4meta

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2013
✟29,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can stop. You can overcome that temptation. It's your decision. The devil didn't make you do it. Let's keep this real & uncensored. You've tempted yourself from the satisfaction you receive from it. I've been there just like many others. If there was something you were not suppose to eat because it can harm your body or apparently kill you, you would do all you can to avoid from eating that particular food.

James 1:14
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

And if we're not careful, our lust can lead us to commit the thing(s) that God has commanded us not to do.

James 1:15
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

This is why we need God in our lives daily. I know I need God in my life daily. I've been fighting masturbation for sometime now & was considering to entertain myself until I saw this thread you posted. Now I feel better about myself for not doing so because your cry for encouragement reminded me that I do not have to let this happen. All I have to do is keep telling myself NO and continue to allow my mind to be consume with God's word, and allow his words to remind me that my body is a temple for the holy ghost to dwell in me like it was already explained...

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Remember Adam & Eve took from the tree of knowledge of good & evil. When evil was consumed, Adam & Eve thought it was good. Everything that looks good, taste good, sounds good, & feel good can actually be bad for you spiritually. Our life is a daily practice to endure temptation & we were reminded of this...

James 1:12
12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27
24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

You can beat this temptation sister. Be like NIKE and "just do it!"...I could not resist saying that but I do believe you can beat that temptation
:)

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm so disappointed in myself! I had with the help of God sworn off this specific sinful behavior and was doing so well with it (I wasn't even tempted to disobey and give in for so long) and the devil somehow someway got into my dreams two nights ago and made me dream of it and then when I woke up I was so in the grips of it that later I found myself doing the same sinful thing again without even thinking. Ugh! Satan got me good this time and I'm so mad at myself for not arming myself against it like I should've and not immediately thinking to pray (which has worked before) to get myself out of that temptation. :( Why did I do so well with resisting before and not this time? It feels like Satan knew that I was doing well and decided to throw all his might against me.

Satan is a trickster and he is very, very patient. He will let us think we have it all under control and then hit us when we least expect it (I have been pulled into sin via dreams as well).

We get back up, dust ourselves off, confess to the Lord and be on higher guard against it. We will fail in our walk from time to time, but God is faithful to forgive when we are truly repentant (and you seem to be).

Stay strong and walk on.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just pray for forgiveness and move on (though actually mean it when you pray, don't use His grace as an excuse to mess up). Try not to do it again. For some they can resist, for others its not so easy. And for some they can go decades then suddenly they mess up again. We are human and flawed. We can't be perfect. But we should try to grow and be as perfect as humanly possible.

Upvote 0

Freedomjoy

Oct 17, 2006
✟7,713.00
Faith
Christian
If your focus is on not sinning, good luck with not sinning! 1Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. The law + your flesh = failure. Paul tells us that in Romans Rom 7:15 For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.
God did not give us the Law so that we could keep them, he gave us the Law to show us our sinfulness so we would throw up our hands and say, Lord I can't keep these rules! I need a Savior!
God told Adam and Eve not to eat from the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil. God still doesn't want us to eat from that tree. God doesn't want to have a relationship with us based on, you can do this and you can't do that. He wants us to have a relationship based on His Love for us, not one based on behavior. God wants us to eat from The Tree of Life who is Jesus and His Finished Work on the Cross.
Take your eyes off of sin and your behavior and put it on what Jesus did for you.
You are Saved, you are Forgiven forever don't ask him for it, Thank Him for it, you are Holy, you are Righteous in His sight. He wants you to walk in that knowledge and put your eyes on Him and not yourself. When you grow in your knowledge of how much you are loved that Love will flood your heart and keep you from sinning, it's an automatic!
This is my very first post on this forum, I hope I have encouraged you.
God Loves YOU, Focus on that!
Your sister in Christ
Jill
PS Remember the POWER of Sin is the LAW! It is awesome when you find out that you have been freed from the Law. We are under a New Covenant with better promises!
Enjoy the Lord and the Freedom you have in Him!

Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Nathan98

May 15, 2017
Ontario
✟16,011.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm so disappointed in myself! I had with the help of God sworn off this specific sinful behavior and was doing so well with it (I wasn't even tempted to disobey and give in for so long) and the devil somehow someway got into my dreams two nights ago and made me dream of it and then when I woke up I was so in the grips of it that later I found myself doing the same sinful thing again without even thinking. Ugh! Satan got me good this time and I'm so mad at myself for not arming myself against it like I should've and not immediately thinking to pray (which has worked before) to get myself out of that temptation. :( Why did I do so well with resisting before and not this time? It feels like Satan knew that I was doing well and decided to throw all his might against me.

