Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hello Everyone,

Can you help me? I feel like Satan is trying to attack me in my dreams. 2 nights out of the past two weeks, I have been dream (not good though) both times snakes were in the dream, one of the things on this earth that I don't like. The second one was worst then the first, alot worse. While dreaming I kept trying to wake-up but couldn't wake myself up. That happened saturday night. Sunday night when I went into my room all I could think about was the dream. Even when I wasn't trying to. I had gospel/christian music playing like I usually do, but it helped alittle. When I laid down, I didn't feel any peace started feeling scared. Thinking when I go to sleep I was going to start dreaming. I actually started praying and while singing the song and ended up crying and praying/speaking in tongues. 1st time I have ever done it before, I felt lead to do it because in my mind I was feeling it was the only way to be safe and be between me and God.Then I started singing and praying again. It took awhile afterwards for me to be able to fall asleep.

Is there anything I could do to stop SATAN, or what I feel is satan attacking me in these dream(attacking me as in bad dream about snakes as in the snakes trying to attack me).

So far, I have realized that playing music helps, I usually keep it on but didn't have it up as loud as I usually do the last time I was dreaming.

Thanks for your help,

GLGA

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Have you tried writing down the dream?

Try describing the action first person, in the present tense, as if you're a reporter dictating your story into a microphone as it unfolds around you. (I'm going up the stairs now. I see a snake to my left. Etc) Describe every detail you notice. Describe your feelings and impressions. Give the story a title.

Taking on the detachment of a reporter may allow you to examine the dream without feeling overwhelmed by it.

I had a lot of dreams like the one you're describing throughout my thirties, so I can emphathize.

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You didn't mention anything about binding and rebuking the devil in the name of Jesus. God gave us the tools to fight Satan directly. Praise and worship can be used as a weapon or defense, but its not the same as using the right tool for the job. As the saying goes, "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
You didn't mention anything about binding and rebuking the devil in the name of Jesus. God gave us the tools to fight Satan directly. Praise and worship can be used as a weapon or defense, but its not the same as using the right tool for the job. As the saying goes, "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

I will try that, I did do it last night before I went to sleep(I have another thread like this in a different section that usually get more members passing through and someone suggested the same thing). I do need to work on doing that(I know about it something I usually don't do though).

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Oh okay thanks, I just want to report that yesterday I went through my room and I prayed again, while praying over my room before I beganed I prayed for myself as well. I slept very good last night. Which I am happy to share and got up on some sleep as well. Thanks everyone for all of your help:)

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Snakes are frustrating because they don't have any arms or legs that give you the feeling you could just capture them and get on with life. They are elusive and slippery, and seem to have a strong intent -- the head leads the way and the body propels the movement.

There could be things in life that give you this same sense of not being able to grab on and toss them aside. Even though the attack seems demonic (and they behave this same elusive way), consider that there might be more reasons for the dream.

Not too long ago, someone here had a dream about a snake, and he knew it was about destruction near India -- shortly after, huge numbers died in the devastation in Myanmar / Burma.

Some cultures see snakes as representing death and life, or the transcendence from one of these states to the other. Could it be possible that you are foreseeing many deaths? And that it will not go away, because it is a warning call to prayer?

India sounds nationwide terror alert
Storms hamper rescue, China quake toll hits 12,000

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godslilgurlalways

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Snakes are frustrating because they don't have any arms or legs that give you the feeling you could just capture them and get on with life. They are elusive and slippery, and seem to have a strong intent -- the head leads the way and the body propels the movement.

There could be things in life that give you this same sense of not being able to grab on and toss them aside. Even though the attack seems demonic (and they behave this same elusive way), consider that there might be more reasons for the dream.

Not too long ago, someone here had a dream about a snake, and he knew it was about destruction near India -- shortly after, huge numbers died in the devastation in Myanmar / Burma.

Some cultures see snakes as representing death and life, or the transcendence from one of these states to the other. Could it be possible that you are foreseeing many deaths? And that it will not go away, because it is a warning call to prayer?

India sounds nationwide terror alert
Storms hamper rescue, China quake toll hits 12,000

Could be? I didn't think about it that way

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Could be? I didn't think about it that way

I wouldn't normally have either. But there are so many major crises going on in the world, and you are a faithful intercessor, it struck me that the Holy Spirit might be impressing the severity of these events on your heart.

Not in a pleasant way! so I understand how it appears. If you think it is evil, remember to be firm in your stance, that it has no right to overpower you. No weapon formed against you will prosper. Though a thousand fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, it shall not come near you.

I hope that it leaves you soon, whatever it is!

A recent bit on China: tens of thousands homeless, 14,866 dead, 25,000 still buried
Not enough water....landslides blocked the flow of two rivers.

The location hit had several secretive atomic sites. and China's chief nuclear weapons research lab in Mianyang.

http://news.yahoo.com/i/721;_ylt=AqO6uT5kdGU5yPY.1L2pKstn.3QA

Upvote 0