✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
21,000 posts and we are all just meeting you this late. shame. :doh:
You shouda been in this section for years. :clap:

keep it up!:amen:

:) thank you for your words of encouragement ... they are truly appreciated ...

^_^ it would have been my time ... and that never works ... the Lord showed me to be fit for things as this one must be grounded in the Truth and as a reed not shaken ... steadfast ... I still shake a little from time to time ... just don't run any more ... learned when we run ... the enemy knows we're scared and what to work with ... and we should know we have nothing to fear ... so, I pray this time is His time ... He is our protector, our source of knopwledge, the power to equip our knowledge, and won't leave us, nor forsake us, eh? ...

God bless, my friend
lilmiss

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
people have seen them ... they had form ... an image ... were frightened by them

1 Samuel 28:12,13
Saul consults the medium of En-dor

And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried
with a loud voice: and the woman spake to
Saul, saying, Why hast thou deceived me?
for thou art Saul.
And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for
what sawest thou? And the woman spake unto
Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.

Revelation 16:13,14
the vials of wrath

And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come
out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the
beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
For they are the spirits of the devils, working mir-
acles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth
and the whole world, to gather them to battle of
that great day of God Almighty.

Job 4:14
Eliphaz rebukes Job

Then a spirit passed before my face;
the hair of my flesh stood up:
it stood still,
but I could not discern the form thereof:
an image was before mine eyes,
there was silence, and I heard a voice,
saying,

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
animals can be possessed of them ... are terrified of them ...

Matthew 8:31,32
the Gergesene demoniacs

So the devils besought him, saying, If thou
cast us out, suffer us to go away into the
heard of swine.
And he said unto them, Go. And when they
were come out, they went into the herd of
swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine
ran vilolently down a steep place into the
sea, and perished in the waters.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
they can speak

Mark 1:23,24,26
Jesus casts out demons

And there was in their synagogue a man with
an unclean spirit; and he cried out,
Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with
thee, thou Jesus of Nazereth? art thou come to
destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy
One of God.

And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and
cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.

Mark 3:11
many healed at the seaside

And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down
before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of
God.

Mark 5:12
the Gaderene demoniac healed

And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us
into the swine, that we may enter into them.

Mark 9:26
the powerlessness of the disciples

And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came
out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch
that many said, He is dead.

Matthew 12: 43,44
the sign of Jonah

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man,
he walketh through dry places, seeking rest,
and findeth none.
The he saith, I will return into my house from
whence I came out; and when he is come, he
findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

Luke 4:41
Jesus heals many at Capernaum

And devils also came out of many, crying out,
and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God.
And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak:
for they knew that he was Christ.

Acts 8:7
the gospel preached in Samaria

For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came
out of many that were possessed with them: and
many taken with palsies, and that were lame,
were healed.

Acts 19:15
Paul at Ephesus

And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus
I know, and Paul I know, but who are ye?

Job 1:7,9,10
Satan obtains permission to tempt Job

And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest
thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said,
From going to and fro in the earth, and from
walking up and down in it,

Then Satan answered the Lord, and said Doth
Job fear God for nought?
Hast thou not made a hedge about him, and about
his house, and about all that he doth on every side?
thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his
substance is increased in the land.
But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he
hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
they can see

Mark 3:11
many healed at the seaside

And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell
down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art
the Son of God.

They, the unclean spirits, have eyes to see Him, they know who He is....

John 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

And then we have believers but they don't see....
Matthew 13:12-13 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Why? They don't have "love of the truth." They can't have it for their "old man" gets in the way....ego. And ego is a cranky old fella' we have to crucify...sometimes each day.

1 Corinthians 15:30-31 And why stand we in jeopardy every hour? I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
They, the unclean spirits, have eyes to see Him, they know who He is....
John 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

And then we have believers but they don't see....
Matthew 13:12-13 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Why? They don't have "love of the truth." They can't have it for their "old man" gets in the way....ego. And ego is a cranky old fella' we have to crucify...sometimes each day.
1 Corinthians 15:30-31 And why stand we in jeopardy every hour? I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

thank you for your post :)

I know ... it's hard to wrap my brain around it sometimes ... I think also maybe it just isn't the Lord's time ... I mean, He's the one who opens them ... and then there are times He puts a slumber on some ...

it just makes me realize how much we really don't know about the bigger picture ... I know I've really had to work at letting go of some things through my life ... even when I could see, sometimes ...

to die daily ... oh, yea ... no doubt about it ... :D and sometimes it's just exhausting ...

