTIRE DOCTRINE of some "Golden Age" on earth
AFTER the Great Commission is finished.... lives-and-dies with Rev 20:1-7.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Here is my confusion:

Thanks

The horsemen in Revelation 6 span the 7 years. The rider on the white horse is the prince who shall come, the little horn of Daniel 7. That starts off the 7 years.

The rest of Revelation 6 takes us to the end of the 7 years.

The martyrs in heaven seeking justice to advenge their deaths are them being martyred during the great tribulation, not all the martyr's down through history.

They are told to wait to the end of the seven years; and in the sixth seal, Jesus appears in heaven, sickle in hand, Revelation 14:14, to avenge their deaths.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

The souls under the alter are those saints martyred during the tribulation and great tribulation during the period of 64-70 AD. This included those apostles that were martyred which included Peter and Paul.

Notice Revelation is specific! This is not the resurrection because it is the SOULS of those martyred during the tribulation/great tribulation.

The persecution came at the hands of Israel and Rome as you read in Acts (for instance)...Acts 14:19-23
19 But Jews came from Antioch and Iconium, and having won over the crowds, they stoned Paul and dragged him out of the city, supposing him to be dead.
20 But while the disciples stood around him, he got up and entered the city. The next day he went away with Barnabas to Derbe.
21 After they had preached the gospel to that city and had made many disciples, they returned to Lystra and to Iconium and to Antioch,
22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying, “Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God.”
23 When they had appointed elders for them in every church, having prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord in whom they had believed.

You will see in Acts 17:5-9, Acts 18:12-17, Acts 21:27-40, ...and on through the rest of Acts as the persecution get more as the gospel spreads throughout the region.

The next time you read Acts document all the things you see the apostles go through and look at the list when you're done. You're seeing Matthew 24 coming alive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

Bible2

5thKingdom said in post 3:

And yet... apparently the ENTIRE DOCTRINE of some "Golden Age" on earth AFTER the Great Commission is finished.... lives-and-dies with Rev 20:1-7.

Note that there doesn't have to be any other passage which refers to the "thousand years", just as, for example, there doesn't have to be any other passage than Acts 6:5 which refers to the 7 deacons.

Also, it is Jesus who shows the church in Revelation 19:7 to 20:6, Revelation 5:10, and Revelation 2:26-29, that after his (never fulfilled) 2nd coming, he and the physically resurrected church will reign physically on the earth for 1,000 years. For the entire book of Revelation is from Jesus to the church (Revelation 1:1, Revelation 22:16). Before Revelation, he didn't tell the church about the "thousand years", because he waits to tell the church things until it is ready to hear them, and not before (John 16:12). What is sad is that even after he tells the church things, there can be some in the church who still can't hear them, but choose to reject them and replace them with man-made ideas (cf. 2 Timothy 4:3-4).

--

Note that there are at least 8 scriptural reasons to read the 1,000 years of Revelation 20:2-6 as not beginning until after Jesus' (never fulfilled) 2nd coming in Revelation 19:7-21.

First, this is in accord with how the rest of Revelation chapters 6 to 22 are in chronological order, insofar as the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 will begin with the events of the 2nd through 6th seals, occurring in the order shown in Revelation 6:3-14. After the events of the 6th seal, Revelation 7 will occur. Then the 7th seal will be unsealed and out of it will come the tribulation's 7 trumpets (Revelation 8:1-6). Then the events of the first 6 trumpets in Revelation 8:7 to Revelation 9:21 will occur in the order shown there. Then Revelation 10 will occur. Then the literal 3.5 years of the Antichrist's worldwide reign will occur, which time period is shown from 4 different angles in Revelation chapters 11 to 14 (Revelation 11:2b-3, Revelation 12:6,14, Revelation 13:5,7, Revelation 14:9-13).

