Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Trump started this confontration. All of those actions stem from the US uniliterally tearing their own agreements up and starting an embargo. Also it is far from proven that Iran did any of those acts. There is plenty of other actors around. You do not seriously think that the White House narrative is always the truth ?

Not saying Iranians did not do anything but you have to be pretty ignorant and naive if you are sure you know the players here.

You might ask yourself what will Iran gain from starting a war they are sure to lose ?

What does Iran have to gain? Exactly, that was an act of terrorism, they simply are suicide bombing oil tankers. Blowing up two oil tankers, which the experts say there is credible evidence saying Iran was responsible. Multiple countries agree.

Now perhaps Trump said "We're not going to do business with you Iran". So does that give Iran the right to destroy the fruits of other business with other parties? Or down US vehicles?

God forbid that took place in normal business practices. That would sound more like the Mob forcing business with persons really in my opinion. Sounds like some sort of organized crime really.

• Agree
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Trump started this confontration. All of those actions stem from the US uniliterally tearing their own agreements up and starting an embargo. Also it is far from proven that Iran did any of those acts. There is plenty of other actors around. You do not seriously think that the White House narrative is always the truth ?

Not saying Iranians did not do anything but you have to be pretty ignorant and naive if you are sure you know the players here.

You might ask yourself what will Iran gain from starting a war they are sure to lose ?

You really should watch this short statement from the UN. The UN gave an official statement regard several mine attacks, not just 2 of them: Iran is Responsible for the Attacks

• Informative
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What does Iran have to gain? Exactly, that was an act of terrorism, they simply are suicide bombing oil tankers.

What are you smoking ? Nobody died on these acts. Tankers are still afloat as well.

Now perhaps Trump said "We're not going to do business with you Iran". So does that give Iran the right to destroy the fruits of other business with other parties? Or down US vehicles?

Actually what Trump said is that nobody should do business with Iran and for those who do US will put sanctions on them as well and destroy plenty of their "fruits of business".

Does that sound like normal business to you or indeed something more of what a mob boss would do to someone not paying their protection money ?

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What are you smoking ? Nobody died on these acts. Tankers are still afloat as well.
What am I smoking? You're the one that suggested it would be suicide for Iran to have bombed the tankers. I simply supplied the UN statement saying they in fact did bomb them.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You really should watch this short statement from the UN. The UN gave an official statement regard several mine attacks, not just 2 of them: Iran is Responsible for the Attacks

Always great to see Republicans trusting UN as trustworthy news source. Provided this is true. What is US going to do about it ? Trump does not have the guts to start a war with elections coming up. Embargo has been in a place for a while and has achieved minimal results.

So how does our master negotiator plan to finish what he has started ?

What am I smoking? You're the one that suggested it would be suicide for Iran to have bombed the tankers.

Actually I said it would be stupid for Iran to start a war they would lose. And they have not started a war.

You supplied suicide bombers and whatever. Perhaps watching Fox news a bit too closely.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Always great to see Republicans trusting UN as trustworthy news source. Provided this is true. What is US going to do about it ? Trump does not have the guts to start a war with elections coming up. Embargo has been in a place for a while and has achieved minimal results.

So how does our master negotiator plan to finish what he has started ?

Actually I said it would be stupid for Iran to start a war they would lose. And they have not started a war.

You supplied suicide bombers and whatever. Perhaps watching Fox news a bit too closely.

You clearly don't like Trump and appear to be assuming I'm Republican. I think I provided good commentary to support my position. BTW the bombings look like an act of terrorism to me, although that's open for debate.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
India had been one of the most stubborn consumers of cheap Iranian crude. However, it's being reported that even India has completely stopped it's purchases from Iran and is instead buying more US and Saudi oil. It's not just the current administration. I remember Secretary Clinton under President Obama coaxing India to cut Iranian imports.

To be clear, China is still defying US sanctions.

If a recalcitrant nation like India changed its ways, does that mean sanctions are working? Was the President right all along? If he is, are sanctions a peaceful resolution to the Iran situation? All are free to discuss.

Here are some links:
Iran sanctions: Indian Oil is stepping up imports of US and Saudi crude - CNN

Treasury Secretary Mnuchin: Existing sanctions against Iran are working

India will buy Iran oil despite US sanctions, says Dharmendra Pradhan

Clinton says India needs to do more on Iranian oil imports - Reuters
Good OP brother.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well lets see, Iran shot down a US drone over international waters

And the Evidence you have seen of this is...?

At this Juncture, that is at best debatable, and at worst an outright U.S. Lie:
Iran says the U.S. is "lying" about where its drone was shot down; military releases video

If it were shot down in international Airspace, Why didn't we recover the debris before the Iranians?
How'd they get there before us?

