USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God at times in His Word uses metaphor and allegory when speaking of one thing while pointing to another. We often do the same in our daily speech. In Ezekiel 28, God mentions the prince and king of Tyrus (means 'rock'), but He is actually pointing to Satan. This is only one place in His Word that He does this. Isaiah 14 is another clear example. Isaiah 30:31-33 is yet another, using the "Assyrian" to point to Satan to whom Tophet (metaphor for the "lake of fire") has been prepared of old since God ended Satan's original rebellion against Him.

Ezek 28:12-19
12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, "Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

If our Heavenly Father were really speaking of the flesh king of Tyrus, then why would He mention him being in His Garden of Eden when the king of Tyrus never was there? Even in verse 12 with, "Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty" God is giving us a clue that He just might be talking about some other lofty individual than the simple king of Tyre.

Those stones are the stones of the priest's breastplate. Here God is using them as an example of this person being spiritually exalted like one of His priests, a servant of God. That definitely leaves out the king of Tyre, since the kings of Tyre followed pagan idols and Baal, not our Heavenly Father. These are the second major pointers that God is speaking of someone else while only mentioning the king of Tyrus.

The first pointers that God is speaking of someone else other than the prince and king of Tyrus is earlier in the chapter, with the idea of exalting himself as God. The very first one that tried to do that was Satan when he first rebelled in the time of old. So it's impossible to omit Satan from that kind of description earlier in this Ezekiel 28 chapter. That kind of description, i.e., of Satan declaring that he himself is God, is also found in Isaiah 14 where God uses Satan's own words to mock him.

14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

A "cherub" (or cherubim, plural), is a Heavenly being. They are first mentioned in Genesis 3 when God set them up to guard the way to the tree of life. They are next mentioned in Exodus 25 when God told the Israelites to make the Ark of the Covenant, and render two cherubim of gold on the lid of it fastened to the Mercy Seat. That is the idea here of "covereth", for the cherubim's outstretched wings were to cover the Mercy Seat. It points to their job being to guard God's Throne represented by the Mercy Seat on top of the Ark of the Covenant.

So. How would that apply to the prince and king of Tyrus? Clearly, it does not. Nor does this one having been "upon the holy mountain of God" and "walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire" point to the rulers of Tyre which worshiped idols. These descriptions God is giving are defining one who was at one time a very, very close servant of His, even who once guarded His Throne in Heaven as a cherub. Who could miss this description being about a Heavenly being, and not about a flesh born man? It's very difficult to miss.

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

As per Revelation 12:7 forward, God is actually going to cast Satan and his angels out of Heaven at the end of this world. This casting out was about Satan's original fall from Heaven when he rebelled against God in coveting God's Throne for himself. God had originally created Satan "perfect in thy ways", which has been God's description here of him until this verse 15 when iniquity was found in him. This means the devil was originally a perfect servant of God before he rebelled.

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
KJV

These 17-19 verses reveal Satan's destruction upon the earth in the future "lake of fire". As of yet, no flesh man, not even the prince or king of Tyrus, have been judged and sentenced to perish in the future "lake of fire". That is yet another way to know that God is actually speaking this about Satan, using the prince and king of Tyrus as types.

Last edited:

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, "Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

Do you honestly think God has told Ezekiel, to lamentation over Satan? Yes or No?

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately there are many from the "fallen angels" circle who continue to believe Satan was not a liar from the beginning, but was a perfect being in heaven with God no less.

John 8:43-44
  • Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
  • Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Christ tells us Satan was NEVER righteous in the beginning, but was a murderous spirit from the beginning! Period! The Bible never once says Satan was once a righteous being. The Bible never once says Satan was once perfect and of truth. It says just the OPPOSITE! That he wasn't, he was always a liar. The only people who say that are people who don't understand! You cannot contradict one scripture with another scripture. If Satan was perfect until the day iniquity was found in him, then he was not a liar from the beginning, see? We have a contradiction here. The same contradiction of God talking about a Serpent being in heaven and a large group of Christians taking what is obviously, and I mean very obviously symbolic, and attempting to read it as a literal narrative of a Angelic battle in God's holy heaven where a Serpent is cast out.

