Earth
✟168,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That's what men's doctrines have taught you. You aren't staying in God's Word about this. Satan definitely CAN... come to this earth, and appear in person, WITHOUT being born of woman!

Didn't you ever read Genesis 18 and especially Genesis 19 about the two angels that went to Lot in Sodom and Gomorrah? The sodomites in the city saw those two angels as 'men', and wanted to have sex with them.

Those angels didn't have to be born of woman to appear on earth with the image of man! That's a silly doctrine of men that try to require that!
My friend.
I did not say he could not appear as a man. I never said that. I just said he could not be incarnate as fully human.

Please stop putting words in my mouth.

Please stop saying “doctrine’s of men have taught” me.
Where do you think the Bible came from? The very Church I am quoting from. The early Church Fathers.

I know about fallen Angels seducing women. But the difference is these offspring were not fully human.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My friend.
I did not say he could not appear as a man. I never said that. I just said he could not be incarnate as fully human.

I'm not the one putting words in other people's mouths! I NEVER said Satan would EVER be incarnate in the flesh! THAT was YOUR... idea. And you delivered YOUR idea to me in your post like you're were trying to correct... me! You failed miserably!

And IF... you believe Satan cannot appear on earth with the image of man, JUST like the angels in God's Word are shown to have done, WHICH WAS THE SUBJECT OF MY POST THAT YOU BYPASSED, and now YOU have become obstinate because of YOUR mistake, then you need to back off.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My friend.

Please stop saying “doctrine’s of men have taught” me.
Where do you think the Bible came from? The very Church I am quoting from. The early Church Fathers.

I know about fallen Angels seducing women. But the difference is these offspring were not fully human.

By the way, the idea that Satan cannot appear on earth without... a flesh body, IS A DOCTRINE OF MEN.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
May God rebuke you, you white-washed wall. That's all people like you can do is speak with spite and dishonor.
My friend. He was just pointing out the fallacy your argument. There is no need for name calling. If you cannot justify why he is wrong, then you are the the one who stands to be corrected. I am sorry.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My friend. He was just pointing out the fallacy your argument. There is no need for name calling. If you cannot justify why he is wrong, then you are the the one who stands to be corrected. I am sorry.

No, he was being RUDE, just like YOU also are being right now!

And I showed the relevant Bible Scripture that supports what I taught, and no one here has even tried... to counter that per God's Word. INSTEAD, I've been given RUDE responses that show HATRED and SPITEFULNESS, WHICH REVEALS AN ANTI-CHRISTIAN ATTITUDE TOWARDS ME.

And it's not the first... time he has spouted off hot air at trying to insinuate that I'm trying to play God with my Bible teaching.

He said:
"So there are Traditions of Men, which are wrong, and Revelations of Davy, which are correct. Close?"

Lord Jesus warned us about the leaven doctrines of men, pointing to religious fodder added to God's Word. Jesus even used the many baskets of fragments gathered up with His miracles of the loaves and fishes to represent that leaven of the doctrines of men added... to God's Word.

And to falsely insinuate that what I'm covering in God's Holy Writ are MY OWN REVELATIONS is AN INSULT.

What I've covered is easy to fathom by simply staying in God's Word line upon line, verse by verse, as written. It's those who leave... God's written Word that are responsible for adding leaven doctrines of men.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No, he was being RUDE, just like YOU also are being right now!

And I showed the relevant Bible Scripture that supports what I taught, and no one here has even tried... to counter that per God's Word. INSTEAD, I've been given RUDE responses that show HATRED and SPITEFULNESS, WHICH REVEALS AN ANTI-CHRISTIAN ATTITUDE TOWARDS ME.
I’m not being rude, my friend. Though I am sorry you are upset.
God bless you.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m not being rude, my friend. Though I am sorry you are upset.
God bless you.

When you take up for someone who has insulted, that means you are supporting that insulting person's act. It's like aiding and abetting in the criminal world, though with words.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I never said that. I just said he could not be incarnate as fully human.
What you're saying is supported by early Church Fathers. But how did they reach this conclusion?

Enoch's theory is nonsense. But I will not get into this :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What you're saying is supported by early Church Fathers. But how did this reach this conclusion?

