Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The Breastplate of Judgment
Exodus 28:
29 So Aaron shall bear the names of the sons of Israel on the breastplate of judgment over
his heart, when he goes into the holy place, as a memorial before the Lord continually.
30 And you shall put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim, and they shall be over Aaron’s heart when he goes in before the Lord. So Aaron shall bear the
judgment of the children of Israel over his heart before the Lord continually.

Messiah Yeshua, as the Son of Man, has been granted all authority for judgment
by
The Father.
John 5:

26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,
27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

The Breastplate of Faith and Love
1 Thessalonians 5:8. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate
of faith and love,
and as a helmet the hope of salvation.

1 Timothy 1:14. And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and
love which are in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 1:13. Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me,
in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.

Bearing their names as a Memorial upon his shoulders
Exodus 28:12. And you shall put the two stones on the shoulders of the ephod as memorial stones for the sons of Israel. So Aaron shall bear their names before the Lord on his two shoulders as a memorial.

Messiah Yeshua is our High Priest under the covenant of The Father’s steadfast
love and sure mercies for David.

Isaiah 9:
6 For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given, and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of His government and peace no end, upon the throne of David and over
His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and righteousness
from that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Isaiah 22:22. The key of the house of David I will lay on His shoulder;
So he shall open, and no one shall shut; and he shall shut, and no one shall open.

Revelation 3:7. These things say He who is holy, He who is true, He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens.

Matthew 16:19. And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Pray, Without Ceasing 1 Thessalonians 5:17
Romans 1:9.
For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son,
that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers.

1 Thessalonians 1:
2 We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers,
3 remembering without ceasing your work of faith, labor of love, and patience of hope in our
Lord Jesus Christ in the sight of our God and Father,
4 knowing, beloved brethren, your election by God.

1 Thessalonians 2:13. For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it
is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.

2 Timothy 1:3. I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as my forefathers did,
as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day.

John 15:
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it
shall be done for you.
8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

Last edited:

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Revelation 22:17-20 (The Passion Translation)
17 “Come,” says the Holy Spirit and the Bride in divine duet. Let everyone who hears this duet join them in saying, “Come.” Let everyone gripped with spiritual thirst say, “Come.” And let everyone who craves the gift of living water come and drink it freely. “It is my gift to you! Come.
18 I testify to everyone who hears the prophetic words of this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
19 And if anyone subtracts from the prophetic words of this book, God will remove his portion from the Tree of Life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
20 The one who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly” Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!

Some scholarly Bible editors (e.g. the italized portions) take too much liberty (e.g. "anyone adds to them" verse 18)?

Should the 2nd and 3rd "Come" in verse 17 be in parentheses as it's being spoken by the Bride(bride) and not the Bridegroom or the Holy Spirit. Should the Bride even be capitalized?
1. No (should not be capitalized) or Yes (the Bride is also holy Matthew 25:4)
Is the addition of It is my gift to you! Come.” in verse 17 an example of a scholarly Bible editor (with good intentions) taking too much liberty being there is no reference footnote of Yeshua speaking those words in a previous verse or any verses that followed?
2. Yes (taking too much liberty) or No (it's His intent that counts)
If "One" (verse 20) being the Bridegroom were capitalized would you approve or object?
3. approve ... or ... object
If "I AM (verse 20) were all CAPS would you approve or object?
4. approve ... or ... object
Is the Bible editor taking too much liberty in capitalizing Bride in verse 17 and adding "
in divine duet" ? (it does shed some light on why this translation is called The Passion Bible).
5. Yes ... or... No

NOTE: I don't have this translation, but thanks to BibleGateway and BibleHub different translations do help to further identify the true intent. There was a time many years ago when a peer Bible study fellowship i attended thought the Scofield Study Bible was the most reliable Bible to have close to you. Like all of us our journey is a lifetime of growing in His Word. About the time we think we've got it all figured it out ... God surprises us ... AMEN! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Ephesians 6:
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the
breastplate of righteousness,
15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench
all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God;
18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,
being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication
for
all the saints
19 and for me....

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
John 17:
9 I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me,
for they are Yours.
10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them.
11 Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one
as We are.

15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them
from
the evil one.
16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

1 Thessalonians 5:23.
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Zechariah 12:10. And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.

1 Timothy 2:1. Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men...

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADMIN HAT ON

This thread has been moved from Messianic Judaism to General Theology at the request of the member.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0