Then the 7th trumpet will sound, announcing the legal end of the Antichrist's reign (Revelation 11:15). Out of the 7th trumpet's heavenly-temple opening will come the 7 plagues of the 7 vials (Revelation 11:19, Revelation 15:5 to 16:1), the tribulation's final stage. Then the events of the 7 vials will occur in the order shown in Revelation 16. Jesus will return right after the 7th vial (Revelation 16:17,19, Revelation 19:2-21), and he will marry the church at that time (Revelation 19:7). Then he will defeat the world's armies (Revelation 19:11 to 20:3) and reign on the earth with the physically resurrected church for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53). Then the events of Revelation 20:7 to Revelation 22:5 will occur in the order shown there.

-

Second, the 1,000 years in Revelation 20:2-6 is when Satan will be literally bound with a chain, and cast into and locked within the literal bottomless pit, while currently he is walking about freely on the earth seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). So the 1,000 years can't have started yet. But their beginning after Jesus' 2nd coming makes perfect sense (Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

Third, during the 1,000 years, Satan won't be able to deceive the world (Revelation 20:3), while currently he is able to deceive the world (2 Corinthians 4:4; 2 Corinthians 11:3,14,15; 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10, Revelation 12:9, Revelation 13:14, Revelation 19:20, Revelation 20:10). So the 1,000 years can't have started yet.

Fourth, the defeat of Satan in Revelation 20:1-3 is in chronological accord with the immediately preceding defeat of the Antichrist (the individual man aspect of the beast), and the False Prophet, and the world's armies, at Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:19-21). Indeed, there is no chapter break between Revelation 19 and Revelation 20 in the original Greek manuscripts, so that Revelation 19:19 to 20:3 can be taken together as a unit, showing how every power of evil will be defeated at Jesus' 2nd coming.

Fifth, reading Revelation 20:4-6 as Jesus and the bodily resurrected church reigning first on the present (not the new) earth after his 2nd coming (Revelation 19:7 to 20:6) matches Jesus reigning first on the present (not the new) earth after his 2nd coming in Zechariah 14:3-21. For Zechariah 14:8-21 can't be referring to the new earth, because it refers to a temple building in Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:20-21), while there will be no temple building in New Jerusalem on the new earth (Revelation 21:22). Also, Zechariah 14:8-21 can't be referring to the new earth because it refers to surviving, unsaved people from the present earth being forced to come up to worship the returned Jesus in Jerusalem during the millennium (Zechariah 14:16-19), while by the time of the new earth, all the unsaved people from the present earth will have already been cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:15 to 21:8).

Sixth, reading the 1st resurrection in Revelation 20:4-6 as the physical resurrection of the church at Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:7 to 20:6) matches other verses which show that the physical resurrection of the church will occur at the 2nd coming (1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-54; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16).

Seventh, reading the 1st resurrection in Revelation 20:4-6 as the physical resurrection of the church at Jesus' 2nd coming is in line with Revelation 20:5, which must refer in its entirety to only physical resurrection. For not every dead person is going to be figuratively resurrected in the sense of becoming saved (Revelation 20:15). And Revelation 20:5 means that the rest of the dead (i.e. all the non-church dead of all times) will be resurrected in the same manner that the church will be resurrected in Revelation 20:4-6, but the rest of the dead won't be resurrected until sometime after the 1,000 years.

Eighth, reading the 1st resurrection in Revelation 20:4-6 as the physical resurrection of the church at Jesus' 2nd coming is in line with Revelation 20:4, which shows that the people in the 1st resurrection will include those in the church who will have been beheaded by the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) for not worshipping him or his image, or receiving his mark on their hand or forehead. This refers back to the details of Revelation 13:4-18, which have never been fulfilled. So the 1st resurrection can't have happened yet. But its occurring at Jesus' 2nd coming, when he will defeat the Antichrist, makes perfect sense (Revelation 19:20 to 20:6; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-9).