This is probably a crazy coincidence, and I'm not comparing myself to you, I'm just sharing. I also went through this exact same thing 2 days ago. But I was worried that God won't forgive me for that, even though I prayed for forgiveness many times, mostly for the exact same sin I caused. I pray that both of us can get through this temptation and get closer to God.

Upvote 0

Freedomjoy

Oct 17, 2006
✟7,713.00
Faith
Christian
This is probably a crazy coincidence, and I'm not comparing myself to you, I'm just sharing. I also went through this exact same thing 2 days ago. But I was worried that God won't forgive me for that, even though I prayed for forgiveness many times, mostly for the exact same sin I caused. I pray that both of us can get through this temptation and get closer to God.

If you have Jesus living in you, you are already close to God. You can't get any closer then Him living in you, and you in Him.
He loves you! He is not watching and counting how many sins you commit. He is saying look at me, not your sin. He does not want us Sin Focused. As you grow in how He sees you because of what HE has ALREADY done, you will sin less and less.
You were a caterpillar but now in Christ you are a Forgiven Butterfly! You are a New Creature in Christ Jesus. Fly Butterfly! You are so Very Much Loved by your Daddy Abba!
Jesus gave us a Perfect picture of how your Father relates to you in the story about the Prodigal Son, The Father didn't even bring up His sons sin and the Father didn't even wait for the son to stop confessing before he took Him in His arms!

2Co 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
2Co 5:18 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is your view on people who say the Bible doesnt mention mastrubation?

It comes under......"it is a shame to mention what is done in secret" Eph. 5:12.....also cutting off the right hand is for sure a clue......as well as anywhere it talks about uncleanness and purity. I used to wonder whether it was for sure a sin, for that reason, it is not explicitly named in the bible..........until the Lord answered my question one day and seriously convicted me.........erk. :/ It can be overcome, but we have to know how serious sin is, and how serious we are about following the Lord. Sexual purity is of utmost importance to God....without holiness no one will see the Lord. It is more challenging for men, and if they cannot contain they need to marry......the gift of singleness is not for everyone. I believe the Lord extends grace depending on maturity and how serious we are about seeking Him to eradicate sin in our life.......otherwise He knows how to discipline His children and there will be consequences.

So much better not to learn the hard way.....I know someone with OCD because of it, he became obsessed with washing his hands, he confided in me, but it is a hard thing to beat once it becomes bondage, like any sin......he has backslidden sadly........sin separates us from God. I think he needs to become desperate enough to really cry out for God's help, and that is why the Lord allowed it to become bondage, in hopes that he will become desperate. Sin is such a deception and a trap. There is nothing but nothing in this life worth losing what we have with the Lord.

Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It happens. I ha
It happens. I went through the same thing not too long ago. I had even made some changes in my life to avoid that particular sin. But I fell again. I got back up though and have avoided that temptation for a month now

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can just see it now:

Humble "sinner" want to know about God and comes to this Christian site and finds this thread and says "Look at what these Christians are doing! Im outta here!"

I believe some things are better left between you and God

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
derpytia.. Christ did it ALL! And some feeling or thought that He is just not as happy with us.. is a lie. He did what we can't so we can be with Him forever.

Now there is nothing, no one that controls us or makes us do anything. Now.. read Ps 4 every night. So the power to stop is in you. No sin has a right to control you.. He set you free. We all get temped and fall sometimes. The flesh has not been changed yet so.. that battle will be there till He come and we will be as He is. So KEEP resisting the devil. Phil 4 on what to be thinking on.

And we do what we want to period. When temped He always makes a way out.. this is written. We HAVE to make the choice to go that way. Whom the son sets free is free indeed. I read some others talking about other things. Man Woman.. yeah... thats IN US haha. So sometimes.. go for a walk.. take a cold shower.. Jesus IS LORD and He does not condemn us..

SuperHero Sam.. its where your THOUGHTS mind goes.. other than that.. ask HIM.. its what He says not man

• Winner
Reactions: Kerensa
Upvote 0

Kerensa

Apr 20, 2017
Kent
✟103,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is something I should think nearly all of us have struggled with and still do at times, friend. It's very hard, I know, especially with all the constant bombardment of temptations we get in today's society. But although we will probably always need to be watchful over our thoughts for as long as we're dealing with the material and mortal world, trust me, it DOES get easier and we CAN find and claim our freedom.

