jbarcher

ANE Social Science Researcher
Aug 25, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
✟10,136.00
Faith
Christian
CC:

Ever considered what Christ does? Takes away the old and replaces with the new. I ask that you consider the depth behind my simple statement.

I could certainly complain and whine about you not answering any of the questions I posed. Please remind yourself why you are posting what you choose to, and if it does not promote good, then reconsider it.

We are brothers in Christ, are we not? We have greater things to deal with, do we not? Please, let us not squabble in unimportant things but rather strive as one family towards one goal.

Reactions: BarbB
Upvote 0

Jesus-is-the-1

Got no doubt, boss
Dec 5, 2003
Florida
✟15,341.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Although I don't exactly agree with the program and the way they portrayed all the misfortunes, the number simply refers to Nelson's prison number. I don't think it was symbolic of anything else. He did not get to pick his prison number.
christianbeginning said:
ICXC_NIKA said:
Nelson Mandela and Bono from U2 and many other singers made a show
called 46664 . Which means For (4) 666.
It is supposed to be against AIDS.
Nelson Mandela was dressed in all black .
they even got a website where they are selling songs !
[/QUOTE

If the first "4" means "for", and "666" means the usual thing, what does the last "4" mean?

Upvote 0

Axver

Dreaming on a railway track
Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟3,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
Palatka44 said:
Axver, you are star struck turn your eyes off that which is fallen and open them to God's Holy Word.
Wow, I love your judgement of how much of a Christian I am (or not)! You're so right - I worship Bono, I have a statue of Edge that I bow to every day, and my scriptural writings are U2 lyrics!

Seriously now, get off your judgemental soapbox. I'm a U2 fanatic, but that does not mean I'm blinded by it and if I believed there was any problem with the band, I wouldn't have become such a fan in the first place. Stop making erroneous assumptions.

Also, I would love to discuss the swearing issue, but not here. It's off-topic and not the place. If you would like to continue the discussion, I have no problem with either of us setting up a thread to do so or discussing the issue via PM, IM, or e-mail.

parousia70 said:
I saw U2 once.

They were OK, but their show never really got off the ground musically, IMO. The "studio magic" covers for their lack of any real technical ability on their albums, which makes them listenable, but as a live band they leave plenty to be desired.
Woah. You are misinformed. What U2 concert did you go to? U2 is one of the few bands that does little studio modification, and although I've never been to a live show myself, I have that many recordings of live stuff it's not funny, and they are so much better live - after hearing a live rendition of With Or Without You, I find the studio one boring, same goes for Exit, and the studio version of practically every other song has nothing on practically every live performance I've heard of it. I am seriously curious as to what show you went to, because there's only a few concerts I'm familiar with where they haven't been their usual brilliant self. They're called the World's Best Live Band for a reason, y'know. It's not just a title whacked on by misinformed people.

Upvote 0

Gary777

Gary777
Jan 1, 2004
Southern Sweden
✟15,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's weird though that on 12. december, it was reportet in several news agencies that they had found satanic links on the www dot 46664 dot com website.(just do a search om google to get this "verified"). It's of course the official site for the 46664 campain and it's totally hosted and sponsored by Tiscali. You should think they had some control over their links, wouldn't you? They blame it on hackers, but i think its weird that someone could hack into tiscalis servers like that. Anyways, the site the link led to is this: www dot spod dot org and some subsite of this domain. Now it's been replaced with a single picture of some black pope (mandela? ) and the title "satan is bad". Also the source for the site says: "this is not a satanic site, mr reporter" or something. But the papers report that it a few days ago had satanic material on it:

"The man, who says he is fairly familiar with the internet, said he proceeded to delete the last part of the url, which left him with www dot spod dot org in the address box.

When he pressed enter, a satanic organisation's website was revealed.

"It had many links, including an array of antichrist symbols and propaganda, tips on how to conjure up Satan and even someone's anus with a picture of Jesus coming out of it."

go figure...

anyways the ugly head of the spirit of antichrist, with it's mark 666, pops up here and there and has done so trough history. No need to get paranoid, but let's not laugh it away since this is a sign give to us by the holy spirit in scripture.

btw...noticed how they always call it the four double-six six four campain? to call it "for six six six..." doesn't sound good no matter what their intentions are! Robert Nero, in his support, said it like it reads "i support the for six six six four...". Don't know his intentions either, but it certainly sounded weird in the ears a old pentecostal like myself!

Upvote 0

GodsWatchman

GodsWatchman
Dec 15, 2003
Utah
Visit site
✟602.00
Faith
Christian
ICXC_NIKA said:

When the sin will exceed then also the grace of God will exceed.

In Christ,
Alexander
The globalists never stop with their puns. Check this out -

'R' - 'U' - '4' - '86' ?

eight·y-six or 86 (t-sks) tr.v. Slang eight·y-sixed, or 86·ed eight·y-six·ing, or 86·ing eight·y-six·es or 86·es To throw out; eject. To throw away; discard.