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
My comment

The "little season" given in Revelation refers to a short time that will be allotted to Satan after his release from the abyss to deceive the mortal nations of the Lord's millennial kingdom upon the earth .... the time lapse is not given, but the result will be to bring down the rebellion with fire and to destroy Satan forever

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Only one was slain Pre-Flood :Abel
and the (2nd) Jewish Kingdom
The apostles were the first martyrs of the Church

and the (3rd) Christian Kingdom...
of the Great Commission will also be "the end" of the world...
Their fellowservants also and their brethren that should be killed as they were,

These are Christians martyrs that were slain during the 2,000 + years including the Christians of today being slain (arrayed in white robes)... described in Rev 7:9

Rev 7

9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

in other words,
The Christians that will be killed during the 3.5 years of the beast reign are described in (Rev 15:2)...
...And finally God avenging the blood of all those that were slain for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God .... the seven vials
Revelation 15 (KJV)

15 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.
5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:
6 And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
7 And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

5thKingdom

Mar 23, 2015
✟35,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. Only one was slain Pre-Flood :Abel

2. The apostles were the first martyrs of the Church

3. Their fellowservants also and their brethren that should be killed as they were,

These are Christians martyrs that were slain during the 2,000 + years including the Christians of today being slain (arrayed in white robes)... described in Rev 7:9

4. The Christians that will be killed during the 3.5 years of the beast reign are described in (Rev 15:2)...
...And finally God avenging the blood of all those that were slain for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God .... the seven vials
Revelation 15 (KJV)

-----------------

1. Sir... are you really saying that Abel was the ONLY Saint "killed" during the
entire (1st) Pre-Flood Kingdom of Heaven? Are you REALLY teaching that?

2. Why in the world would you ASSUME that the SOULS in Rev 6:9-11
represent ONLY the Saints of the (3rd) New Testament Kingdom and NOT
the Saints in the (1st) Pre-Flood Kingdom and (2nd) Jewish Kingdom?

Do you NOT understand that the "Body of Christ" is ONE BODY?
Do you NOT understand there are FOUR separate "Kingdoms of Heaven"?
You appear to understand there is a DIFFERENCE between the (1st) Pre-Flood,
the (2nd) Jewish Kingdom and the (3rd) Christian Kingdom... why do you ASSUME
the SOULS in Rev 6 do NOT represent ALL THE SAINTS?

3. When you ASSUME the SOULS represent ONLY New Testament Saints and
you ASSUME those yet to be "killed" represent ONLY New Testament Saints
(and NOT Great Tribulation Saints) you do so BECAUSE you have IGNORED
the TIME REFERENCE PROVIDED IN THE PASSAGE... the passage tells us
WHEN this (historical) event occurs....

The "killing" in view occurs DURING the period called the "LITTLE SEASON" (v11).

The BIBLICAL FACT that the "killing" in view occurs during Satan's "Little Season"
immediately DISPROVES your assumption about it happening during
the (3rd) New Testament Kingdom.

4. The 3.5 Days of the (4th) Great Tribulation is NOT a literal time period.

The Great Tribulation is shown from MANY different perspectives... one of
those perspectives is FOUR "Watches of the Night"... each being 2300 days.
That perspective IMMEDIATELY disproves the theory of a 3.5 "days"
or 3.5 "years" literal period.

In fact, the Bible shows this SAME PERIOD as (1) a Single Kingdom,
(2) Dual Kingdoms, (3) Four "Watches of the Night", (4) the Completed Kingdom
and (5) the Destroyed Kingdom.....

Before you can assume the 3.5 days are LITERAL.... you must FIRST harmonize
that theory with ALL SCRIPTURES - and ALL these perspectives.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. Sir... are you really saying that Abel was the ONLY Saint "killed" during the
entire (1st) Pre-Flood Kingdom of Heaven? Are you REALLY teaching that?
I was generous in including Abel among the group .
The subject is about those being SLAIN for the word of God and for their testimony -of Jesus- which they held .
Those who have died from natural death are not included in Rev 6:9-11
2. Why in the world would you ASSUME that the SOULS in Rev 6:9-11
represent ONLY the Saints of the (3rd) New Testament Kingdom and NOT
the Saints in the (1st) Pre-Flood Kingdom and (2nd) Jewish Kingdom?