One thing that has helped me most of all is to realise that God isn't up there tut-tutting or getting mad at me when I find myself tempted by sensual thoughts and behaviour. He is right here with me, championing me, giving me whatever better and higher and purer (and more truly loving!) thoughts I need right now to replace the sinful thoughts and temptations. It just takes saying NO to the inappropriate thoughts (no matter how many times we have to do that) and turning to God determinedly, over and over if needed, every time. He won't leave you or let you down. He knows — and loves — you better than that! ;)

It's also so important not to beat yourself up if you do slip. Wallowing in shame and guilt and self-condemnation is just one of the devil's tricks to get us running away from God in fear that we're in big trouble, rather than running TO the only One who can lift us higher and hold us there. Again, just keep turning back to Him — ask Him outright what better and more unselfish and more truly fulfilling things He has for you to think about and do right now. He'll tell you, as long as you keep listening.

One more thing that's so important, I've found, is to keep on getting to know God better at all times, not only when temptations are threatening to overwhelm — just spend time praying and getting to know His presence, His love, right with you now. The more clear and real-all-the-time God's love becomes to us, the less the temptations come knocking in the first place — or when they do come, it's that much easier to see them for the lies they are about God's child, say no, and move forward. Yes, it takes persistence, but it really, really does pay off — and there's so much to learn about REAL satisfaction and REAL, pure, truly wonderful love, along the way. :glowingstar:

God bless!

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Don't be obsess about personal holiness kiddo. Stay focused on Christ. "Be ye holy as I'm holy" (1 Peter 1:16). Although, it's a call to holiness another way of looking at it is this: Jesus is speaking to you that you're already holy because He's holy. God bless :).

• Agree
Reactions: Kerensa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Don't be obsess about personal holiness kiddo. Stay focused on Christ. "Be ye holy as I'm holy" (1 Peter 1:16). Although, it's a call to holiness another way of looking at it is this: Jesus is speaking to you that you're already holy because He's holy. God bless :).
"Don't be obsessed": sorry about the typo.

Upvote 0

Ray Blick

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2017
Australia
✟49,330.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yep, struggled with that before not that long ago too. Some say that it takes one month to change a habit.
Habitual sinful behaviours bring in demonic strongholds in our lives and can cause our conscience to be seared but you dear sibling are genuinely repentant.
Stop beating yourself up!
It's not so much that the act is bad, it's what or who you are fantasising about when you do it. That's where the trap is.
It's common in puberty for young ones to have accidents in the night.
Have they sinned?

My latest breakthrough was to overcome that lust that would try to overtake me by keeping a bag of crackers and a nice mellow red under my bed and have communion with Jesus before sleep.

A very sobering experience indeed. So far, so good.
Also listen to some soaking music while going to sleep you will find your thought patterns may change focus.

He is a merciful loving Father who's understanding no one can fathom.

Rest in Him

Upvote 0

Mafeking

Mafeking
May 29, 2013
I live the Greater Toronto Area of Canadae
Visit site
✟8,223.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others

derpytia, always remember that we sin when we are led away by our own lusts and enticed. You say satan got you but he did not force you. You made the final decision to do whatever you did. There is a certain consciousness even in our dreams that we can resist the thoughts that come in them. So next time you are having that dream just wake up and turn that bent of failure into victory. Go to GOD and do not rely on your own strength to overcome sinful tendencies. GOD is still with you and wants to help you overcome all weaknesses, so your situation is by no means helpless. I will offer a word of prayer on your behalf. I love you in JESUS CHRIST and I want to know that you through the power of GOD make it in your walk with Him. GOD bless.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satans goal is to put a wedge between you and God, it is not the sin that is the problem but the guilt. The devil want you to feel guilty so that you stop communicating with God.

I would say keep trying to be pure, but if you fail don't let it put a wedge between you and God. Accept the fact that God allows for weaknesses. God is not pushing you down. He is there to lift you up.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Keep Your thyrosin levels up so the Dopamine is up in other ways. Then You feel pleased. You can try this
Eat bananas, avocados, chicken, beef, almonds, youghurt. Avoid sugar and fatty foods. An advice I got from a person here. I personally am a fan of cottage cheese. Do some weightlifting and exersize too. It seems like some people are easily addicted into habits of different sorts. So change habit into a better habit instead. Every day You have lifted weights or dragged a tree from the forest and chopped it into nice pieces at home or a carried bucket of cement and made bricks or whatever weight of Your choice give Yourself a Grilled steak or chicken as a treat.

Upvote 0