loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sam's Club closing dozens of stores
Sam's Club, the membership warehouse owned by retail giant Walmart, is shutting down or converting 63 stores, a Walmart official confirmed Thursday.

Of those locations, about 50 will be going out of business for good. Roughly 10 of those locations are closing their doors as soon as Thursday, while the remainder will be shuttered over the next three to four weeks, the Walmart official said.
Oh look! Here's some more of that "winning" President Trump/Republicans are bringing to America! :sigh:
tulc(MAGA by closing businesses and putting people out of work?) :scratch:

Reactions: JerseyGuy

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Oh look! Here's some more of that "winning" President Trump/Republicans are bringing to America! :sigh:

1.7 million jobs created since Trump took office and you are making dozens of Sam Clubs a big deal?

Trump Scoreboard shows 1.7 million new jobs created during presidency

Under Trump administration so far, monthly job creation has continued

U.S. job growth trumps expectations, hourly wages rise | New Hampshire

Unemployment is down.

U.S. unemployment drops to lowest in 17 years

Also Hispanic and African Americans unemployment is down.

Black Unemployment Rate Under Trump is the Lowest it Has Been in 17 Years

Black Employment Up, Up, Up Under Trump

Hispanic unemployment at all-time low under Trump

People on food stamps is down:

Food Stamp Usage Has Fallen Every Month of Trump Presidency - Breitbart

The number of people on food stamps is falling. Here's why

Seems Trump is making the Economy better not worse as you are trying to claim.

Trump defies data with 6% GDP growth forecast

Trump economic advisor Gary Cohn: GOP tax reform will push the stock market even higher

The Trump Effect: Business, Anticipating Less Regulation, Loosens Purse Strings

Also the poster above me points out that Walmart is not hurting under Trump as they are giving out bonuses and increases wages. From the link from the post above mine:

"The new law will create some financial benefit for the company,” Walmart said in its statement, saying it was “early in the process of assessing potential additional investments,” and that it would provide additional details next month when it announces quarterly earnings.

Since the passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, a number of companies announced employee bonuses, including NBC News' parent company Comcast, plus AT&T, JetBlue and a host of financial institutions including Bank of America and Wells Fargo."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 points:
1) that number falls short of the job numbers under President Obama. :wave:
Trump's first-year jobs record was strong. Just not as strong as Obama's last year

and 2) if President Trump is responsible for those jobs added doesn't that mean he's responsible for all the people who lost their jobs as well last year and are losing them in the coming months as well? So while people are clapping for the pay hike Walmart people are getting doesn't it sound like the hike is actually being paid for by the people who they fired? As opposed to cutting into any of those billions and billions of dollars they made in profits last year? :scratch:
tulc(thinks that sounds only fair) :wave:

• Winner
Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2 points:
1) that number falls short of the job numbers under President Obama. :wave:
Trump's first-year jobs record was strong. Just not as strong as Obama's last year

and 2) if President Trump is responsible for those jobs added doesn't that mean he's responsible for all the people who lost their jobs as well last year and are losing them in the coming months as well? So while people are clapping for the pay hike Walmart people are getting doesn't it sound like the hike is actually being paid for by the people who they fired? As opposed to cutting into any of those billions and billions of dollars they made in profits last year? :scratch:
tulc(thinks that sounds only fair) :wave:

Your first point is true. With the exception of minority groups like blacks and Mexicans who are doing better under Trump. Now let's give Trump credit where credit is due as he has not hurt the economy (as I have for presidents I didn't always agree with).

Your second point is mostly false here's why. First Walmart is not closing them cause of anything Trump is doing, as they claim Trump has helped with the Tax cuts. They are closing some stores for "too many competing locations" which is not bad that there is competition. The others of it's stores will reopen to handle online orders. That's just business.

"The company attributed the decision to the need to better fulfill online orders, less population growth than expected in some markets and too many competing locations ..... About 10 to 12 of the stores are slated to be closed temporarily as the retailer converts them to regional distributional centers to help fulfill online purchases." from
m link below.

Sam's Club closing dozens of stores; some being converted to distribution centers

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
[Your second point is mostly false here's why. First Walmart is not closing them cause of anything Trump is doing, as they claim Trump has helped with the Tax cuts. They are closing some stores for "too many competing locations" which is not bad that there is competition. The others of it's stores will reopen to handle online orders. That's just business.
I'm sorry, but it seems a little odd that someone can say: "The President is only responsible for anything good that happens, anything that's bad that happens is someone else's fault." For instance: While job growth under President Obama was much greater then under President Trump I have yet to hear anyone who defends President Trump say "Nice! We're following in President Obama's footsteps, I sure hope we can match his numbers sometime!" :wave:

"The company attributed the decision to the need to better fulfill online orders, less population growth than expected in some markets and too many competing locations ..... About 10 to 12 of the stores are slated to be closed temporarily as the retailer converts them to regional distributional centers to help fulfill online purchases." from
m link below.