Revelation 12:1
  • And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
And from this context of a woman with the sun as clothing and stars for a crown, these Christians unbelievably take this battle of a Dragon attacking this woman and warring with angels as somehow literally talking about angels cast out of literal heaven?! How ridiculously inconsistent and illogical is that? It's so obviously symbolic, not talking about literal stars, sun or moon and angels with laser beams coming out of their eyes in heaven warring.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here is another example of how God in His Word uses someone else when actually pointing to Satan. This one in Isaiah 30 is probably a less recognized example of God using the "Assyrian" (i.e., king of Assyria) when actually pointing to Satan:

Isa 30:30-33
30 And the LORD shall cause His glorious voice to be heard, and shall shew the lighting down of His arm, with the indignation of His anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones.

Let's see; flame of a devouring fire, tempest, hailstones; could be speaking of the time of the very end, the last day of this present world.

31 For through the voice of the LORD shall the Assyrian be beaten down, which smote with a rod.

32 And in every place where the grounded staff shall pass, which the LORD shall lay upon him, it shall be with tabrets and harps: and in battles of shaking will he fight with it.

God is speaking this about the king of Assyria, or is He?

33 For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; He hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.
KJV

There's our answer. Tophet was a location in the valley of the son of Hinnom (Jer.7). It is where Judah when in rebellion sacrificed their children in the fire like the pagans. God said doing such a thing never even entered His mind. In the New Testament Gospels, the valley of Hinnom is what our Lord Jesus used as a symbol for the lake of fire which the KJV rendered as "hell" in some places.

The actual "lake of fire" is an event to occur after Christ's future "thousand years" reign. The abode of the wicked called hell is to go into that "lake of fire" along with death, and destroy both, along with Satan (see Revelation 20).

So for whom did God already prepare Tophet ("lake of fire")? Our Lord Jesus told us here --

Matt 25:41
41 Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand, "Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

KJV

The devil is who God is pointing to in that Isaiah 30:30-33 Scripture. When God ended Satan's original rebellion of old, that is when God judged and sentenced him to perish in the "lake of fire" (Tophet as a symbol).

So when you see "the Assyrian" in a passage, consider whether or not what is said might also apply to the devil himself, for there are other Bible passages than this one where God does just that, and they are His Messages He left His elect servants.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here's the KJV Scripture famous for mentioning Lucifer (Satan), which is another example of God using one of the flesh kings to start off a rebuke, but then really pointing it at Satan.

Isa 14:4-17
4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, "How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

A proverb is a saying, or parable, or allegory. It is exactly the matter I've been talking about, like in the previous Ezekiel 28 and Isaiah 30 examples. God here is using the flesh king of Babylon as a type to point to Satan. The KJV translators will make that fact emphatic in verse twelve below.

By this, the title "king of Babylon" also becomes a symbolic title for Satan himself. It is fitting, because ancient Sumer/Babylon is where pagan idol worship began in this present world's history. One named Sargon I, a semite, appeared in ancient Sumer around 3800 B.C. (per original Assyriologist dating from the cuneiform tablets). He built the first city there, and taught the Sumerians agriculture and canal building. They called him son of Bel, or son of the dragon. Per Bristowe's research in her excellent book Sargon The Magnificent, that Sargon might have been Cain, and ancient Sumer the "land of Nod" of Genesis. Sargon's metal death mask is displayed in the British museum.

5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.
6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.

One might be thinking, "how can that apply to Satan"? The direct pointing to Satan in this has not been given here just yet. It's a little further down. But this idea of Satan ruling the nations can also apply, because in Luke 4 when Satan tempted Jesus, he took Him up on a high pennacle and showed Him all the kingdoms of this world, and offered them to Jesus if He would follow him. So God has given Satan to rule over the kingdoms on earth in this present world, but that will not be so after Jesus returns in our near future.