Do you NOT understand that the "Body of Christ" is ONE BODY?
Yep, the Body of Christ is one body.The subject is about those from the body of Christ (Christians) being slain for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, not those who died from natural death.Nobody will be slain for the word of God or for the testimony which they held during the Millennium.
Do you NOT understand there are FOUR separate "Kingdoms of Heaven"?
You appear to understand there is a DIFFERENCE between the (1st) Pre-Flood,
the (2nd) Jewish Kingdom and the (3rd) Christian Kingdom... why do you ASSUME
the SOULS in Rev 6 do NOT represent ALL THE SAINTS?
Because it was said unto them that they should rest yet a little season until their fellow servants and their brethren that should be killed as they were should be fulfilled.
3. When you ASSUME the SOULS represent ONLY New Testament Saints and
you ASSUME those yet to be "killed" represent ONLY New Testament Saints
(and NOT Great Tribulation Saints) you do so BECAUSE you have IGNORED
the TIME REFERENCE PROVIDED IN THE PASSAGE... the passage tells us
WHEN this (historical) event occurs....

The "killing" in view occurs DURING the period called the "LITTLE SEASON" (v11).

The BIBLICAL FACT that the "killing" in view occurs during Satan's "Little Season"
immediately DISPROVES your assumption about it happening during
the (3rd) New Testament Kingdom.
Satan's little season have nothing to do with the little season mentioned in Rev 6:9-11
4. The 3.5 Days of the (4th) Great Tribulation is NOT a literal time period.

The Great Tribulation is shown from MANY different perspectives... one of
those perspectives is FOUR "Watches of the Night"... each being 2300 days.
That perspective IMMEDIATELY disproves the theory of a 3.5 "days"
or 3.5 "years" literal period.

In fact, the Bible shows this SAME PERIOD as (1) a Single Kingdom,
(2) Dual Kingdoms, (3) Four "Watches of the Night", (4) the Completed Kingdom
and (5) the Destroyed Kingdom.....

Before you can assume the 3.5 days are LITERAL.... you must FIRST harmonize
that theory with ALL SCRIPTURES - and ALL these perspectives.
Where did i wrote 3.5 days ?
You mean probably 3.5 years.

Revelation 12 and Rev 13 talk about the literal 3.5 years reign of the Beast (Satan )

Rev 12
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Bible2

5thKingdom said in post 9:

The Great Tribulation is shown from MANY different perspectives... one of those perspectives is FOUR "Watches of the Night"... each being 2300 days.

In Daniel 8:14, the original Hebrew words (ereb, H6153; and boqer, H1242) translated as the single word "days", mean "evenings" and "mornings" (cf. Daniel 8:26) in reference to the evening and morning lamb sacrifices of the Mosaic law (Exodus 29:38-42). So the 2,300 "evenings" and "mornings" might actually be only 1,150 days. These days could have been fulfilled in ancient times, in the time of Antiochus IV. And Daniel 8:14b could refer to the cleansing of the temple under Judas Maccabeus.

5thKingdom said in post 9:

That perspective IMMEDIATELY disproves the theory of a 3.5 "days" or 3.5 "years" literal period.

Regarding the 42 months, 1,260 days, and "a time, and times, and half a time", they are all the same time period in the prophecies of Revelation 13:5, Revelation 11:2-3, Revelation 12:6,14, Daniel 7:25, and Daniel 12:7. They will be 1,260 literal days, just as, for example, the 3 days in the fulfilled prophecies of Luke 9:22 and Luke 18:33 were literal days, and the 3 days in the fulfilled prophecies of Genesis 40:13 and Genesis 40:19 were literal days, and the 70 years in the fulfilled prophecy of Jeremiah 25:11-12 (Daniel 9:2) were literal years (Zechariah 7:5).