Yes its intentional.

Upvote 0

Gary777

Gary777
Jan 1, 2004
Southern Sweden
✟15,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]! that was a shocker, GodsWathcman! I didn't belive at first, but i checked it in a dictionary and according to another dictionary, it also means to murder:

"86, eighty-six - To throw someone out; to ban or bar someone. To get rid of something, to throw out. Ditch, dispose of, drop. For some, "to 86" also means "to kill" or "to murder." e.g., Charlie: If you get in a fight in my bar, you're 86ed for life. Fowler: We should eighty-six a lot of the words that slipped in."

Thanks for that important bit of info GodsWatchman! (btw...i'm a watchman on the wall, too)

Upvote 0

daidhaid

walkin' slack
Dec 29, 2003
easily defended high ground
✟881.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
ICXC_NIKA said:

When the sin will exceed then also the grace of God will exceed.

In Christ,
Alexander

I just looked in my fridge and there were 6 eggs.

then I looked again there were 6.
I checked once more and there were 6 eggs

that is 666 eggs.

then I counted all the toothpicks I could find in the drawer.
there were 111.
when I multiplied that by the six eggs I saw first.
it was 666
I did that two more times for the other times I looked at the eggs.
It came up 666 each and every time.

I was so frightened.
It seemed the devil was everywhere I looked.

So I called my preacher but he never answered the phone.
I kept calling then I realized I had called him 666 times.
Fear shook me to my core.

Feeling God had abandoned me I turned in desperation to a Wiccan friend.
She asked me if I had any holy water or oil.
I said I had none, which is zero.
She then told me to use a calculater and to multiply the number of holy waters and oil that I did not have against all the 666 numbers that were plaguing me.
A miracle occurred all the 666 numbers vanished.
This happened to each and every number.

You have to lift your hands in praise to Him...
Things like this happen to prove how much God loves us.
It is such a powerful testimony that he can even use a Wiccan Priestess to his ends.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
D

Doctor PHMG

Janine said:
U2 are not satanists, Bono is a believer. But you shouldn't trust anyone anyway.

Elvis sang songs about Jesus but was an active member of the occult theosopy society so whats your point?

don't trust anyone in the mainstream. It is so easy to fool people it only takes them to say the word God and there you go he is a believer!

don't trust the mainstream.

Upvote 0

realist_and_awake

Enlightened
Mar 20, 2004
✟115.00
Faith
Christian
I find it totally amazing how people read so much into the 666 prophecies, eagerly jumping at the first chance of naming someone the antichrist. 99.9% of the time people are looking in the wrong direction and for years and years have tried to predict and point fingers at certain individuals as the antichrist. If you believe revelations, it is quite clear that only "him who has understanding" will be able to calculate the name of the man, for his name will calculate to 666 (six hundred and sixty six). The majority of humanity will never learn the true identity of the antichrist until the antichrist already has total control over the world, in other words only when it's already too late.

AS FOR NELSON MANDELA. Let me make this a bit more clear. His prisoner number was actually 466/64 (NOT 46664) big difference without the slash /.
This is because he was jailed in 1964 (the /64 part of his prisoner number) and his actual prisoner number was 466. So correctly interpreted you could say he was prisoner number 466 jailed in 1964. So definately NO antichrist or satanistic connotations.

Also remember that it was the white afrikaner government who jailed him and gave him this number. For more info on Mandela visit robben-island .org .za

PEACE to ALL

Upvote 0

Palatka44

Unabashedly Baptist
Jul 22, 2003
Palatka, Florida
Visit site
✟17,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here's some food for thought.

===============================

666 - The number of the beast
667 - neighbor of the beast
660 - Approximate number of the Beast
DCLXVI - Roman numeral of the Beast
666.0000 - Number of the High Precision Beast
0.666666 - Number of the Millibeast
/ 666 - Beast Common Denominator
666 ^ (-1) - Imaginary number of the Beast
1010011010 - Binary of the Beast
6, uh...what was that number again? - Number of the Blonde Beast
1-666 - Area code of the Beast
0666 - British area code of the Beast
00666 - Zip code of the Beast
$665.95 - Retail price of the Beast
$699.25 - Price of the Beast plus 5% state sales tax
$769.95 - Price of the Beast with all accessories and replacement soul
$656.66 - Wal-Mart price of the Beast
$646.66 - Next week's Wal-Mart price of the Beast
Phillips 666 - Gasoline of the Beast
Route 666 - Way of the Beast
666 F - Oven temperature for roast Beast
666k - Retirement plan of the Beast
666 mg - Recommended Minimum Daily Requirement of Beast
6.66% - 5 year CD interest rate at First Beast National Bank
$666 - minimum deposit
666% - Interest rate charged by Tony the Beast, local loan shark
666iv - Local statute number regarding Beast parking
"If 666 Was 999" - recently discovered Jimi Hendrix outtake
DSM-666 (revised) - Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the Beast
Excel 6-6-6 - Spreadsheet of the Beast
Word 6.66 - Word Processor of the Beast
i66686 - CPU of the Beast
Win666 - Operating system of the Beast
666i - BMW of the Beast

Mikey's Thot for the Day:
The early bird still has to eat worms.