Enoch's theory is nonsense. But I will not get into this :).
I linked it earlier:
The devil will take abode in him but he will not be incarnate as human. Only Christ was made incarnate as human.
The Antichrist: an Orthodox Perspective from the Church Fathers. Fr. Andrew J. Anderson

This isn't controversial. Orthodox Saints have talked about Satan appearing as an angel of light in order to deceive.

A n g e l s
Demonic Reality — St. Mary Magdalene Orthodox Church
Counterfeit Angels
Visions and How the Devil Uses Them, Enticing Even the Greatest of Ascetics into His Net

That dimension you’re talking about is above what is called the Firmament and the waters above the firmament. Like a Bridal Veil but for Heaven.

Also, I never said believed it. I just said I knew about the Book of Enoch.

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Will Joseph

Jul 10, 2020
Bronx
✟26,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Job 1:6-7
"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
"And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi everybody. I'd just like to let you all know that I've been reading the Bible and a random thought popped into my head, so naturally it has to be true, and it's what the Bible plainly says. Because I'm saying it, and I read the Bible correctly, therefore it must be true.

So if you listen to what churches have been saying for two thousand years then you aren't believing the Bible; because, as already established, I'm the guy who understands the Bible, I said so, so it must be true. So if you want to believe the Bible, then you have to believe whatever I say.

This is a totally reasonable and rational thing I am saying, that any God-fearing Christian person would believe just because I said it.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not a random thought that Satan and his will be here defacto on earth. (Rev 12)

1st witness to this is Isaiah 14, he will sit on the throne on the sides of the north proclaiming to be God. This has never happened yet, it is future.

It's what he's always wanted and it will be God that sends the delusion because people would rather believe a lie than accept the love of the truth.

Revelation 12 clearly states he will be kicked out but the saints will overcome him by their testimony.

Revelation 12:11 "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

This mirrors this verse,

Revelation 2:10 "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.."

Again, this is future, not happened yet.

II Corinthians 11:14 "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

Transformed is Greek word -3345 metaschematizo- to transfigure or disguise

He will be here to mimic Christ and the most of the world will fall for it. If people were not going to lay eyes on Satan himself, there would be no need for the disguise. That's the ultimate deception.

People need to be prepared for that. Paul says one has to have the full armour on for this very reason. That's the only way you will be able to stand in that "evil day"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It's not a random thought that Satan and his will be here defacto on earth. (Rev 12)

1st witness to this is Isaiah 14, he will sit on the throne on the sides of the north proclaiming to be God. This has never happened yet, it is future.

Isaiah 14 doesn't say anything about the devil, it is a prophecy against Nebuchadnezzar II.

It's what he's always wanted and it will be God that sends the delusion because people would rather believe a lie than accept the love of the truth.

Revelation 12 clearly states he will be kicked out but the saints will overcome him by their testimony.

Revelation 12:11 "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

The devil's already been kicked out, and Christ has already defeated him. God's people overcome the devil because their victory is in Jesus Christ who suffered, died, and rose from the dead defeating the powers of sin, death, hell, and the devil.

This mirrors this verse,

Revelation 2:10 "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.."

Again, this is future, not happened yet.

The Church in Smyrna was suffering persecution, like many of her sister churches in Asia--which was the occasion for why St. John wrote the Revelation. It has nothing to do with the future.

II Corinthians 11:14
"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

Transformed is Greek word -3345 metaschematizo- to transfigure or disguise

Yes, the devil is a liar. The devil isn't a goat-headed creature, he's a liar that lies.

He will be here to mimic Christ and the most of the world will fall for it. If people were not going to lay eyes on Satan himself, there would be no need for the disguise. That's the ultimate deception.

The un-believing people of the world are already estranged from Christ. The more serious danger is the way the devil comes under the pretense of holiness, righteousness, and goodness. Additionally, men come to believe that the devil is powerful, and so they attribute wonders to the devil, such as saying that the devil can grant people power, and then convince God's people to be fearful of such power. Superstition is a problem that continues to plague the Church. We can see this diabolical superstition everytime a Christian claims there are "dark powers" afoot, and gets terrified by things like Halloween, or think Satanists are a legitimate threat, or think that witches and witchcraft involves real supernatural power of some kind. These are the devil's lies, these are lies the devil tells, and many of the Faithful are duped by it.

