United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
WHY ARE CULTS IN THE KOREAN NEWS?

Ms Choi Soon-Sil, the woman at the centre of a political scandal surrounding her friendship with President Park Geun-Hye, is the daughter of late religious leader Choi Tae-Min.

In the early 1970s, Choi Tae-Min established his own church, Yeongsegyo (“Spiritual Life”), combining tenets of Buddhism, Christianity and shamanism.

South Korea: A cult history

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/10/29/499864915/swirling-scandal-involving-shamanistic-cult-threatens-s-korean-president

Choi Soon-sil is the daughter of a man the president considered her mentor, Choi Tae-min. He claimed to be a pastor from a tiny pseudo-Christian sect, but a leaked diplomatic cable from the U.S. Embassy describes him as a 'Rasputin'-like character and his "church" is described by Korean media as more of a "Shamanistic cult."

"Mr. Choi was the founder of an obscure sect called the Church of Eternal Life.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
In the early 1970s, Choi Tae-Min established his own church, Yeongsegyo (“Spiritual Life”), combining tenets of Buddhism, Christianity and shamanism.

A similar title could be in the usa "why are cults in the usa news" ; or britain; or france; or rome; or russia; any country perhaps....
It has been happening as prophesied in SCRIPTURE ...
all over the world - every country....
(don't know if their is any exception or not --- but
it is true
that YHWH (GOD) has perfectly set the boundaries and saves for HIMSELF a REMANT in every place for HIS TESTIMONY. )

Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
A similar title could be in the usa "why are cults in the usa news" ; or britain; or france; or rome; or russia; any country perhaps....
It has been happening as prophesied in SCRIPTURE ...
all over the world - every country....
(don't know if their is any exception or not --- but
it is true
that YHWH (GOD) has perfectly set the boundaries and saves for HIMSELF a REMANT in every place for HIS TESTIMONY. )

I agree that a REMNANT will be saved

Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
SOUTH KOREA, a dynamo of growth, is also afire with faith. It is estimated that 9 million South Koreans are Protestants (or 25 to 30% of the Korean population).

Yoido Full Gospel Church’s 1m members form the largest Pentecostal congregation on Earth.
138448415039_20131116.JPG

Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Despite the many many cults in South Korea, I pray that a nationwide Christian revival (starting with genuine repentance and forgiveness) will sweep across South Korea just as a nationwide Christian revival swept across the Korean Peninsula in 1907
download (1).jpg

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What if GOD starts healing people there, like HE did in ACTS, and other places the last few centuries ?

Wouldn't that be exciting ?

Would people claim the people were being healed by the enemy again? (like they accused JESUS of doing by)...

Or like JESUS said, will the enemy start deceiving even more multitudes with 'might wonders'/miracles/ fake healings ? Since there are many false prophets and many false teachers ?

Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
What if GOD starts healing people there, like HE did in ACTS, and other places the last few centuries ?

Wouldn't that be exciting ?

Would people claim the people were being healed by the enemy again? (like they accused JESUS of doing by)...

Or like JESUS said, will the enemy start deceiving even more multitudes with 'might wonders'/miracles/ fake healings ? Since there are many false prophets and many false teachers ?

Honestly, I am not holding my breath waiting for that to happen - What if God starts healing people there?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
What is it called if a few repent, and pray to GOD, and HE heals them, but not enough to call it a "revival" ?

That is more than enough for God. He doesn't need a nationwide revival. He looks for the lost sheep

Upvote 0

PeacefulHope

God is our refuge and strength
Jun 22, 2017
-
✟24,879.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is very, very interesting. I have been learning Korean since about the age of 14, and am now 18, but the Lord called me to himself through illness and also through the things I read from Korea and in Korean... The Lord was merciful and healed me with great power, and now I'm studying the language again- but I don't know where to go, how to learn it... What to do. God bless you! Now I can watch and keep safe from false doctrines! Praise the Lord!

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for sharing. I've wondered about them for some time. It doesn't surprise me. Hang in there!
I

I saw a YouTube video by a Korean pastor (Kim Doo Yong, Baptised in Blazing Fire) and am not sure if he is part of this state church but it was wall to wall legalism. If you don't tithe, you go to hell, if you don't keep Sabbath you go to hell etc

I won't touch that kind of thing

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In his book The Koreans: Who They Are, What They Want, Where Their Future Lies, journalist Michael Breen reported that one church minister in the early 1960s identified some 70 Koreans who claimed to be the messiah and had followers.

That is scary!

Upvote 0

Servant78

Mar 4, 2022
Bali
✟31,644.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SOUTH KOREA, a dynamo of growth, is also afire with faith. It is estimated that 9 million South Koreans are Protestants (or 25 to 30% of the Korean population).

Yoido Full Gospel Church’s 1m members form the largest Pentecostal congregation on Earth.
View attachment 194159
Yonggi Cho already jailed Isnt he ?

What a lot of demonic pastors

Upvote 0