Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

A lot of uprising against the government in Iran.
US sanctions imposed are taking their toll.

Their people are also tired of their meddling in other countries. There appears to be less and less support of the Iranian people for the Iranian government.
M-Bob

• Informative
Reactions: redleghunter

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Their people are also tired of their meddling in other countries. There appears to be less and less support of the Iranian people for the Iranian government.
M-Bob
The last uprising the Green Movement in 2009 was not supported by Obama. Instead he opted to deal with the mullahs crushing that uprising.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The sanctions by the US are about as smart as thinking that hitting a hornet's nest is a productive solution.
Strangely enough, a lot of Iranians understand the sanctions. The Iranian government is controlled by hard line Muslims who do not represent the majority view. Iran is not Saudi Arabia. The people are educated, sophisticated and intelligent. Saudis are no fools but they are bound up by Islam. I'd love to see the Iranians have a secular government where people could choose their way of life and religion. Many Iranians think the same. I don't believe violent revolution is ever a good thing. I hope that the unrest in Iran leads to an exception to that rule.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

M-Bob
Here’s a bit more on the Green Revolution:

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The sanctions by the US are about as smart as thinking that hitting a hornet's nest is a productive solution.

I've taken several courses studying this from various perspectives, and your statement is congruent with the assessments of my professors, who all have a depth of experience (most influentially to me - Abbas Milani, the director of the Iranian program at Stanford; Siegfried S. Hecker, a former director of Los Alamos who is internationally regarded as an authority on nuclear security threats; two former U.S. Ambassadors; and a law professor who is the co-director of the Stanford Center on International Conflict and Negotiation - so I mean, they're not dilettantes.) That's actually an apt analogy for how they've characterized the profoundly counterproductive strategy and sanctions that have exacerbated human rights abuses; further strangled the Iranian economy (though ultimately Khamenei is at fault for economic misery) and cruelly intensified the extraordinary suffering and hardship on the innocent; strengthened Iran's radicals; been detrimental to our relationship with our allies who'd also signed JCPOA; and are impotent in ending the Iranian regime's pursuit of a nuclear weapon. The hornet's nest is Khamenei, and those stung by the U.S. taking swings at it are the Iranian people, while his regime wear protective gear.

Khamenei is evil and sadistic, his regime shamefully barbaric, misogynistic, narcissistic, hypocritical, and unfathomably warped. He deserves to be hated by his people, because he has behaved with unadulterated hatred towards them, torturing, starving, and demoralizing routinely. It's important to note that he is in no way the victim of anything. He is the architect of a hell on Earth that he has made for his own people. Prohibition of open negotiations with the US, which Khamenei ordered in retribution, has caused Iran $3 billion in direct financial damage, as well as indirect financial, intellectual and emotional damage. About 3 million Iranians are at the poverty line, trying to just survive the day.

Trump could help the democracy movement while hurting the regime.

Dr. Milani also wrote:
To win on Iran, Trump should take a page from Reagan's diplomatic playbook

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I've taken several courses studying this from various perspectives, and your statement is congruent with the assessments of my professors, who all have a depth of experience (most influentially to me - Abbas Milani, the director of the Iranian program at Stanford; Siegfried S. Hecker, a former director of Los Alamos who is internationally regarded as an authority on nuclear security threats; two former U.S. Ambassadors; and a law professor who is the co-director of the Stanford Center on International Conflict and Negotiation - so I mean, they're not dilettantes.) That's actually an apt analogy for how they've characterized the profoundly counterproductive strategy and sanctions that have exacerbated human rights abuses; further strangled the Iranian economy (though ultimately Khamenei is at fault for economic misery) and cruelly intensified the extraordinary suffering and hardship on the innocent; strengthened Iran's radicals; been detrimental to our relationship with our allies who'd also signed JCPOA; and are impotent in ending the Iranian regime's pursuit of a nuclear weapon. The hornet's nest is Khamenei, and those stung by the U.S. taking swings at it are the Iranian people, while his regime wear protective gear.

Khamenei is evil and sadistic, his regime shamefully barbaric, misogynistic, narcissistic, hypocritical, and unfathomably warped. He deserves to be hated by his people, because he has behaved with unadulterated hatred towards them, torturing, starving, and demoralizing routinely. It's important to note that he is in no way the victim of anything. He is the architect of a hell on Earth that he has made for his own people. Prohibition of open negotiations with the US, which Khamenei ordered in retribution, has caused Iran $3 billion in direct financial damage, as well as indirect financial, intellectual and emotional damage. About 3 million Iranians are at the poverty line, trying to just survive the day.

Trump could help the democracy movement while hurting the regime.

Dr. Milani also wrote:
To win on Iran, Trump should take a page from Reagan's diplomatic playbook

"The hornet's nest is Khamenei, and those stung by the U.S. taking swings at it are the Iranian people, while his regime wear protective gear." - This is the better way of wording it than how I did.

Thank you for sharing all that you do with us around here. You're a treasure.

Upvote 0