San Diego Schools Forcing Islamic Lessons on All Students, Providing Safe Spaces for Muslims

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks to an astonishing 4-0 vote by the San Diego Unified School District, all public school students will be forced to endure religious classes about Islam while Muslim students are protected from bullying with designated safe spaces.

According to The San Diego Union Tribune, it’s all a “part of a multi-tiered approach to combat Islamophobia":

San Diego Unified School District administrators and teachers will have calendars showing Islamic holidays, students will learn more about the religion in social studies classes and safe places will be created on campuses for Muslim students as part of a multi-tiered approach to combat Islamophobia. READ MORE

San Diego Schools Forcing Islamic Lessons on All Students, Providing Safe Spaces for Muslims

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks to an astonishing 4-0 vote by the San Diego Unified School District, all public school students will be forced to endure religious classes about Islam while Muslim students are protected from bullying with designated safe spaces.

According to The San Diego Union Tribune, it’s all a “part of a multi-tiered approach to combat Islamophobia":

San Diego Unified School District administrators and teachers will have calendars showing Islamic holidays, students will learn more about the religion in social studies classes and safe places will be created on campuses for Muslim students as part of a multi-tiered approach to combat Islamophobia. READ MORE

No surprises there. This world is under the control of the enemy. He is called the god of this world. So these things are expected, because unconverted people are blinded to the gospel of Christ and so are easily manipulated to do what the devil wants them to do. It is not an attack on the society because there is no need for the devil to attack a society that is under his control anyway. His aim for western countries is to wipe out Christianity and replace it with the occult, Islam, false cults and anything else contrary to true worship of God.

Our role is not to try and oppose these things directly. There is nothing we can do. God has given the devil control of this world for a length of time, and then Jesus will come and take over. In the meantime our commission is to preach Christ and make disciples for Him. We will come right against these false things and will be attacked by the devil because of it. Why? We are invading his kingdom and he will fight against us. He will use every trick in the book to undermine us, our faith, and our preaching. He will turn authorities against us. We have already seen pastors in western countries arrested because they preached the gospel in public. It happened recently in Australia.

There are Christian groups who mission is to cry out against the sins of the world. I think they are involved in a lost cause. There is no scriptural support for that. We can't make converts by slinging off at the evils of our society. Paul did not say that attacking the evils in society is the power of God unto salvation to all who believe. He said that it is the gospel of Christ that contains the almighty power of God to bring souls to Christ. Only a major revival in the Church and an associated awakening of sinners of their need for Christ will defeat false religions in our countries.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If it was going to be taught fairly and accurately then I would have no problem, but I'm pretty sure it will just be deceptive propaganda. They won't mention the commands to kill the unbelievers and will just focus on the few peaceful verses without informing them that these verses no longer apply and have been abrogated by the violent ones.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why is Political Correctness protecting a religion that isn't politically correct by far?

Why is the Constitution protecting a religion that works to suppress the liberties of others?

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(Shrugs) They will open the door for every faith out there now, because if you do for one you must do for them all.

“When we create a climate where it’s OK to celebrate diversity and difference, then it makes all of our children safer,” said Trustee Kevin Beiser. “Not just the children who happen to be Muslim.”

Schools don't deal with bullying now, but chanting stuff about diversity and difference will make people safer huh? I doubt it. School are big on chanting the current 'rah rah' stuff, but aren't big on backing any of it up.

Nothing is wrong with learning about Islam and its place in history in social studies class. I remember taking a class in college that covered many different faiths, and it was interesting. Yet, today they tend to push one to much over the others. That doesn't accomplish the goals of celebrating diversity and difference. It makes them stand out more, and has the opposite effect.

These diversity and difference people seem to forget human nature. Yep, that covers the globe and all faith circles.

You have schools that look like a war zone, and students/teachers don't feel safe. They don't deal with it. You have kids on school buses getting their brains kicked in, because they have hamstrung the bus drivers from being allowed to intervene. They have changed nothing. Heck, the list goes on.

Nothing wrong with focusing on diversity and differences, but you have to be careful with the approaches. No special treatment, because that is at the core of the 'celebration' of us all being humans. You can't even hint at the fact that Muslims can be the bullies at times, because they are like anyone else. They go overboard with these programs, and pretend the kid can't see it, feel it, etc.

This program sounds like another sweet speech, but won't have the teeth that was intended.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
when is californica gonna secede from the onion?

I think their hope is to bring the rest of us down with them through culture. The culture they create in Hollywood and spoon-feed to the ignorant masses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A. Pike must have had a revelation. Writing about 3rd World War in 1871, before ww1 and ww2.

Or he thought that the first two had already occurred.

Upvote 0

joinfree

Nov 3, 2016
EU
✟36,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
.......​

All is coming to the hidden agenda of the deep state. Sinful depopulation. Why are chemicals in our food?​

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NOPE. This is going beyond equal learning about all religions and promoting (even if that is not the intention) of one religion above others. Christmas and Easter cannot be celebrated in schools in the tradition of Christianity but they are promoting Muslim holidays with special events. I'm pretty sure if push came to shove that is against the law.
If I were a parent in this school district and absolutely had to have my kids in public school, I'd be fighting this in court if necessary.

Now is the time for the people who respect our Constitution to take an immediate stand against this promotion of Islam.
I pray that someone in San Diego has the common sense to take action.

As far as bullying goes it should be handled the same way that bullying over race, gender, or glasses (four eyes) is handled. We have respect for others as we want to be respected, plain and simple.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know.
Knowledge is power.

I think it empowers Christian children.

If they know something about Islam, they can argue the better for Christianity.
How many of these same kids know anything about Christianity? Easter is colored eggs and chocolate bunnies! How many know anything about the resurrection or that Jesus was resurrected on the day of First-fruits.
Are they going to talk about Pentecost, explain that Jewish and Christian holiday that will be celebrate next?

Kids bullying Muslim kids can be dealt with just like other bullying, not tolerated period.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why is the Constitution protecting a religion that works to suppress the liberties of others?
All people are protected with the freedom of religion. Not the religion itself.
The people are only protected until their practices infringe on another person's rights.

Upvote 0

The Brown Brink

Apr 9, 2017
Kentucky
✟27,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I agree!
Bullying is terrible and must not be tolerated!

But no other religion compares to Christianity, really.
It soars above all the rest.

For my part, the more I've learned about other religions, the more respect and gratitude and amazement I feel for Christianity.

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

The Brown Brink

Apr 9, 2017
Kentucky
✟27,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many of these same kids know anything about Christianity? Easter is colored eggs and chocolate bunnies! How many know anything about the resurrection or that Jesus was resurrected on the day of First-fruits.
Are they going to talk about Pentecost, explain that Jewish and Christian holiday that will be celebrate next?

Kids bullying Muslim kids can be dealt with just like other bullying, not tolerated period.

Yes, I know what you mean.
Children need to know about Christianity.

Schools around here do celebrate Christmas and Easter.
The schools can't teach religion, but they can teach ABOUT religion, and they do.
Much of our history lessons deal with religion.
Christian children should already know the tenets of Christianity and bring this knowledge with them to school.
It helps them understand history.
But they have to be TAUGHT Christianity, and schools aren't allowed to do this.
We have to do it.

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0