Satan, your efforts are futile and in VAIN...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I kind of realize that when the Holy Spirit will bring a scripture (the thing that was already done) anyways, bring scripture to mind to retort with that is very effective in shutting him up, and he leaves for awhile usually...

I do pray for the Lord to protect me, but, he is giving me "this" back...
The Holy Spirit has helped me shut him down more so of late, helped me basically shut him down, more than on a few occassions lately...

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So many forget.. Satan is a ANGEL....fallen yet everything he had before the fall he still has.. what GOD gave.. just no authority over us..over the Church. Take Gabriel.. all he could say to him in regards to Moshe (Moses) was.. the lord rebuke you.

What I am saying..is.. dont play around here.. the NT talks about this..about talking to them. God is JUST with ALL things...

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I never did like snakes. Cold, unemotional, creepy eyes, forked tongue...no thanks. I don't see the appeal for anyone who remotely thinks a snake is cute, or wants one as a pet.

We have plenty of snakes where I live. They are God's creation and do a lot to keep the rodent population down. You don't have to keep one as a pet but don't malign them either.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The closer we get in our relationship with The Lord the more he steps up his game. The funny part to me is that, the same way he missed what truly happened at the cross, I do not believe he knows we are sealed. Sealed unto the day of redemption. Be Blessed in Jesus Name!

Personally I don't think about Satan at all. I am in Christ and he isn't. Nothing more needs to be said.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The closer we get in our relationship with The Lord the more he steps up his game. The funny part to me is that, the same way he missed what truly happened at the cross, I do not believe he knows we are sealed. Sealed unto the day of redemption. Be Blessed in Jesus Name!

Personally I don't think about Satan at all. I am in Christ and he isn't. Nothing more needs to be said.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Pretending he's not ever there, allows him to manipulate you in ways you are not even aware of, and, you mean to tell me you never ever hear him speak to you ever...? I just don't think your very aware of it... Unfortunately, I am, and cannot help it, but I also have the Lord's presence that is "always" there, that I am aware of and hear more so than the other, that isn't always around...

Your lack of awareness and blindness to him is not wise in my book...

Satan does not like not being able to disguise or hide himself from your being aware of it/him... I had/have no choice bu to deal with him...

But, he's gone a lot, and the Lord and I get private time together that I enjoy very much...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This world is not under the power of the "price of darkness" for he is powerless.

This world is under the power of Jesus Christ.

Satan does NOT rule the earth today, Jesus Christ does. Satan has absolutely no power today to keep ANYONE from salvation.
His head has been crushed. He is a defeated foe.

Satan was bound/judged/cast out by Christ's ministry, reversing satan's dominion over the People of God, granting power over all darkness to the saints, and immediately enabling the gospel to spread to all nations.
(John 12:31 and Matt 12:28-29, Heb 2:14-15 and 1 John 3:8).

Jesus Christ is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords yesterday, today, and evermore. ALL power and dominion are His. There is nothing that is not already under his rule.

Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, ALL POWER is given unto me in heaven AND IN EARTH.

Revelation 1:5
...Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, AND THE PRINCE OF THE KINGS OF THE EARTH.

We, Christs Body, already rule and reign with Christ right now!!! It's a done deal. We are priests and Kings of a Kingdom that can never be conquered, ruling and reigning with our Lord for evermore.

So yes Satan, your efforts are futile and in vain.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This world is not under the power of the "price of darkness" for he is powerless.

This world is under the power of Jesus Christ.

Satan does NOT rule the earth today, Jesus Christ does. Satan has absolutely no power today to keep ANYONE from salvation.
His head has been crushed. He is a defeated foe.

Satan was bound/judged/cast out by Christ's ministry, reversing satan's dominion over the People of God, granting power over all darkness to the saints, and immediately enabling the gospel to spread to all nations.
(John 12:31 and Matt 12:28-29, Heb 2:14-15 and 1 John 3:8).

Jesus Christ is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords yesterday, today, and evermore. ALL power and dominion are His. There is nothing that is not already under his rule.

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, ALL POWER is given unto me in heaven AND IN EARTH.

Revelation 1:5
...Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, AND THE PRINCE OF THE KINGS OF THE EARTH.

We, Christs Body, already rule and reign with Christ right now!!! It's a done deal. We are priests and Kings of a Kingdom that can never be conquered, ruling and reigning with our Lord for evermore.

So yes Satan, your efforts are futile and in vain.

Unfortunately the world is under the power of Satan, which is why so many people sin constantly. While it's true that we, Christ's body, already rule and reign with him right now, those who are not part of Christ's body are not in the same position. We must continue to spread the gospel so that others may join us in God's kingdom and escape Satan's rule.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Pretending he's not ever there, allows him to manipulate you in ways you are not even aware of, and, you mean to tell me you never ever hear him speak to you ever...? I just don't think your very aware of it... Unfortunately, I am, and cannot help it, but I also have the Lord's presence that is "always" there, that I am aware of and hear more so than the other, that isn't always around...

