Satan and false teachers: How far would he go to convince an audience the speaker was from God?

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,179.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just saw a video from Kathryn Krick, who seems to specialize in the casting out of demons. Its pretty unnerving. Also how the anguish in the voices is so similar. That would be hard to replicate amongst different people I would think. Or people are better actors than we realize but I suspect not. (There are way too many horrible movies out there to refute that statement!)

So then I wondered if Satan could be behind this, convincing Kathryn she is of God, convincing the people that demons are really coming out of them, then giving them a sense of relief, peace and gratitude when its over. But it is treading a fine line here. Satan would be risking them eventually getting a profound faith in God. After all, many obviously false teachers like Kenneth Copeland and Benny Hinn have led people to Christ initially, then, upon further immersion in the Word, they've realized how "off" their leader was, and have gone on to other ministries. I have no idea how often this occurs and would suspect that most of the time they lose faith and just wander away from God completely which is exactly the devil's intent all along. Another thing is once they wander away they may more likely feel like "they've been through Christianity" and be harder to reach in the future. Satan would love that. Now they're entrenched in unbelief.

So how far do you think Satan would go in the area of false teachers?
And do you think many people initially led to Christ through a false teacher go on to deeper true faith or are they harder to reach later after falling away?

Last edited:
Reactions: Skye1300

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟213,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi I looked up her ministry and videos of sermons and all and it does not look like a solid Bible teaching church. The whole focus is on the power of God and when someone self glosses themself as an apostle they are trying to take a authoritative place in your life. In General these hyperpentacostal churches tend to chase signs and wonders above the word. Now as for what is going one it might be a show like the gold dust they put in the air conditioning vents at some churches. I do believe that there is a lot of demonic activity but do not think believers can be possessed. It would tell a lot as to who is getting the glory and I would look at Benny Hinn up there creating a spectacle where the Bible notes everything is to be done decently and in order. It also note when you speak in tongues let one or two speak and not with out an interpreter and this is often not followed in many places. I would steer clear of her.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟119,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I watched one video from Kathryn which was absolutely faked…
If I remember it was in a parking lot with some girl rolling around ….Her acting wasn’t bad but not great. She was probably coached by someone who pulled stuff from the internet.

These are some of the things I noticed from the video…they may have been more

*Always look at the movement ….some looked real…. some you can see she is propelling herself through her own volition…..When a devil spirit is in control all movement is involuntary, not purposely and frequently, it is considerably more aggressive.

*When she discharges the spit or whatever ….it’s voluntary not the type of vial ectoplasm you would see coming from a possessed person. ….nor is it typically what the exorcist portrayed.

*No tears when she is crying…

*The length of time all seemed to be all for show… When rebuking or casting out devils spirits…. they may be reluctant and fight back a little, but they are leaving rather quickly when you command them to do so.

*The name of Jesus who is our authority is never used …until afterwards.... when Kathryn is jumping up and down “Praise Jesus”

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Genesis - Jesus, He Knows Me

On the cover of the magazine
There's no question why I'm smilin'
You buy a piece of paradise
You buy a piece of me
I'll get you everything you wanted
I'll get you everything you need
You don't need to believe in hereafter
Just believe in me

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,179.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi I looked up her ministry and videos of sermons and all and it does not look like a solid Bible teaching church. The whole focus is on the power of God and when someone self glosses themself as an apostle they are trying to take a authoritative place in your life. In General these hyperpentacostal churches tend to chase signs and wonders above the word. Now as for what is going one it might be a show like the gold dust they put in the air conditioning vents at some churches. I do believe that there is a lot of demonic activity but do not think believers can be possessed. It would tell a lot as to who is getting the glory and I would look at Benny Hinn up there creating a spectacle where the Bible notes everything is to be done decently and in order. It also note when you speak in tongues let one or two speak and not with out an interpreter and this is often not followed in many places. I would steer clear of her.

You make some very good points!

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,179.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I watched one video from Kathryn which was absolutely faked…
If I remember it was in a parking lot with some girl rolling around ….Her acting wasn’t bad but not great. She was probably coached by someone who pulled stuff from the internet.