Sam's Club closing dozens of stores; some being converted to distribution centers
and it's only a coincidence that when the company finally gives it's workers a pay raise they do so only after firing several hundred other workers? :scratch:
tulc(finds that a little hard to swallow) :sorry:

Upvote 0

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a shame. You have to wonder if they couldn't get membership up enough to justify the stores.

I know someone that worked there, and she spoke about how the rumor mills would fly about certain stores due to this. She said they always met their quotas, etc. at their's.

We have two within 10 miles of each other, and on the same street. I always thought that was bad planning on their part. I mean you also have a Costco between the two as well.

They closed the smaller of the two it was announced today. That closing didn't surprise me under the circumstances. Our community doesn't need 3 superstores like that within 10 miles of each other - the population here isn't big enough.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry, but it seems a little odd that someone can say: "The President is only responsible for anything good that happens, anything that's bad that happens is someone else's fault." For instance: While job growth under President Obama was much greater then under President Trump I have yet to hear anyone who defends President Trump say "Nice! We're following in President Obama's footsteps, I sure hope we can match his numbers sometime!" :wave:

and it's only a coincidence that when the company finally gives it's workers a pay raise they do so only after firing several hundred other workers? :scratch:
tulc(finds that a little hard to swallow) :sorry:

First that's not what I am saying you have to see the reason they are downsizing not just assume things. Walmart said the new tax plan is helping business and these downsizing is not related. So why not take them at their word. Apart of being honest is reading all sides to a story to give a accurate account to a story. This is not related to Trump as that's not according to the report Walmart gave. Who knows better then Walmart themselves? Every President follows in the footsteps of their predecessor so yes Trump followed in Obama's footsteps in many ways just like Obama will follow in the footsteps of Bush.

Obama follows in Bush's footsteps on War Powers

Obama to walk in the footsteps of George W Bush at UN

Giving Obama credit -- when he's followed Bush's footsteps

Obama follows in Bush's footsteps on Columbia River Crossing

Obama's Economy Is Worse Than Bush's, By Obama's Own Numbers

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip) yes Trump will follow in Obama's footsteps in many ways (snip)
The impression I get is he isn't so much "following" as "burning everything President Obama did or touched, and then salting the earth afterwards as a warning to all who follow!". He doesn't seem to have an actual plan to "Make America Great Again" so much as "Remove all proof President Obama existed." :wave:
tulc(just an impression he has) :)

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The impression I get is he isn't so much "following" as "burning everything President Obama did or touched, and then salting the earth afterwards as a warning to all who follow!". He doesn't seem to have an actual plan to "Make America Great Again" so much as "Remove all proof President Obama existed." :wave:
tulc(just an impression he has) :)

Obama who followed in Bush's footsteps also tried to erase some of Bush's policies to make his own mark on history. That's what we are seeing with Trump. But we can also see him walking in some of Obama's footsteps as he moves forward to make his mark on history. A President will always walk in the footsteps of his predecessor and at the same time try to make his own mark on history.

Now in the areas that Trump does erase Obama's policies I hope he makes America better. We must always wish our leaders well and pray for them to lead this country in the right direction. I hope and pray that Trump continues to make our economy strong and make this nation better then when he first took office. To wish our leaders ill is to wish our country ill. We mush drop labels and start working together to make this nation great again. Trump is doing a good job if we really want to be honest without liberal bias. Let's wish all our leads well.

When it Comes to Venezuela, Trump Follows in Obama Footsteps

Despite Tough Talk, Trump Follows Obama Footsteps On Terror Suspects |RN

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...s-lead-and-gives-iran-just-what-it-wants/amp/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This has nothing to do with Trump. I used to hear about Sam's club growing up but the popularity has waned considerably. It was a good idea for awhile but with online retail dominating the market, the Sam's Club model isn't working as well anymore.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This has nothing to do with Trump. (snip)
uhmmm...has anyone told the White House that?
The administration held Walmart’s announcement up as proof that the money the newly signed tax law hands over to corporations was already trickling down into the pockets of American workers. White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders celebrated the company decision, while President Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka tweeted, “Thanks to the passage of historic tax cuts, American workers and their families are winning!’”

