Sarah Palin Reveals COVID diagnosis, urges people to wear masks and take pandemic seriously

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The former governor of Alaska and 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee-turned-TV personality confirms in a statement to PEOPLE that she contracted the coronavirus as did some of her family members, including 12-year-old son Trig.

Palin tells PEOPLE that COVID-19 can "really knock you down," encouraging everyone to remain vigilant about public health amid the ongoing pandemic.

In a plea to others to continue wearing masks in public, Palin joked about her surprise appearance on The Masked Singer last year.

"And history will show we Masked Singer visitors were masked before being masked was cool."

• Haha
Reactions: Sabertooth

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The former governor of Alaska and 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee-turned-TV personality confirms in a statement to PEOPLE that she contracted the coronavirus as did some of her family members, including 12-year-old son Trig.

Palin tells PEOPLE that COVID-19 can "really knock you down," encouraging everyone to remain vigilant about public health amid the ongoing pandemic.

In a plea to others to continue wearing masks in public, Palin joked about her surprise appearance on The Masked Singer last year.

"And history will show we Masked Singer visitors were masked before being masked was cool."
Would have been meaningfull 6-9 months ago.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I commend her for showing better leadership than Former Guy did all last year throughout the pandemic.
Followership. This is a year into the pandemic.

Its minimal acknowledgment of reality, which I guess deserves a medal these days.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Its minimal acknowledgment of reality, which I guess deserves a medal these days.
Eh, I’m feeling generous. If it weren’t for the last guy doing so poorly, slightly better than the bare minimum wouldn’t cut it.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, by all means wear that piece of cloth across your mouth, it does nothing, but make it harder to breathe.
I breath completely fine with a mask and social distancing. My dad breath just fine with a mask. And he has Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Crying about the mask makes it harder to breathe. Is pathetic. The people that I know, That got COVID-19. Didn't believe in the mask either. Until they got COVID-19. The living seem to take it very serious now.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Yes, by all means wear that piece of cloth across your mouth, it does nothing, but make it harder to breathe.

Don't you want Sarah Palin to think you're cool?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I breath completely fine with a mask and social distancing. My dad breath just fine with a mask. And he has Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Crying about the mask makes it harder to breathe. Is pathetic. The people that I know, That got COVID-19. Didn't believe in the mask either. Until they got COVID-19. The living seem to take it very serious now.

I have no problem working out in a mask. I can do home renovations for extended periods of time in a well-fitted half-face respirator. The people complaining about breathing difficulty are whiners.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have no problem working out in a mask. I can do home renovations for extended periods of time in a well-fitted half-face respirator. The people complaining about breathing difficulty are whiners.
Well it is whining season now that the Dems are in office.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Yes, wearing a mask does make it harder for me to breathe because of my asthma, but I still choose to wear one. It's a personal choice. However, I'm not going to argue with other people about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

It cuts down on the volume of things moving in and out of the mask, which obviously does nothing? I liked it more when GOP propaganda didn't try to fit mutually contradictory ideas into the same sentence.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

Still, she has had the courage to reject both her political party and her religion to do it. Good for her.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Still, she has had the courage to reject both her political party and her religion to do it. Good for her.
Perhaps I should be more charitable toward people who break free from their conditioning, even at such a late date.

• Friendly
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only way to totally avoid the possibility contacting it is to avoid all people. That piece of cloth isn't going to do anything.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It cuts down on the volume of things moving in and out of the mask, which obviously does nothing? I liked it more when GOP propaganda didn't try to fit mutually contradictory ideas into the same sentence.
It holds bacteria. It puts whatever you touch on your face because you're constantly touching your mask.
I suspect it's done more to spread the virus than to stop it.
In a sterile environment, where you use it once and then toss, and not in the regular garbage where it's just going to spread, then it makes some sense. That's not what happens in the real world.

Upvote 0