• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Satan on the attack

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I have schizophrenia, but I'm doing pretty well medically I think. Every time a family member and I visit the psychiatrist, he asks the family member how they perceive I'm doing, because he wants to know, and they will probably say that I'm doing pretty well right now.

However, I also have an IQ of 160 or so and a sort of sixth sense or remarkable intuition, so sometimes I can perceive things before there is a problem. I perceive that since I joined these forums, I have been under more temptation to just shed my beliefs. You have to keep in mind that I am incredibly observant - I will see that speck of darkness in the light, or that speck of light in the darkness. Meaning, someone could be preaching to me, and I will be tearing apart the errors in their logic in my mind. Or rather, some atheist who is really well-versed in logic and philosophy while the preacher wasn't could be talking about their beliefs, and I could see the wisdom of God in them. I'm just that way.

I'm not sure who to turn to. I find most pastors to just focus on theology without ever really explaining why this or that belief is right, or why they are using a passage of the Bible in the correct way. Maybe I am just stereotyping.

I'm just praying God will kind of send me someone of brilliant intellectual abilities and devout faith, to kind of help me stay on track. And I'm not going to try to discount whomever that is - sometimes a well-versed theologian who really spent months thinking their beliefs through, can do a bit more for the spirit than someone who's been to Bible college but doesn't have say Emotional Intelligence, or that psychologist I have met before who just wants to remark about how I have above-average intelligence and can remember a lot of numbers. There are situations where other people need a pastor or psychologist, I'm just saying.

And in case I wasn't clear, I do believe that it's really riled those fallen angels up for the fact that I spend a few hours a day on a Christian website now.

So I'm not sure what I'm asking for. Prayer and if you think of anything, you can respond. Pray for patience for me while you're at it - patience is a hard thing to have when one has schizophrenia.

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have schizophrenia, but I'm doing pretty well medically I think. Every time a family member and I visit the psychiatrist, he asks the family member how they perceive I'm doing, because he wants to know, and they will probably say that I'm doing pretty well right now.

However, I also have an IQ of 160 or so and a sort of sixth sense or remarkable intuition, so sometimes I can perceive things before there is a problem. I perceive that since I joined these forums, I have been under more temptation to just shed my beliefs. You have to keep in mind that I am incredibly observant - I will see that speck of darkness in the light, or that speck of light in the darkness. Meaning, someone could be preaching to me, and I will be tearing apart the errors in their logic in my mind. Or rather, some atheist who is really well-versed in logic and philosophy while the preacher wasn't could be talking about their beliefs, and I could see the wisdom of God in them. I'm just that way.

I'm not sure who to turn to. I find most pastors to just focus on theology without ever really explaining why this or that belief is right, or why they are using a passage of the Bible in the correct way. Maybe I am just stereotyping.

I'm just praying God will kind of send me someone of brilliant intellectual abilities and devout faith, to kind of help me stay on track. And I'm not going to try to discount whomever that is - sometimes a well-versed theologian who really spent months thinking their beliefs through, can do a bit more for the spirit than someone who's been to Bible college but doesn't have say Emotional Intelligence, or that psychologist I have met before who just wants to remark about how I have above-average intelligence and can remember a lot of numbers. There are situations where other people need a pastor or psychologist, I'm just saying.

And in case I wasn't clear, I do believe that it's really riled those fallen angels up for the fact that I spend a few hours a day on a Christian website now.

So I'm not sure what I'm asking for. Prayer and if you think of anything, you can respond. Pray for patience for me while you're at it - patience is a hard thing to have when one has schizophrenia.
The devil has went up another level here lately and alot of ppl are experiencing this. I'd like to try and help you out.

www.facebook.com/SolomnsPorch/

And its ok if you wanna check out some of or any of my other posts. I kinda already know thats gonna happen. Read Susans Story on the fb page. Blessings in Jesus name :oldthumbsup:

Reactions: Left
Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi. My Aunt has paranoid schizophrenia.She's currently in a home type mental illness facility. I think it's very brave of you to share that about yourself.My aunt isn't doing all that well but we love her and have learned to accept her illness.The docs have told us that it's hereditary. So for you to open up is very brave.I pray that you continue to connect with strong people and grow in faith.Peace.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I posted in another thread how I had a friend who was schizophrenic, and once he left his job for a period to get meds adjusted, and I took the job he left (in electronics) and I couldn't handle it. My friend went back to that job -- he is also a great guitar player and singer -- able to remember an amazing amount of songs, chords and lyrics.