At this Isa.14:5-6 passage, the timeline is after Christ's return, when Satan will be locked in his pit prison for the "thousand years" of Revelation 20. That will be the time when the wicked will no longer rule the nations on earth.

7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.
8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, 'Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.'

There is another example of that future time when Satan is locked up. It will be a time of true peace on the earth with Christ and His elect reigning on earth over all peoples and nations.

9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.
10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, "Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?"

Even those kings who ruled during this world which are cast into the pit with Satan in that future time will look over at him and say that, "Art thou also become weak as we?" (Per the end of Isaiah 24 one learns that the wicked rulers of this world will be cast into the pit when Jesus returns, and they will be visited after many days, meaning after the future "thousand years" reign by Jesus on earth of Revelation 20. That's who these kings are.)

11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Here we finally have the direct pointer to whom God is actually speaking about since He told Isaiah to take up a "proverb" for the king of Babylon. Just so you know, this name "Lucifer" is not actually in the Hebrew OT manuscripts. The KJV translators added it for clarity. In their original 1st edition of the 1611 KJV Bible, they put "O Day Starre" in the side margin of verse 12 as an alternate reading. So they weren't trying to mislead anyone; they wanted to make sure the reader understood that God is literally speaking about the devil here.

The actual Hebrew there is 'morning star', not "Lucifer". That does not mean the devil is the morning star. Our Lord Jesus per Revelation 22 is The Morning Star. The devil WANTS to be The Morning Star. That's our Heavenly Father's Message here, which becomes easy to understand with the next verse.

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."

That part in green is what Satan himself has declared he will do. God is using Satan's own words to mock him.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

That is what God says He... will do to Satan. When will that happen? It happens on the day of Jesus' return to this earth per Revelation 20.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, "Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?"
KJV

People in that future time of Christ's literal "thousand years" reign on earth will be able to look over at the pit at Satan, and will say that, "Is this the man..."? That is what will be said in that future time when Satan is locked in his pit prison and is powerless for that time.

That idea, "opened not the house of his prisoners" is about the abode of the wicked in the heavenly called hell, or more properly hades. God's Word compares it to a prison house (see also Isaiah 42:7 and 1 Peter 3 about Jesus going to preach to the spirits in prison, which was prophecy in Isaiah).

How can that "man" apply to Satan also, you say? It's because God also has the Image of man, which is the image He created the angels also with (Genesis 1).

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The actual Hebrew there is 'morning star', not "Lucifer". That does not mean the devil is the morning star. Our Lord Jesus per Revelation 22 is The Morning Star. The devil WANTS to be The Morning Star. That's our Heavenly Father's Message here, which becomes easy to understand with the next verse.

Incorrect. NOt only that you refused to answer the following quote I posted for you:

Do you honestly think God has told Ezekiel, to lamentation over Satan? Yes or No?

But also you do not know what you were talking about Satan with the rest of your "private interpretation" about him "wanting" to be a "morning star". That is not what God talked in Scripture but that is what the "fallen angels" people believe.

Gen 3:3-5
[3] But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
[4] And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
[5] For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

What you do not realize that serpent was not a separate entity that was having a conversation with Eve. No, Eve was tempted by her own spirit that she was tempted to think about being like God, knowing good and evil so she took the bite. That was her own disobedience that what lead man to fall. Satan was THAT spirit of disobedience WITHIN HER just like we all had. Even Peter. Observe wisely:

Matthew 16:22-33
  • Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
  • But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
Did Christ think Peter was Satan, or was the term "Satan" meant to show Peter was being adversarial to him? An adversary is someone who opposes God's word or will. It is someone with the spirit to disobey or be adversarial. Satan did not talk through Peter at all! It was Peter who said this! So the question is was Peter being adversarial? Was Eve being adversarial? Are all those who reject God's word being adversarial and an offense to God? I'd say yes!