Your lack of awareness and blindness to him is not wise in my book...

Satan does not like not being able to disguise or hide himself from your being aware of it/him... I had/have no choice bu to deal with him...

But, he's gone a lot, and the Lord and I get private time together that I enjoy very much...

God Bless!

I am not under the power or influence of Satan. I'm not pretending anything. I'm guided by the Holy Spirit and him only, 24/7/365.25. If you're dealing with Satan, which I assume means you're tempted to sin, then realize that you're dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately the world is under the power of Satan,
Then Somebody forgot to tell that to Jesus before He said this:

which is why so many people sin constantly.

Wait, so people are incapable of sinning all on their own without Satan exercising his power over them, tempting them or in some way influencing them?
Where is that taught?

While it's true that we, Christ's body, already rule and reign with him right now, those who are not part of Christ's body are not in the same position.

Where is it written that the unrepentant will EVER share in Christ's victory over sin and the devil?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Then Somebody forgot to tell that to Jesus before He said this:

Wait, so people are incapable of sinning all on their own without Satan exercising his power over them, tempting them or in some way influencing them?
Where is that taught?

Where is it written that the unrepentant will EVER share in Christ's victory over sin and the devil?

Satan is the ruler of this world until Jesus returns. The only people whom he does not rule over are those in Christ, since we are dead to sin. Paul wrote this to the church in Ephesus: "As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.and following its desires and thoughts. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts." If Jesus is the ruler of this world why is there so much sin?

You said, "... people are incapable of sinning all on their own without Satan exercising his power over them, tempting them or in some way influencing them?
Where is that taught?" It's taught in the Bible -- in many places. You can start with Adam and Eve in Genesis and go on from there. Paul makes this fact perfectly clear in Ephesians, where he wrote, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." If you think people operate on their own in this world, you're tragically mistaken.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Satan is the ruler of this world until Jesus returns.

1 Peter 3:22
who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, ALL POWER is given unto me in heaven AND IN EARTH

You said, "... people are incapable of sinning all on their own without Satan exercising his power over them, tempting them or in some way influencing them?
Where is that taught?" It's taught in the Bible -- in many places. You can start with Adam and Eve in Genesis and go on from there. Paul makes this fact perfectly clear in Ephesians, where he wrote, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." If you think people operate on their own in this world, you're tragically mistaken.

Jeremiah 17:9
“The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?

James 1:14
But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
1 Peter 3:22
who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, ALL POWER is given unto me in heaven AND IN EARTH

Jeremiah 17:9
“The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?

James 1:14
But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.

Oh now I see. Four single, unconnected verses written by four authors taken completely out of context are proof of something? Sorry, that doesn't work.

Everything is under the control of God and his appointed executive, Jesus. That has been the case forever, even before time. In the present, the decision has been made to allow Satan to rule the earth until Jesus returns. He can do only what he is allowed to do, no more and no less.

Those are the facts. If you disagree, read your bible.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh now I see. Four single, unconnected verses written by four authors taken completely out of context are proof of something? Sorry, that doesn't work.

Go ahead and tell me what you believe those 4 verses mean then, if not what I contend they do.

Everything is under the control of God and his appointed executive, Jesus. That has been the case forever, even before time.

Agreed.
I like that we can find areas of agreement :)

In the present, the decision has been made to allow Satan to rule the earth until Jesus returns. He can do only what he is allowed to do, no more and no less.

So you agree with me, he is powerless to prevent anyone from Salvation.
Good.

I'm still unclear as to what power you think He has presently, if you agree he can not prevent anybody from choosing Salvation by faith through Grace?

Those are the facts. If you disagree, read your bible.

I'm sorry but I don't buy into your "The Devil made me do it" theology.

Human beings are 100% responsible for their Choices and Actions.

Satan is powerless. He is a defeated Foe.

Human beings do not REQUIRE Him to orchestrate their Sin, as you assert.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
<snip>

I'm sorry but I don't buy into your "The Devil made me do it" theology.

Human beings are 100% responsible for their Choices and Actions.

Satan is powerless. He is a defeated Foe.

I'll skip the first part of your post and focus on the main issue.

Paul wrote this to the Ephesians, "Clothe yourselves with the full armor of God so that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. For this reason, take up the full armor of God so that you may be able to stand your ground on the evil day, and having done everything, to stand."

He makes it perfectly clear that the rulers, the powers, the world rulers of this darkness, and the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens have the power in this age. If they have been defeated, why is there a struggle? The whole world is under the power of sin, except those who have died to it and have been reborn in Christ. Satan is just the opposite of a defeated foe.