PASS IT ON! Yeah, you can send this Funny to anybody you want. And, if you're REAL nice, you'll tell them you got it from
www.MikeysFunnies.com!

MIKEY'S FUNNIES, brought to you by Mike Atkinson @ Youth Specialties

Mikey's Funnies Web site:
http://www.youthspecialties.com/linker/index.php?id=141

• To subscribe, e-mail: mikeys-funnies-subscribe@youthspecialties.com
• To unsubscribe, click the List-Unsubscribe address shown above in the header or e-mail: mikeys-funnies-unsubscribe@youthspecialties.com
• For additional commands, e-mail: mikeys-funnies-help@youthspecialties.com
• Problems with eMail? elists@youthspecialties.com
• Questions about YS? YS@youthspecialties.com

for youth workers:

• Youth Ministry on the Net: Real Help for Real Ministry
http://www.youthspecialties.com/linker/index.php?id=133

• The CORE is the premier one-day training event for anyone involved with youth ministry. Coming to more than 100 cities this spring:
http://www.youthspecialties.com/linker/index.php?id=1840

• Need rest? Sabbath--held each spring--is a five-day retreat for people in ministry. Led by experienced spiritual directors, you will experience a mix of silence, spiritual exercises, worship, and reflection: March 23-27 San Francisco area and May 11-15 Minneapolis area.
http://www.youthspecialties.com/linker/index.php?id=1963

for church leaders:

• National Pastors Convention 2004 is designed to renew and refresh your pastor:
http://www.youthspecialties.com/linker/index.php?id=722

• The Emergent Convention 2004 is designed to challenge and equip emerging church leaders:
http://www.youthspecialties.com/linker/index.php?id=723

Both events will run concurrently in San Diego, CA, March 10-13, 2004 and Nashville TN, May 19-22, 2004.

Other FREE YS lists:

YS UPDATE--Weekly newsletter for youth ministry
http://www.youthspecialties.com/linker/index.php?id=138

GREAT DEALS: Get discounts and specials on YS resources
http://www.youthspecialties.com/linker/index.php?id=139

STUDENT eMAIL NEWSLETTER--Easily customizable for your group
http://www.youthspecialties.com/linker/index.php?id=140

Copyright 2004 Youth Specialties

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

breezynosacek

Nov 25, 2003
va
Visit site
✟15,715.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Suzannah said:
It seems to me that the "west" has become very jaded, cynical. I think this is borne from the many false teachers we have in our midst, and that we have so often had to deal with liars in the pulpit....it leads us to often, dismiss out of hand, a fellow believer and what they say, without really taking time to consider where he/she might be coming from. Just a thought.
I'm keeping my eyes open too....

I was wondering if there are words for "jaded" and "cynical" that might be stronger because as a nation we definitely have become just that. Christians suffer real persecution right here in the good ole US of A and what is the response from most 'christians'? They don't believe it, what's worse is they would rather tar you in feathers to suggest it.

My take on this, it was just a thought mind you, not written in concrete, is that 46664 can be read in reverse. Remember years ago where some of the music could be played backwards and there were satanic lyrics in the music?

Hmmm.... :idea:

Upvote 0

Lady_Firehawk

With new mint flavor crystals!
Mar 20, 2004
Evergreen State College
✟10,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Whatever "persecution" we suffer in the US is almost ZIP compared to many of these other countries around the world... last I checked, American Christians don't generally face death for their beliefs. Probably some free speech issues and of course a major liberal bias in the media, but nothing on the order of nations like China and the Middle East where people are killed for being Christian.

Upvote 0

Neenie

Veteran
Dec 8, 2003
✟2,137.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Palatka44 said:
I trust no one that says he is a christian and uses foul language in the same breath.

I agree, though Bono say's he at the very bottom of the food chain of Christian, and that he needs be a lot more christian. He sometimes uses foul language, he ain't perfect and he admits it. He often includes God in their Music and interviews.

Bono said:
"I sometimes think I have a kind of Tourette's syndrome, where if you're not supposed to say something, it becomes very attractive to do so," he once said. "You're in a rock band -- what can't you talk about? God? OK, here we go. You're supposed to write songs about sex and drugs. Well, no I won't."

At least they Aren't like most other secular artists out there, who use constantly promote immoral behavaour and blashemy God.

I know what you are saying about his swearing, he needs to fix it up. But do you really think they are Satinists?

Here is an article about their faith.
http://www.ptm.org/02PT/MayJun/u2.htm

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.