The literal 1,260-day time period will be the time of the Antichrist's Luciferian/Satanic worldwide reign of terror (Revelation 13:4-18, Revelation 12:9), which time period is shown from 4 different angles in Revelation chapters 11 to 14 (Revelation 11:2b-3, Revelation 12:6,14, Revelation 13:5,7, Revelation 14:9-13). The myriad details of these chapters have never been fulfilled, not even during a past time period of 1,260 years, as historicism mistakenly claims. But these details must be fulfilled (Revelation 1:1). So they will be fulfilled in our future, after the also-never-fulfilled details of Revelation chapters 6 to 10 are fulfilled in our future.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

vinsight4u said in post 11:

The 5th seal is where the great tribulation is winding down

Revelation chapters 6 to 22 are chronological insofar as the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 will begin with the events of the 2nd through 6th seals, occurring in the order shown in Revelation 6:3-14. After the events of the 6th seal, Revelation 7 will occur. Then the 7th seal will be unsealed and out of it will come the tribulation's 7 trumpets (Revelation 8:1-6). Then the events of the first 6 trumpets in Revelation 8:7 to Revelation 9:21 will occur in the order shown there. Then Revelation 10 will occur. Then the literal 3.5 years of the Antichrist's worldwide reign will occur, which time period is shown from 4 different angles in Revelation chapters 11 to 14 (Revelation 11:2b-3, Revelation 12:6,14, Revelation 13:5,7, Revelation 14:9-13).

Then the 7th trumpet will sound, announcing the legal end of the Antichrist's reign (Revelation 11:15). Out of the 7th trumpet's heavenly-temple opening will come the 7 plagues of the 7 vials (Revelation 11:19, Revelation 15:5 to 16:1), the tribulation's final stage. Then the events of the 7 vials will occur in the order shown in Revelation 16. Jesus will return right after the 7th vial (Revelation 16:17,19, Revelation 19:2-21), and he will marry the church at that time (Revelation 19:7). Then he will defeat the world's armies (Revelation 19:11 to 20:3) and reign on the earth with the physically resurrected church for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53). Then the events of Revelation 20:7 to Revelation 22:5 will occur in the order shown there.

vinsight4u said in post 11:

and the 6th seal is when the stars of heaven fall - showing
that the great tribulation is over.

Revelation 6:12-13 and Matthew 24:29-31 are 2 different sets of events. For Revelation 6:12-13 will occur during only the first stage of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, whereas Matthew 24:29-31 (like Revelation 19:7-21, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, and 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17) will occur immediately after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29). Also, when Revelation 6:12-13 occurs, the moon's light will appear blood-red, whereas when Matthew 24:29 occurs, the moon's light won't be seen at all. There will also be one point between the time of Revelation 6:12-13 and the time of Matthew 24:29 when the moon's light temporarily won't be seen at all, during 1/3 of the night (Revelation 8:12).

Also, the sun temporarily appearing to be darkened in Revelation 6:12-13 will be only the first time during the tribulation that something like that will happen. For it will happen again during the 4th trumpet (part of the tribulation's 2nd stage), for 1/3 of the day (Revelation 8:12), and then again during the 5th trumpet (Revelation 9:2), and then again during the 5th vial (Revelation 16:10), part of the tribulation's 4th and final stage, the 3rd stage being the literal 3.5-year time period of the Antichrist's worldwide reign (which time period is shown from 4 different angles in Revelation chapters 11 to 14). Also, what will appear like "stars" falling from the sky in Revelation 6:12-13 will be only the first time during the tribulation that something like that will happen. For subsequently, during the 3rd trumpet, what will appear like a star will fall from the sky (Revelation 8:10-11), and then again during the 5th trumpet (Revelation 9:1). And then again, mid-tribulation, what will appear like stars will descend from the sky (Revelation 12:4).