I don't know that I have any brilliant intellectual abilities OR 'devout faith'. But you will find someone -- the field of Apologetics is an area where a lot of Christians blend theology with philosophy -- I used to be into it in college but lost interest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I posted in another friend how I had a friend who was schizophrenic, and once he left his job for a period to get meds adjusted, and I took the job he left (in electronics) and I couldn't handle it. My friend went back to that job -- he is also a great guitar player and singer -- able to remember an amazing amount of songs, chords and lyrics.

I don't know that I have any brilliant intellectual abilities OR 'devout faith'. But you will find someone -- the field of Apologetics is an area where a lot of Christians blend theology with philosophy -- I used to be into it in college but lost interest.

When I was 13, before I seemed to have (m)any schizophrenic symptoms, I could do some crazy intelligent things.

I hope you'e right about someone blending theology and philosophy - someone knowing how to prove the Bible before they use the Bible, or at least enlightening me on their devout thinking.

I've been listening to Christian music the past hour. Christian music just seems to help heal both spiritually and physically, to a degree at least.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I agree about music.
I have just started to poke into the APOLOGETICS forum here at CF -- not sure if it is as how I remember Apologetics to be in the past.
I too seemed smarter at 12-13 than I am in my old age.
I killed many brain cells with drinking, and my once steel-trap mind kinda rusted out.

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
When I was 13, before I seemed to have (m)any schizophrenic symptoms, I could do some crazy intelligent things.

I hope you'e right about someone blending theology and philosophy - someone knowing how to prove the Bible before they use the Bible, or at least enlightening me on their devout thinking.

I've been listening to Christian music the past hour. Christian music just seems to help heal both spiritually and physically, to a degree at least.
Yes it does.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you really are that smart and don't find the local pastors compelling then I suggest you google William Lane Craig and check out some of his stuff on his site or youtube channel and if you feel compelled to do so buy some of his books. It doesn't get more intellectual from a christian perspective than his stuff.

Upvote 0

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟35,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I am an amateur musician... and I'm 54... I'm also a minister.
I am convinced that music is a language without words... on a spiritual level.
That's why music was used in the Old Testament to help a prophet get "in the Spirit" to prophesy.
And it was also why David's playing a harp was able, on its own, to drive the evil spirit away from King Saul... though it came back when the music was gone.

I recommend for you to not seek out anything else than only the Lord.
God has given you this IQ for His own purpose.
Put it to use by imbibing the Scriptures.
Don't allow any other voices in. Just the Bible.

You will be amazed at the peace that will pervade your spirit, soul, and body, when you do this.

Satan will use people--even good-sounding, and well-meaning people-- to insert discord and confusion into your mind. Demons want conflict of ideas. Ideas about the Scriptures. Demons want discussions about the Scriptures that bring arguments in the mind.

Let it all go.
Just tune in to God through His word.

And then, open yourself completely to Him.
He will show you Himself.
He loves you intensely, and wants a personal relationship with you.
He wants to visit you, and talk with you.

Now, if you don't get immersed in the Bible, and only want a spiritual experience, that approach is very dangerous. But if you are hungry for God Himself, He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

And it just might cure your schizophrenia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Speaking of "curing my schizophrenia", my psychiatrist once indicated that he thought I might get better one day. There's always the chance he retracted that statement, because I have had my times, but it's encouraging to hear that.

Upvote 0

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟35,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My exhusband is schizophrenic.
But I noticed that during the times he focused on reading the Bible for an hour a day, and on praying early every morning for at least 1/2 hour, he was a different person. Calmer, more focused, less paranoid, and made better decisions.

Reactions: Satanist.
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Praying for you :prayer::oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

justwokeup

Apr 19, 2017
Helsinki
✟8,598.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
People, try to be caring and understanding towards those who suffer. I just want to say that general and prevailing attitude means a lot and gives the sense of security.
Often patients are not a burden, they are not gate-keepers standing in the way of God's people, no matter how it seems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matthew13:9

Nov 13, 2017
ontario
✟3,460.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Ask me a question.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
It's interesting see who smart or intelligent people attract: not that they are more or less, it's just interesting.

Something I recently decided to do, might help you: I decided that I am not going to shop around for "pastors" - I am going to expect to see the Wisdom of God, in the pastor I already have got.

If you can see the value of this or that in life, that is great,, but greater still knowing you share that - in a way that fundamentally requires your all.

For example, how many ways can you reinterpret John 3:16?

-

I'm glad you had the presence of mind, to just be unbiased actually.

Upvote 0