These are some of the things I noticed from the video…they may have been more

*Always look at the movement ….some looked real…. some you can see she is propelling herself through her own volition…..When a devil spirit is in control all movement is involuntary, not purposely and frequently, it is considerably more aggressive.

*When she discharges the spit or whatever ….it’s voluntary not the type of vial ectoplasm you would see coming from a possessed person. ….nor is it typically what the exorcist portrayed.

*No tears when she is crying…

*The length of time all seemed to be all for show… When rebuking or casting out devils spirits…. they may be reluctant and fight back a little, but they are leaving rather quickly when you command them to do so.

*The name of Jesus who is our authority is never used …until afterwards.... when Kathryn is jumping up and down “Praise Jesus”
Good clues to look for!

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,179.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Genesis - Jesus, He Knows Me

On the cover of the magazine
There's no question why I'm smilin'
You buy a piece of paradise
You buy a piece of me
I'll get you everything you wanted
I'll get you everything you need
You don't need to believe in hereafter
Just believe in me
I think I know what you're implying and its very true how false teachers put the focus on themselves, not Jesus.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I just saw a video from Kathryn Krick, who seems to specialize in the casting out of demons. Its pretty unnerving. Also how the anguish in the voices is so similar. That would be hard to replicate amongst different people I would think. Or people are better actors than we realize but I suspect not. (There are way too many horrible movies out there to refute that statement!)

So then I wondered if Satan could be behind this, convincing Kathryn she is of God, convincing the people that demons are really coming out of them, then giving them a sense of relief, peace and gratitude when its over. But it is treading a fine line here. Satan would be risking them eventually getting a profound faith in God. After all, many obviously false teachers like Kenneth Copeland and Benny Hinn have led people to Christ initially, then, upon further immersion in the Word, they've realized how "off" their leader was, and have gone on to other ministries. I have no idea how often this occurs and would suspect that most of the time they lose faith and just wander away from God completely which is exactly the devil's intent all along. Another thing is once they wander away they may more likely feel like "they've been through Christianity" and be harder to reach in the future. Satan would love that. Not they're entrenched in unbelief.

And do you think many people initially led to Christ through a false teacher go on to deeper faith in true ministries or are they harder to reach later after falling away?
Paul said that he did not care whether the gospel was preached for good or wrong motives. The gospel has the power to save.

Around 40 years ago, I read a book by a former medium and spiritualist. It was called "The Challenging Counterfeit". The writer, Raphael Gasson, stated that Satan does counterfeit miracles. He afflicts people and he can lift the affliction. There is a lot more, but yes, Satan can and does counterfeit the miraculous. That's why fruit is far more important than gifts. Real love, joy, peace, humility cannot be copied. We are called to bear fruit, not try to produce it.

False teachers certainly will have a lot to answer for. I've met numbers of Christians who have been led astray or utterly discouraged by the false. If they are truly born again, Lord Jesus will get them back on track.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟894,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So then I wondered if Satan could be behind this, convincing Kathryn she is of God, convincing the people that demons are really coming out of them, then giving them a sense of relief, peace and gratitude when its over. But it is treading a fine line here. Satan would be risking them eventually getting a profound faith in God. After all, many obviously false teachers like Kenneth Copeland and Benny Hinn have led people to Christ initially, then, upon further immersion in the Word, they've realized how "off" their leader was, and have gone on to other ministries. I have no idea how often this occurs and would suspect that most of the time they lose faith and just wander away from God completely which is exactly the devil's intent all along. Another thing is once they wander away they may more likely feel like "they've been through Christianity" and be harder to reach in the future. Satan would love that. Not they're entrenched in unbelief.

And do you think many people initially led to Christ through a false teacher go on to deeper faith in true ministries or are they harder to reach later after falling away?
She is a victim of an African hyper deliverance / Kingdom Now minister so the fruits may be questionable. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think it's all fake and the people pretending to be delivered are in on it, or it's the power of suggestion. Someone told them they were possessed then convinced them they were delivered.
I definitely believe false churches do more harm than good. It creates mistrust of all things Christian after someone has been burned when they trusted a false church. They then think all churches and all Christianity is false. Some may hang on and move to another real church but a lot may fall away and take years to come back if they come back at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some of those the OP named do more for the kingdom then most others. Jesus was told He had a demon for casting out demons. Satan does not can not will not go around saying YESHUA/JESUS Christ came in the flesh died on the cross for the worlds sin was buried raised the 3rd day is the only way to the Father.