Resist the devil and he will flee.

Christ has already won the victory. Put your faith in Him.

People need to be prepared for that. Paul says one has to have the full armour on for this very reason. That's the only way you will be able to stand in that "evil day"

The full armor of God is our faith and hope in Jesus Christ and His Gospel. We guard ourselves against the fiery arrows of the devil--all of his lies--by guarding ourselves with our faith in Jesus Christ.

Therefore, guard yourself against his lies, confessing:

"I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, His only-begotten Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; He descended into hell. The third day He rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. From whence He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the Communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
"

Nothing from the devil's pathetic little arsenal can penetrate this wall of faith that guards us and keeps us in Jesus Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
doesn't say anything about the devil, it is a prophecy against Nebuchadnezzar II.

Since when did King Nebuchadnezzar II sit in on the sides of the north in Jerusalem and proclaim to be God? He himself had his own gods/idols he worshipped. ..It's true that the traditions of men truly do make void the word of God.

The devil isn't a goat-headed creature
Of course not, that's the point. He will be here disguised as an angel of light.

Revelation 12:10 "And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power [authority] of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."

This has not happened yet.

Superstition is a problem that continues to plague the Church. We can see this diabolical superstition everytime a Christian claims there are "dark powers" afoot, and gets terrified by things like Halloween, or think Satanists are a legitimate threat, or think that witches and witchcraft involves real supernatural power of some kind. These are the devil's lies, these are lies the devil tells, and many of the Faithful are duped by it.

This is all the nonsense of the world. No one with any real faith is scared of the stuff like this that goes on in the world. This is the complete opposite of how Satan will be. That's the deception and the snare that will come across the entire world. Are we to be afraid of that? No, we are to stand with the armour on against it.

The armour is not for surviving every day life. As Paul declares it's to be able to stand in that "evil day" That evil day has not happened yet.

Therefore, guard yourself against his lies, confessing:

We guard ourselves with our faith in Christ and the Word of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Since when did King Nebuchadnezzar II sit in on the sides of the north in Jerusalem and proclaim to be God? He himself had his own gods/idols he worshipped. ..It's true that the traditions of men truly do make void the word of God.

The text explicitly tells you that it is a prophecy against the king of Babylon. And no where in the text is the devil even so much as hinted at.

But I'm the one with "traditions of men" making "void the word of God"? Oh do go on.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have to rightly divide the word and know when we are merely talking about human men/kings and Satan himself. Just as the Assyrian in Ez 31 is talking about Satan , so is the king of Babylon/Lucifer in Isaiah. They are all types and they all point to Satan. He is the main king of Babylon for the end times. And we all know Babylon means confusion.

We have to take the Bible as a whole and keep everything in context,

We know the king of Babylon never sat on the throne in Jerusalem proclaiming to be God. That's our first clue that we are not talking about a human king,

Isaiah 14:3 "And it shall come to pass in the day that the Lord shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve,"

We are already talking about the future here, we go down farther,

Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

Isaiah 14:13 "For thou hast said in thine heart, `I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:"

Again, the king of Babylon did not sit on the throne in Jerusalem, he set out to destroy Jerusalem.

Isaiah 14:14 "I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the MOST HIGH.

These last two verses totally mirror Paul's warning in 2nd Thes,

II Thessalonians 2:4 "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

Isaiah 14:15 "Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit."

"Revelation 20:3 "And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Ezekiel 31:8 "The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chestnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty."

Ezekiel 31:9 "I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him."

The garden of Eden is our clue again, that once again, we are talking about Satan.

Ezekiel 31:10 "Therefore thus saith the Lord God; `Because thou hast lifted up thyself in height, and he hath shot up his top among the thick boughs , and his heart is lifted up in his height

It's always the same, Satan through pride lifting himself and his heart up.

But God certainly declares who will be sitting in Jerusalem during the end times.

If you think these scriptures alude to someone or something else that's fine but to just put them off as random thoughts with nothing grounded in the Word to back them up isn't true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0