Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2004
✟30,978.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't agree with your implied acceptance of Romney as a "strong candidate." Santorum was probably the strongest candidate in a pretty weak GOP field IMO. I don't think Romney has a chance tbh.

Santorum really didn't have the name recognition or funding to make a serious run for the nomination this time around. Next time.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of the two candidates, IMO Romney is the far weaker, more wobbly, inconsistent, hypocritical candidate full of ammunition for Obama to go to town on....so I'm glad he's got it locked up. I prefer Obama to these GOP Medicare-stripping union-busting CEO-protectors.

Upvote 0

princess_ballet

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Michigan
✟16,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Of the two candidates, IMO Romney is the far weaker, more wobbly, inconsistent, hypocritical candidate full of ammunition for Obama to go to town on....so I'm glad he's got it locked up. I prefer Obama to these GOP Medicare-stripping union-busting CEO-protectors.

Great. Because things are going so well right now. :doh:

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Santorum was probably the strongest candidate in a pretty weak GOP field IMO.

Can't say the GOP field was weak. Thought each had some pretty good things to offer. But agree that Santorum was probably the strongest conservative.

Santorum really didn't have the name recognition or funding to make a serious run for the nomination this time around.

Agree. Afterall it took Romney several tries before he was successful. (This is not his first "dance". He already had a good organization in place. Santorum didn't really have very much at all.)

Upvote 0