--

The 6th seal (Revelation 6:12-14) could be fulfilled in our future by a huge volcanic eruption (possibly of the Yellowstone Caldera) which will occur during only the first stage of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24. This eruption could begin with a large earthquake (Revelation 6:12), signaling the sudden rising of magma within the volcano. When it erupts, it could shoot so much ash and smoke into the sky that the sun will appear darkened and the moon blood-red (Revelation 6:12b), like happens during large forest fires. The volcano could also shoot blobs of red-hot magma into the sky, which as they fall back down could appear like falling stars (Revelation 6:13). And it could shoot so much super-heated ash and smoke so high and so quickly into the sky that they could form a gigantic mushroom cloud which will make the sky (the 1st heaven) look like a scroll being rolled up (Revelation 6:14). Earthquakes connected with the eruption could be so large that they set off a chain reaction of other earthquakes in nearby faults and volcanoes, which could set off even more earthquakes further away, and so on, so that earthquakes will end up affecting every mountain and island, moving each of their positions at least a little bit (Revelation 6:14b).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I have been studying the Bible for over 40 years.
And I have never seen a Biblical Doctrine that lives-or-dies on ONE VERSE.

EVERY BIBLICAL TRUTH is shown in several passages... there cannot be
harmony of Scripture otherwise.

And yet... apparently the ENTIRE DOCTRINE of some "Golden Age" on earth
AFTER the Great Commission is finished.... lives-and-dies with Rev 20:1-7.

I believe the shot season was from 70-135 Ad in fulfillment of Is 7:8.
The fifth kingdom is humanity mixed with the absolute rule of the law of faith in, and the truths of; Christ. It is not however in the catholic domiinionism nor the protestant/futurist views.

The kingdom of God/Jesus -Good is within us.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Notrash said in post 17:

The kingdom of God/Jesus -Good is within us.

Presently, the kingdom of God is in heaven (2 Timothy 4:18, Hebrews 12:22-24), and is on the earth spiritually within Christians (Romans 14:17, Luke 17:21). But in the future, the kingdom will come fully upon the earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10). It will also be physically (Luke 22:30, Matthew 19:28) on the earth (Revelation 5:10), first during the future millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 2:26-29, Psalms 66:3-4, Psalms 72:8-11, Zechariah 14:3-21), and then on the new earth (Revelation 21:1-8).

Jesus' kingdom is Israel (John 1:49, John 12:13-15, John 19:19, Luke 22:30). And at Jesus' 2nd coming, he will sit on the earthly throne of David (Luke 1:32-33, Isaiah 9:7), and restore the kingdom to Israel (Acts 1:6-7, Acts 3:20-21). Jesus is, in his humanity, the son of David (Matthew 1:1, Matthew 21:15-16, Romans 1:3), of the house of David (Luke 1:69). So at Jesus' 2nd coming, he will restore the tabernacle, the house, of David (Isaiah 16:5, Amos 9:11) to its royal glory (2 Samuel 5:12), which it had lost (2 Kings 17:21a). And Jesus will fulfill the prophecy and prayer of 2 Samuel 7:16-29. And he will bring salvation to all the still-living, unbelieving elect Jews of the house of David. For they (along with all other still-living, unbelieving elect Jews) will come into faith in him when they see him at his 2nd coming (Zechariah 12:10-14, Zechariah 13:1,6, Romans 11:26-31). And so they will all become part of the church at that time, for now there are no believers outside of the church (Ephesians 4:4-6).

After Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:7 to 20:3, Zechariah 14:3-5) will occur the millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Zechariah 14:8-21), during which time the Gentile nations will come to seek the returned Jesus ruling the whole earth (Zechariah 8:22, Zechariah 14:9, Psalms 72:8-11) on the restored throne of David (Isaiah 9:7) in the earthly Jerusalem (Isaiah 2:1-4, Zechariah 14:8-11,16-19). And the physically resurrected church will reign on the earth with Jesus during the millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29). For the church is Israel (Romans 11:1,17,24, Ephesians 2:12,19, Galatians 3:29, Revelation 21:9,12; 1 Peter 2:9-10).

Upvote 0