A kingdom divided against itself will fall. Satan does not can not go around casting out Satan nor can Satan heal. Its faith...if we don't believe then we will never see these things. God will never go against our will.

Now I don't know this woman the op speaks up so I will not speak negative. People of God out in the open are easy target and my sin is not some how lol better then any sin or fault or doctrine she gets wrong. A false teacher is not someones DOCTRINE you personally disagree with. There are SO many believers out there our GOD has REALLY blessed so much more then I will ever see and THATS AWESOME! Yeah its HIS Kid not mine.. Yeah He can do what HE wants with HIs kids.

So if someone is wrong I will PRAY for them speak words of life since Christ NEVER shows them my sin my faults.. never once has He ...oh yet we they body do it. So what GOOD have they do they do? Should not the LIGHT know that first? How we treat the least of these HIS brethren (thats you and me) we are really treating Him. :)

• Winner
Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some of those the OP named do more for the kingdom then most others. Jesus was told He had a demon for casting out demons. Satan does not can not will not go around saying YESHUA/JESUS Christ came in the flesh died on the cross for the worlds sin was buried raised the 3rd day is the only way to the Father.

A kingdom divided against itself will fall. Satan does not can not go around casting out Satan nor can Satan heal. Its faith...if we don't believe then we will never see these things. God will never go against our will.

Now I don't know this woman the op speaks up so I will not speak negative. People of God out in the open are easy target and my sin is not some how lol better then any sin or fault or doctrine she gets wrong. A false teacher is not someones DOCTRINE you personally disagree with. There are SO many believers out there our GOD has REALLY blessed so much more then I will ever see and THATS AWESOME! Yeah its HIS Kid not mine.. Yeah He can do what HE wants with HIs kids.

So if someone is wrong I will PRAY for them speak words of life since Christ NEVER shows them my sin my faults.. never once has He ...oh yet we they body do it. So what GOOD have they do they do? Should not the LIGHT know that first? How we treat the least of these HIS brethren (thats you and me) we are really treating Him. :)
Beat me to it... well said. The OP reminds me a lot of Matt 12:24

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,179.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul said that he did not care whether the gospel was preached for good or wrong motives. The gospel has the power to save.

Around 40 years ago, I read a book by a former medium and spiritualist. It was called "The Challenging Counterfeit". The writer, Raphael Gasson, stated that Satan does counterfeit miracles. He afflicts people and he can lift the affliction. There is a lot more, but yes, Satan can and does counterfeit the miraculous. That's why fruit is far more important than gifts. Real love, joy, peace, humility cannot be copied. We are called to bear fruit, not try to produce it.

False teachers certainly will have a lot to answer for. I've met numbers of Christians who have been led astray or utterly discouraged by the false. If they are truly born again, Lord Jesus will get them back on track.

Great points! Its showing that truth can prevail even if its surrounded by lies. But if trust is destroyed Satan can use that very, very powerfully. Think about how someone gets saved. Everything revolves around trust. I see Satan using this technique much more in these recent times compared to a few decades ago. His tactics change as our attitudes change. Whatever works he will use. He's very adaptable and we have to be wary of this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,179.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it's all fake and the people pretending to be delivered are in on it, or it's the power of suggestion. Someone told them they were possessed then convinced them they were delivered.
I definitely believe false churches do more harm than good. It creates mistrust of all things Christian after someone has been burned when they trusted a false church. They then think all churches and all Christianity is false. Some may hang on and move to another real church but a lot may fall away and take years to come back if they come back at all.
So true. And Satan wields a powerful wand when he's playing with our trust. It can really make reaching them later extremely difficult.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Great points! Its showing that truth can prevail even if its surrounded by lies. But if trust is destroyed Satan can use that very, very powerfully. Think about how someone gets saved. Everything revolves around trust. I see Satan using this technique much more in these recent times compared to a few decades ago. His tactics change as our attitudes change. Whatever works he will use. He's very adaptable and we have to be wary of this.
And Satan is often the instigator of those changes. He still whispers in humanity's ear, casting doubt on God's word.

Upvote 0