When you say that human beings are 100% responsible for their choices and actions, then you're saying that sin is powerless. Scripturally, this is totally wrong. If I were you I would read Romans 6, 7, and 8. Here is some of it... "We know that our old man was crucified with him so that the body of sin would no longer dominate us, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. (For someone who has died has been freed from sin.)" If you're enslaved to sin you are dominated by it.

"Do you not know that if you present yourselves as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or obedience resulting in righteousness?" Slaves have no choice -- none. The idea that people are 100% free to choose right or wrong is foolishness.

Believers are "freed from sin and enslaved to God", but unfortunately nobody else is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll skip the first part of your post and focus on the main issue.

Thats too bad. I really would be interested on your rendering of the verses I provided so I can understand what you believe they DO mean.

If they have been defeated, why is there a struggle? The whole world is under the power of sin, except those who have died to it and have been reborn in Christ. Satan is just the opposite of a defeated foe.

Friend, the unrepentant will NEVER share in Christ's victory over sin and the Devil.

When you say that human beings are 100% responsible for their choices and actions, then you're saying that sin is powerless.

Yes I am.

Romans 5:13
For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 1 Corinthians 15:56

As we are not Under the Law but under Grace (Romans 6:15) sin has no strength and is not imputed against us.

Sin is dead, powerless to keep anyone from Salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

Satan was the accuser, he is no longer. Christ stripped him of that authority.

Sin once prevented man from salvation, sin no longer has that power.

In fact, Only Sinners get saved.

There is nothing in scripture to support the notion that in order for evil to exist, Satan must be "working it" or "behind it" somehow. Scripture is clear that man is fully capable of sin and evil without Satan's help.

Scripture is clear that Each man is tempted by his own desires, and Mans heart is evil and deceitful above all else (including satan)

Satan is finished, Sin is powerless, Christ is victorious!

Scripturally, this is totally wrong.

See above.

Sin entered the world through Adam.
All responsibility for sin on earth goes back to Him alone. His free choice to disobey God resulted in Sin coming into this earth. Satan certainly did not make him disobey God. Satan can not make anyone disobey God.

Mans Heart alone is evil above all things, even Satan.
Evil, sin, suffering, etc., all exist today because of the heart of man, not because "Satan" is behind the scenes "pulling the strings". In fact, nowhere in scripture does it state that for evil to exist int he world, Satan has to be working it or behind it somehow.

Sin is mans responsibility alone.

Satan is powerless to make you, or anyone, do anything.

Today, There are 2 human realities.

1) you are either "in Adam" condemned whether you sin or not, or
2) you are "in Christ", saved even though you sin.

Sin is powerless.

Sin can not prevent you from salvation, and a lack of sin can not save you.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't say anything beyond what I have said already. The whole world is under the power of sin, except for those whom God has called by grace alone. Sin is the prime tool of Satan, from the garden of Eden until now. He is the ruler of all on this earth except those who have died to sin and are alive in Christ Jesus.

If you think that people do everything by their own free will then you fundamentally don't understand sin. Paul wrote in Romans, "... when we were in the flesh, the sinful desires, aroused by the law, were active in the members of our body to bear fruit for death. But now we have been released from the law, because we have died to what controlled us...But sin, seizing the opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of wrong desires..."But sin, so that it would be shown to be sin, produced death in me... I am unspiritual, sold into slavery to sin.

If you still don't understand that sin controls people, Paul continues, "For I don’t understand what I am doing. For I do not do what I want—instead, I do what I hate. But if I do what I don’t want, I agree that the law is good. But now it is no longer me doing it, but sin that lives in me. For I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh. For I want to do the good, but I cannot do it. For I do not do the good I want, but I do the very evil I do not want! Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer me doing it but sin that lives in me...But I see a different law in my members waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that is in my members.

The above is all from Romans 7, which describes sin's power better than anywhere else in scripture. Unsaved people do not have free will! If you believe that they do -- what you see is what you get -- then you need to really make an effort to understand the power of sin and Satan in people's lives. Very little of consequence is done by free will.

I am through with this discussion. The Bible says things much more clearly than I ever could about Satan, the constant spiritual warfare, and the total power of sin in the lives of those who are not in Christ.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am through with this discussion.

You can take your ball and go home if you want.
The Bible says things much more clearly than I ever could about Satan, the constant spiritual warfare, and the total power of sin in the lives of those who are not in Christ.

Again, since those not in Christ will NEVER have victory over Sin, I'm unclear what more defeat you believe Sin can suffer beyond the total and complete destruction it suffered Because of Jesus' finished work on the Cross.

Only Sinners get Saved Friend.

In order to be saved, you must be a sinner.

Weird huh?

Upvote 0