Don't you see? The serpent symbolizes the spirit of disobedience, that was formed within Eve! Then Adam, then the rest of mankind. Not that a serpent is actually a super being walking around a garden and had a normal conversation with Eve with his forked tongue. No! That is why you are brainwashed by a indoctrination that you believe Satan was created by God as "good angel" in heaven before he became evil and fell to Eden, and had a conversation with Eve, blah blah. That did not happen that way! NO where in SCripture that Satan was created good in the first place. The Scripture is clear on this.

John 8:43-44
  • Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
  • Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Christ tells us Satan was NEVER righteous in the beginning but was a murderous spirit from the beginning! That is it! The Bible never once says Satan was once a righteous being. The Bible never once says Satan was once perfect and of truth. That is why you got the wrong idea about "Satan." There was no spirit of disobedience before the episode in the garden. That spirit was conceived within Adam and Eve when they disobeyed! Selah! The Serpent was only merely symbolic of THAT SPIRIT, as it is ALL THROUGH SCRIPTURE!

There was no sin in the flesh of Adam and Eve until in their spirit the disobeyed.

Eze 28:15
  • Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
You need to realize that iniquity NEVER be found in HEAVEN! Not even with good angels! It was MAN whom God created perfectly and in whom there was no spirit to disobey until that day it was conceived by lust and brought forth death. Eve was deceived first, then Adam, and the rest of mankind. Therefore this King of Tyre that Ezekiel wrote, represents that fall of man, "Lucifer", the son of the morning, not morning star, which is why God told Ezekiel to made lamentation about HIS FALL! Therefore, I will ask you again.... did you honestly think God asked Ezekiel to mourn over Satan? Seriously? You need re-examine on your "fallen angel" theory and debunk it!

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Incorrect. NOt only that you refused to answer the following quote I posted for you:

It is a lamentation. Reason is because the devil is the one to whom the lamenting will be upon, because God is pronouncing the devil's destruction in Ezekiel 28. Now that's something the devil no doubt is 'lamenting' about, even now!

But also you do not know what you were talking about Satan with the rest of your "private interpretation" about him "wanting" to be a "morning star". That is not what God talked in Scripture but that is what the "fallen angels" people believe.

Balderdash, that is.

The Hebrew word in Isaiah 14:12 for "Lucifer" (KJV) is actually heylel, which means 'the morning-star' (Strong's no. 1984). The NIV and several revised Bible versions has it as "O morning star", or some variation thereof, instead of "Lucifer".

So you need to do a little more homework before mouthing off saying someone else doesn't know what they're talking about!

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is a lamentation. Reason is because the devil is the one to whom the lamenting will be upon, because God is pronouncing the devil's destruction in Ezekiel 28. Now that's something the devil no doubt is 'lamenting' about, even now!

That is not how we read the verse. It does not say that devil is lamenting about his destruction. You are reading into Scripture.

The Hebrew word in Isaiah 14:12 for "Lucifer" (KJV) is actually heylel, which means 'the morning-star' (Strong's no. 1984). The NIV and several revised Bible versions has it as "O morning star", or some variation thereof, instead of "Lucifer".

Not quite accurate. Lucifer in Hebrew is "heylel", from H1984 means "in the sense of brightness" or "shining." The older translation like KJV accurately translated it as "Lucifer, son of the morning." However the NIV, hundred of years later, has retranslated it as "morning star" is a modern perversions which bringing confusion. God is not the author of confusion but modern translators are.

Lucifer was initially NEVER considered as the morning star as it was already assigned to Christ. So Lucifer is the man who sins! It is the messenger of the kingdom of heaven who has this spirit of disobedience to believe whatever he wants.

What's more, God never created Satan as a good angel.

Joh 8:44
[44] Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Satan NEVER had the truth in the first place! He was a liar and murderer from the beginning. God did not create liar! Satan is a spirit CONCEIVED by Adam and Eve! See, it is man's spirit lusted after the fruit and sinned and that was the change of spirit and introduction of sin! Lucifer was not a created being before that episode! Because of that spirit, man fell, which is why God called that man, Lucifer, which Ezekiel made lamentation over the state of fallen man!

Upvote 0