Sarah Palin Reveals COVID diagnosis, urges people to wear masks and take pandemic seriously

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quite right. And if you don't want drunk drivers slamming into your car and killing you, don't go on the road. We certainly shouldn't be restricting people's freedom by enforcing laws against drinking and driving -- it should be a matter of personal choice. For that matter, if people want to drive on the wrong side of the road, why not? You're free to stay home if don't want to be "endangered" by them. Since I've seen people drive on the wrong side of the road and not hit anything, common sense tells me that driving on the right side of the road really doesn't do any good.
Yes, because driving on the road is obviously the same as choosing to enter a building full of bare faced people. The comparison is nonsense.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, because driving on the road is obviously the same as choosing to enter a building full of bare faced people. The comparison is nonsense.
If you think it's nonsense, explain why it is. If every building -- banks, office buildings, stores, churches, dental offices, hospitals -- can be full of bare-faced people, how is it an option to avoid them? Try spelling out what kind of world you think we should be living in, the one in which you get to avoid wearing a mask without endangering anyone else.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you think it's nonsense, explain why it is. If every building -- banks, office buildings, stores, churches, dental offices, hospitals -- can be full of bare-faced people, how is it an option to avoid them? Try spelling out what kind of world you think we should be living in, the one in which you get to avoid wearing a mask without endangering anyone else.
Simple. Don't get within ten feet of that unmasked rebel. If you still are paranoid, order all your food to your house and work from home. You take risks everyday you go out that are more risky than the tiny chance of dying from covid. If you want to avoid all risks, you are free to try and do so, but good luck with that.
I avoided crowds for a long time, so I wouldn't take any sickness to my Dad. It wasn't hard.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, it's happy making that we still believe in freedom here.
Wearing a mask and social distancing isn't losing your freedom. It's being responsible.
And the no maskers and maskers go to the same store
Not wearing a mask and social put live in danger. And for what? Lucky everyone's wearing a mask were I live.
I haven't seen any brawls.
There's been security guards assaulted by people refusing to wear a mask. People, that wear mask don't want to go close to people, that don't wear mask. Why would they?
Although I only go to the store about once a week maybe.
So maybe once a week , Someone can Give you COVID-19, Or you can give COVID-19 to someone else. Then COVID-19 spreads more. For no good reason.
Church was pretty packed today. Almost zero masks. We even shake hands sometimes. Gasp!
No mask or social distancing. And you think this is a good thing.
It's called freedom. Perhaps you've heard of it?
Christians don't usually preach about freedom. It have very little meaning for them. They typically have strict rules. Refusing to wear a mask and social distance isn't that big of deal. You're not losing your freedom. If you have COVID-19. You can be taking someone's life away.
No, it's the same rules for everyone who comes in. If you don't want " endangered" and you think masks do something, don't go to that church. No one making anyone " endanger" themselves.
I don't need to go to church. I can see it on line. I need to go to stores, take my dad to multiple Dr. appointments , blood work and life saving treatment. And so do other people Those places I feel my dad and I should have the right to be safe as possible. It's funny people complain about freedom. But these people have no care about, The people that need to be safe. They cant just stay home. No they can't, They need food and life saving treatments.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians don't usually preach about freedom. It have very little meaning for them. They typically have strict rules.
I guess if that's the kind of church you go to, have at it. I'm done arguing with all the Mask Nazi's.

• Agree
Reactions: seaofsand
Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟204,736.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wearing a mask and social distancing isn't losing your freedom. It's being responsible.

It also shows obedience to Christ. Not wearing a mask shows a person has no concern/compassion for our fellow man and/or worse, for those who are less fortunate than us (poor immune systems). Christ commanded we take care of those who are less fortunate than us. Infecting them so they can die a premature death or suffer from long-term damage to kidneys, lungs, heart, or brain is likely not what Christ had in mind.

Worst case scenario when wearing a mask, it does not help our fellow man, and we may have been very mildly inconvenienced in the attempt to help another, but we at least tried. Not wearing one, a choice made solely due to selfishness (me, me attitude), is guaranteed to have no chance to help our fellow man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your freedom ends when you endanger others.
But one must prove that he DID endanger others, not merely that "it could happen".

We know nothing of this poster or those he is around. Perhaps all are already immune, from some past exposure. Perhaps all are vaccinated. We don't know. We don't generally restrict people's movements and interactions based on "what could happen".