Trump himself shared a video on Twitter of Fox Business discussing the news and declared, “Great news, as a result of our TAX CUTS & JOBS ACT!”
found here: Walmart's Shiny New $11 Minimum Wage Isn't Really A Result Of The Tax Law
and my point is: if President Trump/Republicans tax cuts are responsible for the good things, shouldn't they be blamed for the bad things as well? :scratch:
tulc(still wondering when conservatives are going to thank President Obama for those gains his policies made in 2017?) :scratch:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obama who followed in Bush's footsteps also tried to erase some of Bush's policies to make his own mark on history. That's what we are seeing with Trump. But we can also see him walking in some of Obama's footsteps as he moves forward to make his mark on history. A President will always walk in the footsteps of his predecessor and at the same time try to make his own mark on history.
...right...and the whole "scorched earth" parts of President Trumps "policies" is simply his way of "following President Obama's footsteps"? :scratch:

Now in the areas that Trump does erase Obama's policies I hope he makes America better.
I'm reminded of a quote (that unfortunately I cant find out who said it) That "Of a man, more interested in injuring his perceived foes then in helping others, very little good can be expected from him." President Trump, to me, is that sort of man. :sigh:

We must always wish our leaders well and pray for them to lead this country in the right direction. I hope and pray that Trump continues to make our economy strong and make this nation better then when he first took office. To wish our leaders ill is to wish our country ill.
This isn't the first time it's been (sort of) implied that I and all those who aren't "100% behind all things President Trump!!" are "wishing him ill" truth is? If he didn't seem to spend pretty much every hour he's awake attacking people who I love and am trying to help I wouldn't have so many problems with him. Wish him ill? No, I really don't. :sorry:
We mush drop labels and start working together to make this nation great again. Trump is doing a good job if we really want to be honest without liberal bias. Let's wish all our leads well.(snip)
...you do realize this isn't even sort of true, right? When I say "He's a dumpster fire" I'm not really exaggerating what his job performance looks like to quite a few people in America. :(
tulc(and not one of those fun dumpster fires either) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
uhmmm...has anyone told the White House that?

found here: Walmart's Shiny New $11 Minimum Wage Isn't Really A Result Of The Tax Law
and my point is: if President Trump/Republicans tax cuts are responsible for the good things, shouldn't they be blamed for the bad things as well? :scratch:
tulc(still wondering when conservatives are going to thank President Obama for those gains his policies made in 2017?) :scratch:

Changes that come from Trump's tax laws could obviously be linked to him. Sam's Club becoming less popular as shopping trends change have nothing to do with these politics. Here is one article talking about the sales were falling in January 2015, before the presidency change.

"The weak comps can be attributed to several things, as there's a lot Sam's Club could have done differently. Middle-class Americans are keeping a check on how and where they spend, as the economy's not at one of its brightest junctures. Sam's Club's sales suffer as it focuses on comparatively lower-income groups whose spending patterns are directly proportional to the improvement of the economy. Costco, in contrast, targets more affluent customers who are less vulnerable to the economic slump."

And this article from 2014 showed the struggle was real then as well:
"Sales at Sam’s Club stores open for a year or more fell 0.5 percent from a year ago in the just-ended fiscal first quarter, the company announced Thursday. The poor results come a few months after the chain laid off 2,300 workers."

So this news of Sam's club continuing to do poorly years later cannot be blamed on the current presidency. The stores have been failing for years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

JCPenney closed a lot of stores while Obama was president. I never thought of blaming Obama, but now that you mention it ...

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

JerseyGuy

Jan 7, 2016
New York
✟16,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Straight up, Sam's Club couldn't compete. Nothing wrong with the "model" - the model works great for their competitors. You have Sam's Club who cheaps out every way possible and especially in how they pay and treat their employees, then you have Costco who pays far higher to their employees and gives them all full benefits instead of telling them how to get government assistance (as Sam's Club/Walmart do). Gee, I wonder why Costco CRUSHED Sam's Club? Oh yeah because Sam's Club is pathetic and stupid and crappy because they treat their employees like garbage and have a competitor who does not. Simple as that.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JCPenney closed a lot of stores while Obama was president. I never thought of blaming Obama, but now that you mention it ...
Then you should start a thread about that, because this thread isn't about President Obama. But I'm glad to see rule #1 in the "How to Defend President Trump When There's No Way To Do So" handbook is still being used: "When you can't defend him, attack someone else as a distraction!" I think that one's only slightly less popular then #2 where people bring up the only recently discovered Scriptures about not criticizing the leader of the nation you live in. :wave:
tulc(wonders where those Scriptures were during the 8 years of President Obama's administration?) :scratch:

• Haha
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Straight up, Sam's Club couldn't compete. Nothing wrong with the "model" - the model works great for their competitors. You have Sam's Club who cheaps out every way possible and especially in how they pay and treat their employees, then you have Costco who pays far higher to their employees and gives them all full benefits instead of telling them how to get government assistance (as Sam's Club/Walmart do). Gee, I wonder why Costco CRUSHED Sam's Club? Oh yeah because Sam's Club is pathetic and stupid and crappy because they treat their employees like garbage and have a competitor who does not. Simple as that.
That, and Sam's Club overexpanded while Costco from what I hear is conservative about expanding.

Upvote 0

mathinspiration

Nov 15, 2013
✟22,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Online shopping is taken its toll but for now. If a recession or depression hits, people might abandon online shopping and the internet all together. There should be more jobs than in Walmart and Sam's and why do you want a job at these places?

Upvote 0