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
feel prompted to post a little differently today ... a few years back I was very confused about something that kept happening repeatedly ... He showed me the spoiler ... that I could understand ...

the spoiler is the one who comes to spoil, ravage, plunder and render devestation and ruin ... he brings desolation ... to what should have been beauty and perfection ...

Judges 2:11-15
Israel's apostasy

And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the Lord, and served Baalim:
And they forsook the Lord God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods of the people that were rounded about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the Lord to anger.
And they forsook the Lord, and served baal and Ashtaroth.
And the anger of the Lord was hot against Israel, and he delivered them into the hands of the spoilers that spoiled them, and he sold them into the hands of their enemies round about, so that they could not any more stand before their enemies.
Withersoever they went out, the hand of the Lord was against them for evil, as the Lord had said, and as the Lord had sworn unto them: and they were greatly distressed.

companion verses

Judges 3:8
Othniel judges and delivers Israel

Therefore the anger of the Lord was hot against Israel, and he sold them into the hand of Chushanrishathaim king of Mesopotamia: and the children of Israel served Chushanrishathaim eight years.

Psalm 106:4-42
Israel sins agains God's love

2 Kings 17:20
the fall of samaria and the captivity of Israel

And the Lord rejected all the seed of Israel, and afflicted them, and delivered them into the hand of spoilers, until he had cast them out of his sight.

Leviticus 26:37
penalties for disobeience

And they shall fall one upon another, as it were before a sword, when none pursueth: and ye shall have no power to stand before your enemies.

Joshua 7:12,13
the sin of Achan

Therefore the children of Israel could not stand before their enemies, but turned their backs before their enemies, because they were accurses: neither will I be with you any more, except ye destroy the accursed from among you.
Up, sanctify the people, and say, Sanctify yourselves against tomorrow: for thus saith the Lord God of Israle, There is an accursed thing in the midst of thee, O Israel: thou canst not stand before thine enemies, until ye take away the accursed thing from among you.

Jeremiah 51:53-56
the Lord's judgement on Babylon

Though Babylon should mount up to heaven, and though she should fortify the height of her strength, yet from me shall spoilers come unto her, saith the Lord.
A sound of a cry cometh from Babylon, and great destruction from the land of the Chaldeans:
Because the Lord hath spoiled Babylon, and destroyed out of her the great voice; when her waves do roar like great waters, a noise of their voice is uttered:
Because the spoiler is come upon her, even upon Babylon, and her mighty men are taken, every one of their bows is broken: for the Lord God of recompences shall surely requite. (Ezekiel 39)

It's good to remember God is and will be in control ... even the enemy is subject to God ... and it will go to His will in the end. The Victory was already attained.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Strong's Bible Dictionary
spoiler

7701 ...

from 7736; violence, ravage, - desolation, destruction, oppression, robbery, spoil(-ed, -er, ing), wasting

7703 ...

a prim root prop to be burly, i.e. (fig) powerful (pass impregnable): by implication to ravage: - dead, destroy (-er), oppress, robber, spoil (-er) x utterly, (lay) waste

Habakkuk 1:1-4
Why does God permit injustice?

The burden which Habakkuk the prophet did see.
O Lord, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! even cry out unto thee of violence, and thou wilt not save!
Why doest thou show me iniquity, and cause me to hold grievance? for spoiling and violence are before me: and there are that raise up strife and contention.
Therefore the law is slacked, and judgement doth never go forth: for the wicked doth compass about the righteous; therefore wrong judgement proceedeth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Habakkuk 1:5-11
God's use of the chaldeans

Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvelously: for I will work a work in your days which ye will not believe, though it be told you.

For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces that are not their's.
They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their dignity shall proceed of themselves.
Their horses also are swifter than the leopards, and are more fierce than the evening wolves: and their horsemen shall spread themselves, and their horsemen shall come from far; they shall fly as the eagle that hasteth to eat.
They shall come all for violence: their faces shall sup up as the east wind, and they shall gather the captivity as the sand.
And they shall scoff at the kings, and the princes shall be a scorn unto them: they shall deride every strong hold; for they shall heap dust, and take it. Then shall his mind change, and he shall pass over, and offend, imputing this his power unto his god.

Colossians 2:8
warning against false teaching

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Jeremiah 51:53-56
the Lord's judgement on Babylon

Though Babylon should mount up to heaven, and though she should fortify the height of her strength, yet from me shall spoilers come unto her, saith the Lord.
A sound of a cry cometh from Babylon, and great destruction from the land of the Chaldeans:
Because the Lord hath spoiled Babylon, and destroyed out of her the great voice; when her waves do roar like great waters, a noise of their voice is uttered:
Because the spoiler is come upon her, even upon Babylon, and her mighty men are taken, every one of their bows is broken: for the Lord God of recompences shall surely requite. (Ezekiel 39)

Habakkuk 1:12-17
Why should God use the wicked?

Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction.

Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?
And makest men as the fishes of the sea, as the creeping things, that have no ruler over them?
They take up all of them with the angle, they catch them in their net, and gather them in their drag: therefore they rejoice and are glad.
Therefore they sacrifice unto their net, and burn incense unto their drag; because by them their portion is fat, and their meat plenteous. Shall they therefore empty their net, and not spare continually to slay the nations?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Epoisses

Apr 26, 2012
East coast
✟671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 10:13,21
Daniel's vision by the great river

But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood
me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of
my chief princes, came to help me: and I remained
there with the king of persia.

But I will show thee that which is noted in the scrip-
ture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with
me in these things, but Michael your prince.

Good thread.

There are two princes specifically mentioned in Dan. 10

The prince of Persia and the prince of Grecia or Greece.

Historical interpretation has always labeled these two as the literal heads of Persia and Greece hence the 4 ancient kingdoms of Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece and Rome.

But I have a problem with that. Michael is also mentioned as a prince and we know that he is one of the highest angels not a kingdom. Also how would human heads of kingdoms fight against one of the highest angels of heaven for 21 days? If a human being actually fought with an angel it would last 1 second and the angel would win. Therefore I have come to the conclusion that these two princes are actually fallen angels not ancient kingdoms. Satan is referred to as the king of Babylon in Isaiah and the prince of Tyrus in Ezekiel so maybe some of his highest angels have similiar names.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Good thread.

There are two princes specifically mentioned in Dan. 10

The prince of Persia and the prince of Grecia or Greece.

Historical interpretation has always labeled these two as the literal heads of Persia and Greece hence the 4 ancient kingdoms of Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece and Rome.

But I have a problem with that. Michael is also mentioned as a prince and we know that he is one of the highest angels not a kingdom. Also how would human heads of kingdoms fight against one of the highest angels of heaven for 21 days? If a human being actually fought with an angel it would last 1 second and the angel would win. Therefore I have come to the conclusion that these two princes are actually fallen angels not ancient kingdoms. Satan is referred to as the king of Babylon in Isaiah and the prince of Tyrus in Ezekiel so maybe some of his highest angels have similiar names.

ty for your post :)

my take ...

i believe these verses speak of Michael and Satan and his angels in heaven ... the battle there ... Michael being the prince of the children of God ... and the prince of Persia ... Satan ... this is pictured through scripture ...

some companion verses ...

Daniel 10:13

verse 20,21; Rev 12:1; Jude 9; Rev 12:7

verse 20,21
Daniels vision by the great river

Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto
thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of
Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of
Grecia come.
But I will show thee that which is noted in the scripture
of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these
things, but Michael your prince.

Revelation 12:1
the sun-clad woman

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven, a woman
clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and
upon her head, a crown of twelve stars:

Jude 9
judgement on false teachers

Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the
devil he disputed about the body of Moses durst not
bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The
Lord rebuke thee.

Revelation 12:7
Michael

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels
fought against the dragon: and the dragon fought with
his angels.

companion verses for Daniel 10:21

verse 13
Jude 9

prince of kingdom of Persia ... Satan
Michael, chief prince = Michael, the archangel

food for thought ... a verse that i believe speaks of the fallen angels ... i don't remember seeing this discussed, but may have been ...it's been a while since i spent much time here ...

Revelation 17:12
the doom of Babylon predicted

And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have recieved no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

the beast = anti-christ

i don't believe these kings are earthly ...

Upvote 0

Epoisses

Apr 26, 2012
East coast
✟671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Michael

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels
fought against the dragon: and the dragon fought with
his angels.

companion verses for Daniel 10:21

verse 13
Jude 9

prince of kingdom of Persia ... Satan
Michael, chief prince = Michael, the archangel

I agree.

Also some commentaries see Michael 'who is like God' as another name for Jesus and some see him as the highest or archangel.

What's your take?

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I agree.

Also some commentaries see Michael 'who is like God' as another name for Jesus and some see him as the highest or archangel.

What's your take?

i can say i've never given it any thought :) it doesn't seem so, to my immediate reaction, tho ... I just honestly don't know ... :D but now want to ...

thinking if Jesus is in paradise ... and Satan is held in heaven ... it wouldn't seem so ... i'm no doubt missing a huge amount here so will let it go at that ... ty, for something new to consider :) ...

Upvote 0