Just how far away from Iranian Airspace do you know the drone was when it was shot down?
A Mile?
10 Miles?
1000 feet?

Tell us how far away it was, since you seem so sure it was NOT in Iranian Airspace.

and then called our president an idiot,

Awww, Boo Hoo ....Let me bust out my tiniest violin...
So they exploited Trump's known Thin Skin, in order to get under it... and it worked?
Again, Boo Hoo...

while north Korea displayed pictures of the US with nuclear bombs killing us not to mention other threatening behavior like sending nuclear warheads over Japan sending off Mayday sirens and terrifying Japan.

Wait.. what?
When did NK send NUCLEAR WARHEADS over Japan?
I must've missed that... can you link us to any source confirming this?
What happened to those NUCLEAR WARHEADS after they passed over Japan? did they Explode? Did they Sink?
Did they return to NK?

Yet Trump has a "great Love" for Kim because of the flowery Giant Love Letters of affection Kim sends Him..

Maybe Trump was justified in his remarks? It looks like it to me.

Which Remarks?
His remarks of His Great Love For Kim Jong Un?

Those look justified to you?

Perhaps if the Ayatollah sent Trump a couple of mushy love letters Trump would look the other way in the face of Iran's Atrocities they way he does with North Korea's...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You believe Iran shot the drone down in their internationally recognized territory?

You don't believe Iran WOULD HAVE shot it down, and would have been justified in doing so, if it were?

I'm saying the evidence is murky at best, and the claim is demonstrably disputed.

I welcome any convincing evidence to review.... got any?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't believe Iran WOULD HAVE shot it down, and would have been justified in doing so, if it were?

I'm saying the evidence is murky at best, and the claim is demonstrably disputed.

I welcome any convincing evidence to review.... got any?
The evidence is solid from the CFACC drone track showing it in international airspace over international waters.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And the Evidence you have seen of this is...?

At this Juncture, that is at best debatable, and at worst an outright U.S. Lie:
Iran says the U.S. is "lying" about where its drone was shot down; military releases video

If it were shot down in international Airspace, Why didn't we recover the debris before the Iranians?
How'd they get there before us?

Just how far away from Iranian Airspace do you know the drone was when it was shot down?
A Mile?
10 Miles?
1000 feet?

Tell us how far away it was, since you seem so sure it was NOT in Iranian Airspace.

Awww, Boo Hoo ....Let me bust out my tiniest violin...
So they exploited Trump's known Thin Skin, in order to get under it... and it worked?
Again, Boo Hoo...

Wait.. what?
When did NK send NUCLEAR WARHEADS over Japan?
I must've missed that... can you link us to any source confirming this?
What happened to those NUCLEAR WARHEADS after they passed over Japan? did they Explode? Did they Sink?
Did they return to NK?

Yet Trump has a "great Love" for Kim because of the flowery Giant Love Letters of affection Kim sends Him..

Which Remarks?
His remarks of His Great Love For Kim Jong Un?

Those look justified to you?

Perhaps if the Ayatollah sent Trump a couple of mushy love letters Trump would look the other way in the face of Iran's Atrocities they way he does with North Korea's...

Lets see all the experts agree that Iran shot down the drown. And now you're saying what? Are you an expert?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lets see all the experts agree that Iran shot down the drown. And now you're saying what? Are you an expert?
No one is disputing Iran shot it down...I certainly never did. What’s in dispute is “where” it was, when it was shot.

And you certainly have posted what seems to be your “expert opinion” on many things that are clearly in dispute…Without providing any corroborating evidence…

Again, how far outside of Iranian airspace do you know that drone was when it was shot? 1 mile? 10 miles? 1000 feet?
Show us your sources.

And what about those nuclear warheads that flew over Japan that you expertly claimed happened?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Russia sides with Iran, they claim drone was in Iran airspace.
I guess people can believe Putin and the country which allegedly stole the 2016 election from Hillary Clinton.

Didn’t they also allegedly hack the DNC servers?

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess people can believe Putin and the country which allegedly stole the 2016 election from Hillary Clinton.
Didn’t they also allegedly hack the DNC servers?

Well...you would think that trump would take their word over our agencies as he has done in the past, wouldn't you?

• Agree
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well...you would think that trump would take their word over our agencies as he has done in the past, wouldn't you?
The agency in this case is the US Military. I don’t think they peddled HRC and DNC foreign opposition research.

They report facts and control the assets in question. So yes I believe people who once held my job to be truthful in reporting.

Believe me, even if something accidentally went off course that would be in the report.

If the wreckage was in Iranian waters or on their land we would be seeing it on Mullah Television right now.

Upvote 0