• Agree
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying if someone sneezes on produce . You cant get COVID-19.
I'm simply sharing the article here. If I see someone sneeze on something, I'm not buying it. But if you believe you have never purchased anything that was contaminated in some way, you would be wrong. We all have purchased dirty things, unknowingly.

I do still wipe off packaging, actually. It's a habit now. But they are saying this is not an important vector in sharing disease. We are all covered with bacteria and viruses and even staph (!!) all the time, but if our immune system is doing its job, we don't get sick.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm simply sharing the article here. If I see someone sneeze on something, I'm not buying it. But if you believe you have never purchased anything that was contaminated in some way, you would be wrong. We all have purchased dirty things, unknowingly.
Even before COVID-19. I seen 2 sick kids coughing on every condiments and cans, they can cough on. I've seen kids lick window doors at stores, where people put there hands. Kids touching things and putting thing in their month. And the parent take it away and put it back. This has taught me kids should have mask on at all times in stores. Or better yet shouldn't be allowed in stores. I believe we weren't informed enough about the dangers of flu's, and even worse COVID-19. Seeing how parents and kids have wise up and where mask. Makes me hopeful. Not that they have a choice right now. Unless they are under two. I haven't seen kids licking things lately.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even before COVID-19. I seen 2 sick kids coughing on every condiments and cans, they can cough on. I've seen kids lick window doors at stores, where people put there hands. Kids touching things and putting thing in their month. And the parent take it away and put it back. This has taught me kids should have mask on at all times in stores. Or better yet shouldn't be allowed in stores. I believe we weren't informed enough about the dangers of flu's, and even worse COVID-19. Seeing how parents and kids have wise up and where mask. Makes me hopeful. Not that they have a choice right now. Unless they are under two. I haven't seen kids licking things lately.
Really little kids do stuff like that. Always have. We probably did it too.

That's kind of overkill to say kids should be wearing masks at all times or not permitted in stores. This is a temporary aberration, not a life we want to continue with everyone wearing masks forever.

I've never had the flu ever. I'm concerned about the opposite effect, where no one is exposed to any normal germs so their immune systems weaken.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟161,415.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I've never had the flu ever. I'm concerned about the opposite effect, where no one is exposed to any normal germs so their immune systems weaken.

I don't think it works like that. Not being immunised against disease does nothing for the immune system. Having the immunisations has the same effect on the immune system as catching the real disease but with the risk of being ill greatly reduced.

You are lucky never to have had the flu. You may not be exposed to that virus because these days there is a high degree of herd immunity thanks to routine vaccination of a large section of the population.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, by all means wear that piece of cloth across your mouth, it does nothing, but make it harder to breathe.

I've been doing OK with wearing a mask, and I actually have been diagnosed with asthma. Last week when I went to get vaccinated I wore an N95, which is fairly restrictive compared to the simple cloth masks that are usually seen as acceptable. And I did OK.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Simple. Don't get within ten feet of that unmasked rebel. If you still are paranoid, order all your food to your house and work from home.

I've done just that for the past year. I know I'd encounter people who wouldn't be wearing a mask. So I'm not plussed by your line of logic at all. In fact I find it downright uncivil and inconsiderate.

I will not forget how millions of my fellow countrymen chose to put partisanship above public health.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've done just that for the past year. I know I'd encounter people who wouldn't be wearing a mask. So I'm not plussed by your line of logic at all. In fact I find it downright uncivil and inconsiderate.

I will not forget how millions of my fellow countrymen chose to put partisanship above public health.
I will not forget how millions of my fellow countrymen so easily conceded all their rights because there was a tiny chance they might die. That's not the kind of people who founded this country. Churches being closed, businesses forever ruined, countless lives ruined. The cure was worse than the problem and it's still going on.

• Agree
Reactions: seaofsand
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I will not forget how millions of my fellow countrymen so easily conceded all their rights because there was a tiny chance they might die. That's not the kind of people who founded this country. Churches being closed, businesses forever ruined, countless lives ruined. The cure was worse than the problem and it's still going on.

The cure looks like it is going to save three million American lives and prevent our health care system from collapsing. We can always rebuild our businesses, we can’t bring people back from the dead.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The cure looks like it is going to save three million American lives and prevent our health care system from collapsing. We can always rebuild our businesses, we can’t bring people back from the dead.
Not true. Many will never come back. And suicide rates soured. And we didn't save anything.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And suicide rates soured.

I expect you meant 'soared', but that's not what the data shows. Suicides were down in 2020.

345481_c959a12ba24cd67f4f97788f24c6666b.png

Upvote 0